These nerfs have got to go!

#1RaxuRangerkingPosted 7/22/2014 10:39:53 PM
I don't know how else to say this, but I'm sick of this. I really am. Dark Souls has always been an amazing, fun, challenging series for me, but they're really starting to butcher it here.

First they nerfed the armor and weapons; signed in to my main not knowing which way was up in terms of stats, had to respec everything. At first it didn't seem so bad.

Then I realized that they made the worst move they could ever possibly make: THEY NERFED EVERY SPELL IN THE GAME. Not only do my spells barely have any casts now, but they're feeble shadows of their former selves; I can't even SEE THE DAMAGE that my Great Lightning Spear does to a certain DLC boss. Even the Soul Spear spells are flimsy now. The entire game just feels kinda bogged and sinking whenever I play it now. Before you say I'm too reliant on spells, let me say this; we've all used spells at some point and you need spells to stay alive in the Souls series, especially when you're fighting the Queen Of Artificial Difficulty in the DLC.

I don't see how this even vaguely improved the game. Instead of doing something like working on the outrageous hitboxes on certain bosses/mobs, they decide to nerf all our spells, armor, and best weapons right before a hard-as-nails DLC? Sorry, FROM, but taking away our small advantages before a giant test of strength doesn't make a game difficult; it just makes it unfair. They had better fix this real soon, and to any from FROMSOFT reading this; you're ruining your own game. Fix it fast.

TL;DR I hate the nerfs with every ounce of my being.
---
------
Official *Black Knight Greatsword* of Gamefaqs
#2pokemaster115Posted 7/22/2014 10:45:08 PM
I, and a few of my friends have beaten the vanilla and DLC melee-only, including Elana and without summons as well. Spells are not necessary in any way.
---
3239-4211-1149
Aipom, Minccino, & DITTO!
#3musicjunkie009Posted 7/22/2014 10:46:36 PM
You have my deepest sympathy. I, too, am annoyed that FROM listens to whining. I am not allowed to be annoyed because I primarily play PvE and all of these changes are there for the PvP players (even though it was once fairly well understood that PvP was not the main point of the series, just a fun side effect). Most of the players that will be playing in a few years will be the pure PvPers (many of whom I like and respect, incidentally, before this turns into something it isn't), and FROM knows that. Those are who they decided to cater to this time. Enjoy!
---
GT: Dolem Gheist 09
#4RaxuRangerking(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2014 10:51:54 PM
pokemaster115 posted...
I, and a few of my friends have beaten the vanilla and DLC melee-only, including Elana and without summons as well. Spells are not necessary in any way.

Did you do it on NG+5? Because you can't even see yellow on the boss's HP bar at that lvl of NG.
---
------
#5musicjunkie009Posted 7/22/2014 10:53:56 PM
RaxuRangerking posted...
pokemaster115 posted...

Did you do it on NG+5? Because you can't even see yellow on the boss's HP bar at that lvl of NG.

Speaking from NG+5 (which made that DLC a lot of fun!!), I totally agree, tc.
---
GT: Dolem Gheist 09
#6pokemaster115Posted 7/22/2014 10:54:55 PM
RaxuRangerking posted...
pokemaster115 posted...

No. But honestly all it takes is a lot of patience. I haven't done the DLC over NG+, but i have beaten the Vanilla melee-only upt to NG+6.
---
3239-4211-1149
#7RaxuRangerking(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2014 11:05:22 PM
pokemaster115 posted...
RaxuRangerking posted...
pokemaster115 posted...

No. But honestly all it takes is a lot of patience. I haven't done the DLC over NG+, but i have beaten the Vanilla melee-only upt to NG+6.

Yeah I know, I'm gonna try tomorrow; hopefully I won't keep DCing. Then I'll summon some real players to help me.
---
------
#8pokemaster115Posted 7/22/2014 11:06:06 PM
Good luck!
---
3239-4211-1149
#9RaxuRangerking(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2014 11:06:38 PM
pokemaster115 posted...
Good luck!

---
------
#10AkimboSlice1Posted 7/22/2014 11:15:13 PM(edited)
I'm pretty sure everything in the dlc is resistant to any type of magic so you can't use those enemies as an example of how spells are bad. Spells are still strong. I've been pvping since and my lightning and soul spells still take chunks of life.

Sorry, you can't cheese your way through PvE anymore. If you can't beat the game without spells then in recommend you get better.

Honestly, it's people like you that bring these unnecessary buffs or nerfs to this game.