I just heard a SCREAM...from the game?

#1Bullshifty12Posted 9/1/2014 4:04:40 AM
What the hell is going on. I was tabbed out from my steam and tabbed out of DS2 looking at a video when I hear this horrible, loud scream. It was loud...I mean cheap jump scare loud...

I immediately thought something weird was going on with my PC. Had I been hacked? Had someone pulled a prank and changed one of the tones on my PC? It certainly didn't come from the video...

So, I look on google and hear a few people talking about a 'scream' scare for anti-piracy blah, blah, blah...seems implausible and probably false because 1) I OWN the game on Steam and 2) it just sounds like somebody made this up.

While I'm waiting to hear it again, I'm 90% sure that it came from the game...at least I hope it did, because the idea of having a virus or trojan with a screamer scares me.
#2BlackSpyro_33Posted 9/1/2014 4:16:11 AM
Were you in Lost Bastille?
---
Steam ID: DragonMasterX
"I said: CLOSE THE HATCH!" - Teasel Bonne
#3Bullshifty12(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2014 4:22:25 AM
BlackSpyro_33 posted...
Were you in Lost Bastille?

No. I was in the Undead Crypt.
#4ProtoBladeXPosted 9/1/2014 8:32:52 AM(edited)
was it from a prism stone...? every once in a while i hear a very loud annoying high pitched noise from them that's not the usual noise they make... not sure what causes it
#5weirdneighborPosted 9/1/2014 12:01:51 PM
ProtoBladeX posted...
was it from a prism stone...? every once in a while i hear a very loud annoying high pitched noise from them that's not the usual noise they make... not sure what causes it

That means the distance they were dropped is fatal.
---
PSN: magsteiner
Pawn: Fio - lvl62 Ranger- Challenger/Mitigator/Acquisitor
#6BlackSpyro_33Posted 9/1/2014 1:20:47 PM
The only place where I ever heard a scream was in the room with the two pharros doors in the Lost Bastille. It's a female shrilly scream like from a horror movie.

Weird though.
---
Steam ID: DragonMasterX
"I said: CLOSE THE HATCH!" - Teasel Bonne
#7Deadboy90Posted 9/1/2014 10:22:09 PM
Chime of Screams?
#8Bullshifty12(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2014 7:27:56 PM
I have not heard the scream again. I'm guessing it wasn't really the game, but rather could have been some advert on my web browser...I still don't know for sure, but I'm going to guess that it probably wasn't from the game because the volume was so much louder than it usually is in game. I've looked for proof of the alleged "anti-piracy in game screamer" and haven't found any reliable evidence of it's existence.

I checked out my windows sound settings and found nothing, so I'm still not sure what it was.
#9TheDarkone21Posted 9/9/2014 5:13:19 AM
Your PC is HAUNTED!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
---
The http://i.imgur.com/y82YqJB.gif of Dark Souls.
GT: IwuzPh34rless / Steam ID: BlkDynamite
#10XMetaphysicsPosted 9/9/2014 2:04:10 PM
I heard this scream when I was summoned to a fight club on the Iron Keep bridge and the host (or his phantom) was placing prism stones. It was weird.
---
--
-