Gesture- They Just Fuel The Rage

#1AKDeadManPosted 8/3/2014 10:51:50 AM
Do we really need them? They serve almost no purpose other than to show express emotion. Which is now made possible through f***ing voice chat. I'd be fine with just bowing and pointing. Decapitating, mocking, etc. It fuels people's rage, and insights hatemail. I dont mind it when I got free time and I know I didn't do s*** wrong.

But god, it makes losing that much more biting and angering. Some people rage simply because their opponent annoyed them or ticked them off with a gesture. Just saying, thousands of games have come and gone before it. Atleast dozens of successful online games. And none of them had the "piss me off" gestures that this game has. People typically use them just to be a d*** anyway.

Can anyone honestly tell me they serve a better purpose, or a practical purpose besides griefing?
---
My name's Dead Man, Mr. Dead if you're nasty. :-P
#2Unf0rgettablePosted 8/3/2014 10:52:38 AM
You can gesture in co-op to show the way and help without breaking immersion.
---
No.
#3Darksouls420Posted 8/3/2014 10:54:32 AM
You should probs just git gud. Don't lose and you can gesture at you're deceased opponent.
---
Gt: DESPICABLEMe420
Official malformed skull back stab of the dks2 message boards
#4espada_dingPosted 8/3/2014 10:55:16 AM
Gesturing after you win is not griefing. Gesturing after a parry instead of a riposte, now that's questionable.
---
Squad :GonosyphilherpalAIDS
#5AKDeadMan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2014 10:55:52 AM
Only a few of the gestures are useful for that. I'm talking about decapitate, welcome, etc. The gestures that typically insight a negative response or have a negative connotation in pvp.
---
#6WheelHoss1Posted 8/3/2014 10:58:59 AM
Your entire post confirms why gestures are in the game. To piss people like you off.
---
GT: Wheel Hoss 1
Official Chaos Blade
#7AKDeadMan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2014 10:59:36 AM
Darksouls420 posted...
You should probs just git gud. Don't lose and you can gesture at you're deceased opponent.

If I had a quarter everytime I read you saying that. I would be one rich motherf***er. Git gud and come up with something better than git gud. Before I git gud you with my git gud +10 uchi in your git gud posterior and make you git gud all the way home. Am I gud enuff for u yet?
---
#8killbot357Posted 8/3/2014 11:01:06 AM
AKDeadMan posted...
Some people rage simply because their opponent annoyed them or ticked them off with a gesture.

These people have larger problems if something in a video game is causing them to rage.
---
XBOX / PSN: illbzo1 Twitter: @illbzo1
Currently playing: Dark Souls 2, Magic 2015, Divinity: Original Sin
#9AKDeadMan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2014 11:01:21 AM
WheelHoss1 posted...
Your entire post confirms why gestures are in the game. To piss people like you off.

And I can see why people like you would think that's a good reason to justify them.
---
#10espada_dingPosted 8/3/2014 11:02:42 AM
You so salty. Take a chill man its a game, and a board about a game. A videogame.
---
Squad :GonosyphilherpalAIDS