just finished the game, my thoughts

#1xdifferentxPosted 12/17/2012 8:11:56 AM
1: Stages too easy/short but most of them looked really good.

2: Some bosses feel less about strategy and more RNG. Example: Vega... and when Ryu does like 10 Spin Kicks in a row..

3: Music is just meh.

4: Disappointed at abilities.. (L. Kick doh)

5: The new enemies are great.

:6 No save/password feature means you must dedicate yourself to a full playthrough.

Overall, it's not up to the standard of the classes but for it's price it's a welcome addition...
#2N00bGamerIsN00bPosted 12/17/2012 8:47:29 AM
It's fan made so i guess we can't complain...
#3smallpoxxPosted 12/17/2012 8:53:21 AM
No saves.... That's just not acceptable. I expected save states atleast.
---
Don't quote me, you'll get ToS'd
www.facebook.com/Jewsquabble
#4The Top CrusaderPosted 12/17/2012 9:28:16 AM
It really is odd that you can't save. I'm sure I'll get around to playing through eventually but I rarely have much time all at once to play something. I suppose I can leave it running and come back to it, though.
---
----
-----
#5quittaboi78Posted 12/17/2012 9:35:11 AM
smallpoxx posted...
No saves.... That's just not acceptable.

It's really unfortunate that people are spoiled by modern games and Steam, because asking for saving in this game is a lot like asking for a save feature for the first three or four worlds of Super Mario Bros. for NES. The stages in this game are probably the shortest the Mega Man series has ever had, and outside of a few gimmicks here and there the game is primarily centered around the boss battles (and honestly it probably should have been the only focus). It's like the controller issue - it's right there in the Readme, kids.
---
Whoever started using the word "canon" in this context, anyway?
I hear it all the time now, and I'd like to slap him. - Green Gibbon!
#6Dark_ResonancePosted 12/17/2012 9:38:44 AM
quittaboi78 posted...
...asking for saving in this game is a lot like asking for a save feature for the first three or four worlds of Super Mario Bros. for NES. The stages in this game are probably the shortest the Mega Man series has ever had, and outside of a few gimmicks here and there the game is primarily centered around the boss battles...

qft
#7jake-sfPosted 12/17/2012 9:43:48 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#8smallpoxxPosted 12/17/2012 10:13:22 AM
quittaboi78 posted...
smallpoxx posted...

It's really unfortunate that people are spoiled by modern games and Steam, because asking for saving in this game is a lot like asking for a save feature for the first three or four worlds of Super Mario Bros. for NES. The stages in this game are probably the shortest the Mega Man series has ever had, and outside of a few gimmicks here and there the game is primarily centered around the boss battles (and honestly it probably should have been the only focus). It's like the controller issue - it's right there in the Readme, kids.

I have been playing mega man since 1991 and find this post highly offensive.
---
Don't quote me, you'll get ToS'd
www.facebook.com/Jewsquabble
#9KageTenshi55Posted 12/17/2012 10:23:20 AM
quittaboi78 posted...
smallpoxx posted...

MegaMan 1 had no saves or passwords but the stages were very enjoyable and never bland.

MegaMan 2-7 had passwords.
This game should have included passwords.
#10GaboadoPosted 12/17/2012 10:26:09 AM
No saves is ok, but password exist since 2 and became part of megaman games. Even in NES days I hated games without password. ( one of the reasons I like megaman more than mario )