why can't i powerstance helix&mastadon halberds?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. why can't i powerstance helix&mastadon halberds?

User Info: ProtoBladeX

ProtoBladeX
2 years ago#1
i've seen lots of other people use the helix halberd & mastadon halberd powerstance combo, but it won't let me activate powerstance with those weapons, regardless of which is left or right... i had 50str/50dex and i thought powerstance requirements were 1.5x each, so it should have been working... but it wasn't so i added 2str just to make it 2x each and still it's not working... just uses the left-handed wep 2h instead of powerstance when i try. why's it doing this? was this powerstance combo removed from the game or something???

User Info: Tales_of_Scott

Tales_of_Scott
2 years ago#2
They patched out the ability to PS the helix with anything but itself I believe a few patches ago and also slowed down its PS poke animation.
Steam: Scotsman144 (friend me and join the PC FC)
(current characters: Professor Chaos, Shiva of BOS, Jester Scott, Optimized SM, Wedge Antilles, Juan Phiphty)

User Info: ProtoBladeX

ProtoBladeX
2 years ago#3
damn. well anyways... not quite... i've been using helix halberd & grand lance instead and they work pretty well together. now i'm looking for a syan's halberd to see what combos i can get with that

User Info: qoojay

qoojay
2 years ago#4
yep..PS poke was nerfed so bad. it's not worth anymore.

User Info: ApexMjolnir

ApexMjolnir
2 years ago#5
You can still powerstance Rapiers with Helix, and Daggers, though I have no idea why you would want to aside from the Parry... in which case you would be better off with 2 rapiers for speed.

User Info: CronosXIII

CronosXIII
2 years ago#6
It was a s*** scrub tactic anyway. Don't go down that road.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. why can't i powerstance helix&mastadon halberds?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived