why can't i powerstance helix&mastadon halberds?

#1ProtoBladeXPosted 9/1/2014 8:14:36 AM
i've seen lots of other people use the helix halberd & mastadon halberd powerstance combo, but it won't let me activate powerstance with those weapons, regardless of which is left or right... i had 50str/50dex and i thought powerstance requirements were 1.5x each, so it should have been working... but it wasn't so i added 2str just to make it 2x each and still it's not working... just uses the left-handed wep 2h instead of powerstance when i try. why's it doing this? was this powerstance combo removed from the game or something???
#2Tales_of_ScottPosted 9/1/2014 8:17:26 AM
They patched out the ability to PS the helix with anything but itself I believe a few patches ago and also slowed down its PS poke animation.
---
Steam: Scotsman144 (friend me and join the PC FC)
(current characters: Professor Chaos, Shiva of BOS, Jester Scott, Optimized SM, Wedge Antilles, Juan Phiphty)
#3ProtoBladeX(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2014 8:27:36 AM
damn. well anyways... not quite... i've been using helix halberd & grand lance instead and they work pretty well together. now i'm looking for a syan's halberd to see what combos i can get with that
#4qoojayPosted 9/1/2014 10:08:15 AM
yep..PS poke was nerfed so bad. it's not worth anymore.
#5ApexMjolnirPosted 9/1/2014 3:45:35 PM
You can still powerstance Rapiers with Helix, and Daggers, though I have no idea why you would want to aside from the Parry... in which case you would be better off with 2 rapiers for speed.
#6CronosXIIIPosted 9/2/2014 9:22:55 PM
It was a s*** scrub tactic anyway. Don't go down that road.