Stages seem somewhat bland IMO

#1anonymous4everPosted 12/17/2012 5:49:07 PM
Especially after playing MM9 and 10 recently, or any of the previous games in the series.

The bosses are cool and are actually a nice change of pace, but the levels just seem kind of ....meh.
#2HeyWheresKelPosted 12/17/2012 5:50:02 PM
Well you know what? You seem somewhat bland. Jesus.

The game is free. Who the hell complains about free s***?
---
"I see the way you look at him. I'm a man too, ya know? I go pee pee standing up!"
#3xtreemmasheen3k2Posted 12/17/2012 5:53:18 PM(edited)

Something being free does not make it immune to criticism.
---
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/dabom88
My ignore list: bit.ly/Zw9Rio Add them to yours as well and help starve the trolls.
#4Dark_SilverXPosted 12/17/2012 5:52:43 PM
I agree. They seem too easy and they are short.
---
Carmine is a beast. No matter how many times he dies.
http://i.imgur.com/FrZIT.jpg
#5GlickWickPosted 12/17/2012 5:52:48 PM
Some of the stages are a little boring. However, there are some pretty solid ones too. Rolento's is great (the boss is really cool too), Rose's isnt' bad, the fleeing mechanic in Viper's is great.

The fight against Boxer is really cool for an indie game as well. Claw's stage isn't as good, but pretty clever nonetheless.

Blanka, Chun Li, and Dhalsim's stages are really junk though, I'll give you that.
#6politan1991Posted 12/17/2012 5:53:46 PM
C'mon dude it's fan made. give the background designer some slack. capcom's only part in it is to advertise it.

they didn't make the game they only produced it. I swear alot of ppl are thinking that capcom made it, but in reality, it's actually an independent project.
#7fortePosted 12/17/2012 5:54:42 PM
Yeah the stages are a bit bland, but the bosses are some of the best in Classic Megaman history. Too bad it was not more rounded...IE; stages as good as the bosses :(

Seriously if this game had Bass and Protoman, as well as better thought out stages with better variety of enemies, it would be my favorite next to Rockman and Forte.

It also needs a save feature
#8anonymous4ever(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2012 6:07:01 PM(edited)
HeyWheresKel posted...

Free game or not, why should it be immune to criticism? It will only help the designer create better future projects.

I doubt he reads these boards, but who knows.
#9Spike21Posted 12/17/2012 6:29:30 PM
While I appreciate the game, I agree with the TC. Considering Capcom helped fund and did QA, you think they could have gave the guy some pointers.

The stages are pretty bland, and enemy variety is really lacking.

If the guy released this independently I would applaud him. Considering he had Capcoms assistance, and the Capcom logo is coming up at the start of the game, it's a completely unacceptable Megaman game.

I'm a little disappointed, just my two cents. Sorry.
---
3DS FC - 2191-7909-4186
Serenity now, insanity later.
#10ClaudeLv250Posted 12/17/2012 7:01:29 PM
Stages range from being long but not as engaging (Blanka, Chun Li) to being short and ending right when they start getting good (Rolento, Viper).
---
Once you go Claude, everything else is a Fraud.