Can't get my 360 controller to connect to this game

#1papermarkisPosted 12/17/2012 7:35:44 AM
According to the readme file it's supposed to just detect it automatically but it doesn't and when I push the Xbox guide button or start it turns on my 360 despite the fact it's plugged into my computer. I download the drivers and the files off of the windows website and even looked at the usb controller settings in my control panel and nothing seems to work. The computer recognizes something gets plugged in when I put the USB in but so far that seems to be the only thing that recognizes the controller.
#2n00bsaib0tPosted 12/17/2012 7:40:01 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/693507-street-fighter-x-mega-man/64938603
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#3Dave_is_my_namePosted 12/17/2012 8:47:59 AM
Thanks for linking to a thread that answers a different question and is therefore not helpful.

I am having the same problem, controller will not be recognized by the game. When I try to switch in game via F1, I get a buzzer noise (as in 'no good')

I am using a wireless 360 controller, and it works for every other game.

Whats the deal?
#4SiriusPosted 12/17/2012 8:53:40 AM
I don't know.

I just plugged in a random 3rd party Famicom-styled controller I bought at a pawn shop some years ago, and it works fine.
---
You'll laugh, you'll cry and you will never want to go to sleep again. --jollzoffire about Dragon Quest VII
#5n00bsaib0tPosted 12/17/2012 8:56:14 AM
The thread I linked gives an alternate solution to your problem, but sure, go ahead and be an ass about me linking you to something that might help you use your controller.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#6Dave_is_my_namePosted 12/17/2012 9:00:16 AM(edited)
I do not want to install any third party software on my computer that I have no use for outside of one game, so no, your alternate solution is of no help either.

The press release for the game said controller support was in the game, the wireless 360 controller is, I would assume, one of the more popular controllers available for PCs.

Therefore there should be no issue.
#7n00bsaib0tPosted 12/17/2012 9:04:00 AM
The press release also said nothing about the game refusing to accept input from the keyboard with certain game pads plugged in. Your lack of wanting to install xpadder doesn't mean that my method doesn't work.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific