Forbes: Is Dark Souls II The Worst Game Ever Made?

#1CL60Posted 4/27/2014 9:00:36 AM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelthomsen/2014/04/25/is-dark-souls-ii-the-worst-game-ever-made/
---
Every time you shoot a deer head a zombie gets a shotgun
#2cobaltlotusPosted 4/27/2014 9:02:47 AM
That article lost it's credentials when I got to the part where he said "I hate this game, so I should spent 400+ hours playing it, and play it more than anything else."

Let's not just hate a game and drop it.. Let's play it more then write a whiny article about it because I can't beat an optional boss. What the ****?
---
Derp.
#3SlaynPosted 4/27/2014 9:10:02 AM
At first I thought it was troll, but then after reading his pretentious writing style and looking at his picture, he sounds like he has Asperger's or something.

I just... I don't know... he said the first Dark Souls was the worst game ever, and then admits to playing a few hundred hours... I really think it just might be click bait.

The amateur crap on Forbes, especially video games, is REALLY bad. It makes me think these authors just want attention so they can move on to real journalism instead of writing for what is essentially a blog.
---
You can spend $400 on a console and $400 on a cheap PC, or you can spend $800 to build your own and have the best of both worlds.
#4NineteenHundredPosted 4/27/2014 9:12:48 AM
That was so pretentious I just spontaneously grew a stupid curly moustache.
---
Yes, I am probably making fun of you.
#5ClouddxPosted 4/27/2014 9:14:35 AM
And my net worth is 16.6 billion dollars.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#6BugMasterDPosted 4/27/2014 9:15:34 AM
Slayn posted...
At first I thought it was troll, but then after reading his pretentious writing style and looking at his picture, he sounds like he has Asperger's or something.

I just... I don't know... he said the first Dark Souls was the worst game ever, and then admits to playing a few hundred hours... I really think it just might be click bait.

The amateur crap on Forbes, especially video games, is REALLY bad. It makes me think these authors just want attention so they can move on to real journalism instead of writing for what is essentially a blog.

Uhh.. No. I know -TWO- people diagnosed with Aspergers, and they love the soul series from DeS to DsS2
---
I am Bug Master D. I speak for the bugs! They wish not to be squished.
#7grampamurkedPosted 4/27/2014 9:16:02 AM
Bad gamer=terrible reviewer
---
Xbox GT: Grampa Murked U Steam ID: grampamurkedu PSN ID: GRAMPAMURKEDU
#82pp3nd1xPosted 4/27/2014 9:16:38 AM
BugMasterD posted...
Slayn posted...

Uhh.. No. I know -TWO- people diagnosed with Aspergers, and they love the soul series from DeS to DsS2

He didn't say having Asperger's Syndrome makes you hate the souls game. Just that his writing style and picture led him to believe he might have it.
---
GET ******* REAL, THIS GAME ISN'T SUPPOSED TO BE REALISTIC YOU DUMB **** IF YOU WANT REALISM JUMP IN FRONT OF A SEMI - sonicrjk
#9SlaynPosted 4/27/2014 9:22:10 AM
2pp3nd1x posted...
BugMasterD posted...
Slayn posted...

He didn't say having Asperger's Syndrome makes you hate the souls game. Just that his writing style and picture led him to believe he might have it.

Yes, I dated someone with it. They tend to talk like that. Quite verbose. Sometimes their "logic" does not fit in line with other people. Tend to just prattle on and on. Not an insult, just an observation. Takes quite a person to play a game for a few hundred hours and study it that intently even if they think it is the "worst game ever". Sometimes they get infatuated with certain things.
---
You can spend $400 on a console and $400 on a cheap PC, or you can spend $800 to build your own and have the best of both worlds.
#10applesforapplesPosted 4/27/2014 9:40:27 AM(edited)
I dont know about aspergers, but the reviewer has got a half dozen trains of thought going at once and they've all gone off the rails by the end.

His arguments of repetitive combat and frustrations with the mathematical inconsistency of game mechanics swiftly devolve into what seems to be criticisms levied against the video game industry and community as a whole, something about how the friendships formed around the game, a hypnotic conflation of dazzling, senseless light, are eclipsed by the "socioeconomic circumstances" and "oppression" games like this cause until every one of the half dozen trains of thought he's riding crashes and burns.

It's the rhetorical equivalent of a ten-train pileup.
---
"Those who do not move do not feel their chains" - Rosa Luxembourg
PSN: productofboredum. Steam Name: theproductofboredom - feel free to friend me