The game is officially kicking my ass for the first time in a long time, HALP

#1Phoenixmon2Posted 8/1/2014 11:59:29 PM
I cannot get through Dragon Shrine. God, these Drakekeepers are ridiculous.

I think I should stop playing Fashion Souls, but I've used a lot of chunks and slabs to upgrade this stuff to +10. I used black leather armor for a while with the black hood, and also have the Black Gloves, shadow top and Faraam boots fully upgraded. I try to be fairly lightweight, usually under 30 or 40%, but I'm starting to think I need heavier armor. Poise sure is a problem, even after the Faraam boots bumped me over 40.

I'm using a Partizan and Longsword +10 right now. A spear +10 got me through most of the game and a partizan is just a total upgrade over the spear, same moveset with better damage and reach. I also have pyromancies which do plenty of damage to these guys, but they're really hard to use on them.

I'm SL 141 right now, and I was probably going to stop at 150, so I've got my stats mostly lined up. I'm not sure what I can do to change things a lot. So...anyone have any advice? I've never been this helpless at PvE. I feel like dying in new areas is a rare thing, I take my time and come out on top even if the enemy is unfamiliar. But this...this is breaking my spirit.
#2pokemaster115Posted 8/2/2014 12:03:12 AM
You just gotta learn the moves, play cautiosly, and make sure your weapons are up to snuff.
---
3239-4211-1149
Aipom, Minccino, & DITTO!
#3CuddlyDollPosted 8/2/2014 12:09:27 AM
I always run through that place if I can't snipe them with bows or spells from range. **** those guys.
---
Good feels, man~
GT: Doom Desire
#4Conn_The_HumanPosted 8/2/2014 12:14:17 AM
Phoenixmon2 posted...
I cannot get through Dragon Shrine. God, these Drakekeepers are ridiculous.

I think I should stop playing Fashion Souls, but I've used a lot of chunks and slabs to upgrade this stuff to +10. I used black leather armor for a while with the black hood, and also have the Black Gloves, shadow top and Faraam boots fully upgraded. I try to be fairly lightweight, usually under 30 or 40%, but I'm starting to think I need heavier armor. Poise sure is a problem, even after the Faraam boots bumped me over 40.

I'm using a Partizan and Longsword +10 right now. A spear +10 got me through most of the game and a partizan is just a total upgrade over the spear, same moveset with better damage and reach. I also have pyromancies which do plenty of damage to these guys, but they're really hard to use on them.

I'm SL 141 right now, and I was probably going to stop at 150, so I've got my stats mostly lined up. I'm not sure what I can do to change things a lot. So...anyone have any advice? I've never been this helpless at PvE. I feel like dying in new areas is a rare thing, I take my time and come out on top even if the enemy is unfamiliar. But this...this is breaking my spirit.

NG or NG+? You could summon me at some point if you still need.
---
"Choice is a great power. A crusher of kingdoms may choose to spend his life resting on his laurels, simply because he may"
GT: Conn The Human
#5SoothesayerPosted 8/2/2014 12:16:53 AM
I never got the hype for these guys.

They're like roided up version of the heide's tower knights aren't they? People say they're so difficult but you just got to be patient and isolate them, don't get greedy. They were never all that difficult for me.

To me the dragonbros are the killers. Those guys are MAD aggressive and fight like they're playing Mahvel.
#6G0B1G0RG0H0M3Posted 8/2/2014 12:25:33 AM
Try attacking
#7Dawn_LurkerPosted 8/2/2014 12:32:07 AM
Try luring it out and then composure
#8pterodarylPosted 8/2/2014 12:36:26 AM
When in doubt, Poison Arrows.
---
Official Dung Pie of the Dark Souls II boards
gt: Pterodaryl
#9Phoenixmon2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2014 1:25:39 AM
I upgraded Lucatiel's Vest to +6 and went HOLY CRAP it's actually good now. Added the rest of the Judgment Set and it looked SOOOOOO good. 0 poise, though.

So because I had a bunch of twinkling titanite, I upgraded my Aurous armor piece all the way. It's nice. Almost too heavy to pair with anything else, and I'd have to upgrade whatever goes with it.

I don't know what to doooooo. Also, how is the Sun Sword with 20 STR/40 DEX?
#10pterodarylPosted 8/2/2014 1:50:18 AM
Phoenixmon2 posted...
I upgraded Lucatiel's Vest to +6 and went HOLY CRAP it's actually good now. Added the rest of the Judgment Set and it looked SOOOOOO good. 0 poise, though.

So because I had a bunch of twinkling titanite, I upgraded my Aurous armor piece all the way. It's nice. Almost too heavy to pair with anything else, and I'd have to upgrade whatever goes with it.

I don't know what to doooooo. Also, how is the Sun Sword with 20 STR/40 DEX?

I run dual Sun Swords at 40/40. It's fun, but without buffs you'll be only doing average damage. Works well paired with light armor and pyro glove on right hand to buff with Flame Weapon and resins to buff the other sword.

The range leaves something to be desired though.
---
Official Dung Pie of the Dark Souls II boards
gt: Pterodaryl