Game difficulty / sadistic?

#1NeninaPosted 12/18/2012 8:41:17 AM
The first Mega Man game I ever played was Mega Man 2. The one with Air Man, Metal Man, Wood Man, etc. What I remember was that the levels were cruel. The only reason I finished the game was because I kept at it and memorized all the problem spots.

There was one level that put you over an instakill pit and the only thing keeping you up were these single blocks that appear and disappear. And then the spikes in the Bubble Man stage and getting knock off screen in the Air Man stage.

So, my question:
Since this is fan-made, how insane did they go with the cruelty? I saw the video on the official site and it looks scary. And I know that some games are better with a controller.
#2george43Posted 12/18/2012 8:45:36 AM(edited)
Mega Man 2 was easy.

This game is hard. Or is because my stupid gamepad can only seem to use the analog stick and not dpad....don't know how many times I have accidentally slid into spikes.
#3BigWilliePlaysPosted 12/18/2012 8:43:57 AM
It's about on par with the classics. The bosses might be a bit tougher for less skilled players, but it isn't insane by any means.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/EpicNameBro
better to offer help to a troll than turn away a noob - PHoToS999
#4sdatPosted 12/18/2012 8:45:42 AM
The bosses are harder than usual in classic Mega Man, but the levels are much easier.
#5Hojo_InversePosted 12/18/2012 8:53:29 AM
Somewhere around MM4-MM6 level of hardness.
The bosses have more complex patterns than the average MM boss, but as said before, levels themselves are easy, there aren't much death traps or anything, there's very little pits and I don't think I saw spikes outside of Blanka's stage.
#6sdatPosted 12/18/2012 8:55:55 AM
Hojo_Inverse posted...
Somewhere around MM4-MM6 level of hardness.
The bosses have more complex patterns than the average MM boss, but as said before, levels themselves are easy, there aren't much death traps or anything, there's very little pits and I don't think I saw spikes outside of Blanka's stage.

I actually had a spike death in Urien's stage when I misjudged when a platform was going to fall.
#7MegagunstarmanPosted 12/18/2012 8:56:04 AM
Other than Akuma, the game is cake.
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#8Nenina(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2012 8:56:59 AM
Oh, okay. I think I'll download it! Bosses I think I can deal with, as long as they don't bring you to the beginning of the level if you die, which they didn't in Mega Man 2.
#9Ruppe21Posted 12/18/2012 9:59:12 AM
The levels are very easy but the bosses are indeed sadistic,haven't beaten a single one yet.
#10super hotshot bowserPosted 12/18/2012 10:01:14 AM
george43 posted...
Mega Man 2 was easy.

This game is hard. Or is because my stupid gamepad can only seem to use the analog stick and not dpad....don't know how many times I have accidentally slid into spikes.

Use DS3 tool and select D-Pad only. I'm not sure how well it works for other controllers, but it definitely works for my PS3 controller.
---
GT/PSN = KeronSHB
Official Hatchiyack of the DBRB2 360 Boards