Is this the best series you've ever played?

#1Darksouls420Posted 8/26/2014 6:50:13 PM
I honestly want serious opinions. The souls series, for me, is amazing. Yes it has flaws and the patches in this game really suck, but I've never had something be able to grasp my attention for SO MUCH TIME.

Of course it has it's downsides, but it really is a master piece of a series.

Hands down best sword play, awesome enemies, rage inducing game play, as well as this games AI being amped up a little bit. Just a great series overall.

Your thoughts? If you have another game in mind, share!
---
Gt: DESPICABLEMe420
Official malformed skull back stab of the dks2 message boards
#2pterodarylPosted 8/26/2014 6:52:18 PM
Nope. Metal Gear Solid (aside from 2) is my favorite. And before I get derisive responses, remember; this is an opinion.
---
Official Dung Pie of the Dark Souls II boards
gt: Pterodaryl
#3MegaTurferPosted 8/26/2014 6:56:32 PM
It's really good but it's hardly the best.
I'd have to say the Jak series (specifically 1 - 3) is the best I've played.
I'm not sure where I'd rank Souls games, but they'll definitely be on my top 10.
---
Effect: Lowers Intelligence
GT/PSN - MrTurferPop
#4newjerseyplayerPosted 8/26/2014 7:05:27 PM
My top series have got to be Jak, MxC, formerly the CoD series, with the legacy ending at MW2, Street Fighter, Battlefront (I wish they made a third), the Smash Bros series, and not much else comes to mind.
---
I Was Going To Yell At You, But I Won't. Because You're A Cutie. GOD YOU'RE SO F****** HOT
Yes I believe in Jesus Christ. He is our Saviour.
#5Onion_DuckPosted 8/26/2014 7:26:39 PM
Definitely not the greatest game I've ever played or the game I've sunk the most hours into, not by a long shot. But talking series-wise definitely. Unfortunately I've never played Demon's Souls but having play through Dark Souls 1 and 2 several times I have to say it's a strong series. Most series tend to become terrible either because it's too much of the same or way too different then the reason we loved it in the first place. It's a fine line to walk to keep the game fresh and interesting without changing it too much and Dark Souls, in my opinion, is one of the best, if not THE best, series to do so.
---
Your = Possessive. As in "Your grammar sucks."
You're = You are. As in "You're an idiot for not knowing the difference."
#6moodyjm2Posted 8/26/2014 7:28:37 PM
Yes.
---
Brought to you by GameFlux
Free GameFAQs app on Google Play!
#7Denizen_Of_DarkPosted 8/26/2014 7:28:49 PM
Theres a lotta good series bro.. it would take some research n a lotta thought, but its def up there. Dks2 may be good on its own, but its very inconsistent concerning its predecessors n not too original considering its a different team. Couple that wit tha fact that dks is basically a reimagining of demons, and it would be hard to say.

my heart tells me its up there tho. Maybe top 5.
---
Official GRAVITY of gamefaqs Dark Souls boards.
XBL GT in quote.
#8J28ShammgodPosted 8/26/2014 7:30:42 PM
Metroid.
---
"Dire tidings, indeed."
https://www.youtube.com/user/Corpsegrinder28
#9Stev019Posted 8/26/2014 7:46:30 PM
I like this serious more than other series I've played because it doesn't treat me like an idiot and I really like the gameplay style.
#10NineteenWashPosted 8/26/2014 7:59:13 PM
Just about every Legend of Zelda game. /topic

I kid. Other than Zelda not much comes close for me other than Metroid and Resident Evil (only the ones that came before 5). Oh, and Banjo Kazooie is pretty legit among others im not taking the time to name.
---
I've been staring at words so long I'm starting to get spontaneously dyslexic