How to Genei-Jin and Hadouken (without beating Ryu).

#1SpootzPosted 12/17/2012 7:08:18 PM
Ok. I figured it out!

First, you must enter a code at the "Press Start" screen. This will give the Mega Buster a weapon meter.

Code: At the "Press Start" screen, hold Shoot and Jump for about 6 seconds. There will be a chime to let you know that this worked.

Hadouken: Once you have entered the code, press (down, forward+Shoot). You can charge the Hadouken for a Red Hadouken.

Genei-Jin: Once you have entered the code, press Shoot+Swap1. This activates Genei-Jin, which uses the Mega Buster's weapon meter. I am not sure you can deactivate the Genei-Jin; just run out of meter or die.

So, this is what I know. I really wonder if there are other hidden moves in this mode.
---
Live: Spootz
PSN: SPTwhte
#2FFandMMfanPosted 12/17/2012 7:34:06 PM
I thought this was going to be a troll. But no, it worked! XD
Actually, I'm pretty sure that this is not Genei-Jin, but Sei'ei Enbu, Yang's super. In fact, Rose does this same thing in the Alpha games.
Geez, this game has so many neat little cheats. How did you find this out?
---
http://myanimelist.net/profile/FFandMMfan
I'm gonna tear it apart and rebuild it twice as good! I-I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass! - Kanji Tatsumi
#3Spootz(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2012 7:40:09 PM
It is indeed Sei'ei Enbu, but I figured most people wouldn't recognize the name of that move. People recognize Genei-Jin though (and it looks like it even if it doesn't work the same way).

I figured it out through dumb luck. I was starting up the game when my wife called, so I alt-tabbed the game (apparently while I was hitting Shoot+Jump) at the press start screen. I heard the chime even though the game wasn't maxed. So, this told me that it had to do with the Press Start screen. I figured it had to do with either waiting or holding a button, which led me to try holding every combination of button I could think of. Then I just had to figure out how to do Genei-Jin (hadouken was obvious). So, I pressed buttons randomly. YAY!
---
Live: Spootz
PSN: SPTwhte
#4KonataruhiistPosted 12/18/2012 2:37:59 AM
wow thats aweomse
---
My newest piano cover: Nyan Cat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO-3x1SXdSE
#5KonataruhiistPosted 12/18/2012 2:38:39 AM
The hadouken is a little difficult to pull off though.. and I play SFIV regularly
---
My newest piano cover: Nyan Cat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO-3x1SXdSE
#6n00bsaib0tPosted 12/18/2012 2:46:44 AM
The hadouken is a little difficult to pull off though.. and I play SFIV regularly

All the special moves are easier in SF4. I haven't tried this yet, but it probably uses similar timing to the MMX Hadoken which was similar in timing to the Alpha games.

Also, not sure if TC actually figured this out or just read the codes/cheats/etc thread.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#7ShibiscuitPosted 12/18/2012 2:51:43 AM
Wait, I can't seem to get the other two codes to work (Hadouken and G); what's supposed to happen?
---
Chivalry is what women call the convenient side of double standards.
#8k_gokuPosted 12/18/2012 6:20:02 AM
Shibiscuit posted...
Wait, I can't seem to get the other two codes to work (Hadouken and G); what's supposed to happen?

The other two arenīt codes. You have to do them during gameplay to perform the moves.
#9Onizuka3000Posted 12/18/2012 7:50:45 AM
I've entered the code so I have the bar next to my life bar, I'm able to do the fireball motion and throw the charged hadouken, but I can't get the Genei-Jin to work.

I'm in Chun Li's stage, I press shoot and swapweapon (on keyboard the letters 'K' and 'I') but Genei wont work. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
#10Noonan_257Posted 12/18/2012 7:52:16 AM
Onizuka3000 posted...
I've entered the code so I have the bar next to my life bar, I'm able to do the fireball motion and throw the charged hadouken, but I can't get the Genei-Jin to work.

I'm in Chun Li's stage, I press shoot and swapweapon (on keyboard the letters 'K' and 'I') but Genei wont work. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

For the default, I activated Seiei Enbu with K + O.
---
PSN: RedDoomYak
The onus of proof is on the accuser, not the one questioning the claims.