Tips/Tricks/Codes/Easter Eggs

#41HeyWheresKelPosted 12/24/2012 12:29:37 AM
politan1991 posted...
Just make sure you enable the code. That's holding shoot and jump for 6 seconds at the title screen. and just mash the shoot and swap 1 buttons. trust me it doesn't work 100% of the time for me. but just keep trying. i guess the timing of pressing both button has to be perfect.

As for the random appearing e-tanks. yeah those are glitches. Im kinda jealous seeing other ppls play through cuz my game doesn't have any glitches :( I wanted extra e-tanks!

So you're saying you have to enter the Hadoken code first before you can enable the other code?
---
"I see the way you look at him. I'm a man too, ya know? I go pee pee standing up!"
#42politan1991(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2012 12:48:15 AM
The Hadoken code and the Custom Combo codes are the same thing. if you enable the code you get both abilities.

just keep trying dude.
#43n00bsaib0tPosted 12/24/2012 1:02:00 AM
Just make sure you enable the code. That's holding shoot and jump for 6 seconds at the title screen. and just mash the shoot and swap 1 buttons. trust me it doesn't work 100% of the time for me. but just keep trying. i guess the timing of pressing both button has to be perfect.

As for the random appearing e-tanks. yeah those are glitches. Im kinda jealous seeing other ppls play through cuz my game doesn't have any glitches :( I wanted extra e-tanks!

Based on what chtma is saying, they aren't extra. If you skip an e-tank it will be in the next stage in the what the game considers to be the same location.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#44HeyWheresKelPosted 12/24/2012 1:02:48 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#45HeyWheresKelPosted 12/24/2012 1:10:01 AM
Ohhh. I see now. You activate the Hadoken code in the title screen. But you have to activate the Shadow thing when you're actually in a stage. Makes sense now. I thought you had to activate both codes in the title screen.
---
"I see the way you look at him. I'm a man too, ya know? I go pee pee standing up!"
#46macheezmo128Posted 12/27/2012 9:26:59 PM
it turns out that Akuma does have a weakness. E-Tanks. Seriously. It drops his invulnerability time down to almost nothing so multi-hitting weapons (Optic Laser) do massive damage. This effect resets when he teleports or does Raging Demon though.

http://www.twitch.tv/brooks2000/b/350192421?t=4h17m10s
#47joseph_swPosted 1/6/2013 11:31:43 AM
When Dhalsim use his Yoga Inferno, counter with Aegis Reflector if you have it,
The reflector works awesome-ly in that situation.
---
Mwha ha ha ha ha
#48KamisamanoOtakuPosted 1/6/2013 10:43:48 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Akuma doesn't have a weakness, but use optic laser until it runs out then switch to buster, or if you wanna get technical use the aegis reflector on his projectiles.

Shankensu Hadoken does extra damage and will go through his fireballs instead of neutralizing.

Also I found Blanka to be impossible to fight with the Yoga Inferno. Yeah, it did more damage so its his weakness but it leaves you unable to move when you fire it.

As for Ryu, people say he just does Hadokens all day, I've even seen it in videos, but every time I fight him its a 10 minute battle of whiffed SRKs and tatsus with an occasional Hadoken and he usually tatsus over it by the time it reflects. The RNG hates me.

It takes some learning to really make the Yoga Inferno work against Blanka. Once you get it, its nice, but only when Blanka cooperates will it be better.

Ryu is regularly strong when I fight him. Whatever determines how fighters attack, it is pretty variable. Basically, every fighter seems to have a "stupid" setting and a "genius" setting, and at least one setting in between.

Dhalsim on "stupid" stands there doing the Yoga Flame even as you spam Optic Lasers at him (hurting him while protecting you), with neither of you ever moving from where you start the stage. "Genius" Dhalsim will bait out the Optic Laser by mixing up his teleports, including teleporting near you, punching, then teleporting away without even landing on the floor! @_@

Question though; while I can slide under attacks like Chun Li's Spinning Bird Kick, I can't do so with Ryu's Hurricane Kick. Is it just my timing, or are the people saying it mistaken?
---
I like pie.