Capcom talks about the Megaman franchise future on December 17th

#1m100t8sPosted 12/12/2012 4:39:58 AM
I'm not interested in the series tbh, But I think you guys should know this.

Capcom said they will talk about the Megaman franchise future on December 17th. I hope you guys get a new MML game.

“After the cancellation of Mega Man Legends 3 and Universe, there was a cooling down period where even discussing the prospect of a Mega Man title was difficult. The wounds were still fresh for us (just as they were for fans). We’re at a point now where it’s not as painful and constructive discussions are happening again.”

I think there are core aspects of the franchise that can transcend genres, ages and platforms. While I’m far from the only person with an opinion internally, I’m firmly in the camp of wanting ‘jump and shoot’ as a core tenet of any project we do. Beyond that, I think the ground is still fertile with room for creative expression.”

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/12/09/capcom-talks-mega-man-news-coming-on-december-17th/
#2Smashbros295Posted 12/12/2012 5:43:36 PM
I wish, but it looks like a Mega Man Legends 3 for this 25th Anniversary is "unlikely", according to a message that Christian Svensson posted on the Ask Capcom forum a few days ago :/
http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/29528961/street-fighter-x-megaman-a-step-in-the-right-direction-questions-of-mega-proportion&post_num=12#526775415
(See quote box 9)
---
GetMeOffTheMoon has reached 100k likes! https://www.facebook.com/GetMeOffTheMoon
aka Skybane Zero, manager of the Mega Man Legends 3 Revival Movement.
#3xdifferentxPosted 12/16/2012 2:20:02 PM(edited)
start off the mega man revival nice and steady with
Mega Man HD Collection 1-10
Mega Man X HD Collection x1-8
Mega Man Legends HD Collection. 1,2 and tron bonne

Also, I honestly wouldn't mind a MMZ collection port over to the 360/ps3 aswell.

Personally, I'd pay $40 for each set, well except maybe the zero ones cause the later ones weren't that good...
#4NejiHyuga900Posted 12/17/2012 6:22:57 AM
xdifferentx posted...

Also, I honestly wouldn't mind a MMZ collection port over to the 360/ps3 aswell.

Personally, I'd pay $40 for each set, well except maybe the zero ones cause the later ones weren't that good...

Yes, I would love collections of all of those. Well, I already have Anniversary Collection for Xbox but I would love an X Collection for Xbox 360 (I am sad that the Mega Man X Collection wasn't ported to Xbox. ;_; The X series is my favorite)
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
Steam name: NejiHyuga900
#5n00bsaib0tPosted 12/17/2012 6:27:12 AM

You're asking for a whole hell of a lot. I doubt Capcom would make a dime going through 25 games (if you count MMZ) to remake them all in HD and selling each set for a measely $40.

You DO realize that the MMAC for $40 was 7 PSone games (Rockman Complete Works 1-6 translated, MM8), an emulated SNES game and two emulated arcade games with no graphical enhancements, right? It was a zero work project. So was the MMX Collection, which was two emulated SNES games and 5 PSone games (3-6 plus Battle and Chase). Thats why those were cheap. To have them remake that many games and ask them to sell it for that much? You're dreaming.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#6xdifferentxPosted 12/17/2012 8:09:03 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...

You're asking for a whole hell of a lot. I doubt Capcom would make a dime going through 25 games (if you count MMZ) to remake them all in HD and selling each set for a measely $40.

You DO realize that the MMAC for $40 was 7 PSone games (Rockman Complete Works 1-6 translated, MM8), an emulated SNES game and two emulated arcade games with no graphical enhancements, right? It was a zero work project. So was the MMX Collection, which was two emulated SNES games and 5 PSone games (3-6 plus Battle and Chase). Thats why those were cheap. To have them remake that many games and ask them to sell it for that much? You're dreaming.

you do realize hd collections are just remastered right? not an actual remake... it takes about a mil to remaster a collection and they already have the anniversary collections out so all they need to do is port it over and give it a hd touch up, it's really not that much work. the average set of games remastered in hd generally cost $40, look at ico and shadow of the colossus.. $40 on release, god of war hd collection.. $40 on release.. devil may cry hd collection.. $40 on release.
#7stevenbobPosted 12/17/2012 8:27:03 AM
xdifferentx posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...

you do realize hd collections are just remastered right? not an actual remake... it takes about a mil to remaster a collection and they already have the anniversary collections out so all they need to do is port it over and give it a hd touch up, it's really not that much work. the average set of games remastered in hd generally cost $40, look at ico and shadow of the colossus.. $40 on release, god of war hd collection.. $40 on release.. devil may cry hd collection.. $40 on release.

actual you do not understand how hd collections work either the only games that would get touched up is x7 and x8 the others all would just get black lines and be sd
---
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine us version name maelxich
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine Japanese version name maelxich
#8n00bsaib0tPosted 12/17/2012 8:30:17 AM
And those collections have what, 3 games in them? The DBZ Budokai HD Collection has two games in it, its also $40.

Look at the budget to port MvC2 with graphics simply touched up to not look horrible in HD, which Svensson said on Unity those projects hit the 7 figure mark very quick (although he never gave a final number). Thats just one game.

You want all 10 main Mega Man games done this way for $40? And all 8 main X games for that same price? Its not that cheap.

The Legends Collection is a great idea, but the others won't ever happen.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#9w00dm4nPosted 12/17/2012 8:56:23 AM
Between the 3DS/Wii/Wii U you can have most of the Megaman games.

Maverick Hunter X and Powered Up on Xbla/Psn/eShop would be really nice though
#10xdifferentxPosted 12/17/2012 8:58:47 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
And those collections have what, 3 games in them? The DBZ Budokai HD Collection has two games in it, its also $40.

Look at the budget to port MvC2 with graphics simply touched up to not look horrible in HD, which Svensson said on Unity those projects hit the 7 figure mark very quick (although he never gave a final number). Thats just one game.

You want all 10 main Mega Man games done this way for $40? And all 8 main X games for that same price? Its not that cheap.

The Legends Collection is a great idea, but the others won't ever happen.

well considering the ones on the NES are 20-25 years old, i don't expect to pay $10 a game... and let's be honest, they are pretty short on content, they take what, 60-90mins each to beat? same goes for most of the x games. the only ones I'd see being slightly more work would be the x7 and x8.

Might be better to just rerelease the anniversary collection in hd and just put x7 and x8 on the PSN as PS2 classics, same goes for the mega man anniversary collection and just have 7 and 8 on the store as well, although mm7 was a SNES game so i'm not sure how that would work.