Any secrets on how to save progress?

#11Aaron_GPosted 12/24/2012 12:37:29 PM
Neo_Rizer posted...
It takes like an hour to get to the final 4 bosses, on a first play through. 5 hours? Are you kidding?

TWO hours tops to complete the whole game and that's with a lot of suck-age going on...like repeating a few stages twice. The boss order is somewhere in the forums if you really wanna blitz it fast.

You must be new...

And no, there's no Konami code buddy, it's supposed to be an old school homage... There were no save points in action games back in the 80's and early 90's. Get over it. You can't even change the controls so why would there be a "secret save system"?

LOL Is this a joke topic? Like really...?

Jokes on you, because this game supports PS3/360 controllers! So I play this game in comfort with my PS3 controller. :D
---
PSN: Aaron_G__
#12Nintendo guyPosted 12/24/2012 12:46:08 PM
Neo_Rizer posted...
It takes like an hour to get to the final 4 bosses, on a first play through. 5 hours? Are you kidding?

TWO hours tops to complete the whole game and that's with a lot of suck-age going on...like repeating a few stages twice. The boss order is somewhere in the forums if you really wanna blitz it fast.

You must be new...

And no, there's no Konami code buddy, it's supposed to be an old school homage... There were no save points in action games back in the 80's and early 90's. Get over it. You can't even change the controls so why would there be a "secret save system"?

Someone got pretty butthurt.

Also I'm calling you didn't actually play the old MM games since you seem to have missed the part where MM2 had passwords.
#13KeranikPosted 12/24/2012 1:04:43 PM
If you keep playing in short bouts, you'll eventually get better and can complete the game in under an hour. It won't happen the first time, but that's how Mega Man games are.

This... when you start to memorize the levels and can avoid large errors the game is actually quite short.
#14KamisamanoOtakuPosted 12/24/2012 1:11:31 PM
As this thread is still up and running, just curious if knuxnole has any issues with how the game runs.

It takes me 2-3 hours to beat, but that's because of not only control lag but control "freeze" in sections. So suddenly inputting commands freezes, not only locking me out but forcing Mega Man to keep doing what he is doing. Really bad in Rose's Stage and Dhalsim's, including the boss fights. Plenty of time lost as Mega Man gleefully runs through enemy after enemy before falling into a pit, or runs in the corner while the boss just keeps attacking.
---
I like pie.
#15Dark_SilverXPosted 12/24/2012 2:40:52 PM
i beat this game in 35 minutes

get on mah level
---
Carmine is a beast. No matter how many times he dies.
http://i.imgur.com/FrZIT.jpg
#16knuxnole(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2012 4:37:06 PM
KamisamanoOtaku posted...
As this thread is still up and running, just curious if knuxnole has any issues with how the game runs.

It takes me 2-3 hours to beat, but that's because of not only control lag but control "freeze" in sections. So suddenly inputting commands freezes, not only locking me out but forcing Mega Man to keep doing what he is doing. Really bad in Rose's Stage and Dhalsim's, including the boss fights. Plenty of time lost as Mega Man gleefully runs through enemy after enemy before falling into a pit, or runs in the corner while the boss just keeps attacking.

The game runs pretty smoothly, which is surprising, and very nice

*thumbs up*
---
3DS FC: 4554-0309-4782
#17Wario_manPosted 12/25/2012 3:52:36 AM
It annoys me that every Mega Man game now has to be an old-school homage. It is like all the progress they made through the years just didn't happen and now they can make a game on a floppy-disc and say "We made a Mega Man game! It is just like the old ones, really!" like that is supposed to tide us over.
---
If they won't sell it to you, it isn't piracy.
#18n00bsaib0tPosted 12/25/2012 5:15:24 AM
Neo_Rizer posted...

You must be new...

MM2-7 had passwords to pick up right where you left off.

You can change the controls. Apparently you're too good to look at a README or even pause the damn game as both tell you how to configure the controls. Pro tip, pause the game and press F2.

Also you can't really put "no Konami code" and "old school homage" in the same sentence, Contra is old school and was the first appearance of the Konami code.

I'm 27. I've been gaming since I was 4, I know all about old school games and the NES. I know there were codes and passwords in a lot of games. I also know that its 2012 and its absurd not to include basic functions in your games. Mega Man has had a save function since 1996 when Mega Man 8 came out. Even the Complete Works series released in 1999 let you save as well as using passwords, so did Anniversary Collection in 2004. You're just being an elitist for the sake of being an elitist, the game only stands to be better, more complete, by offering basic functions like saving your progress.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#19JonThePenguinPosted 12/25/2012 4:58:29 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Also you can't really put "no Konami code" and "old school homage" in the same sentence, Contra is old school and was the first appearance of the Konami code.

Gradius, actually, but Contra was the more famous use of it.
---
JonthePenguin
http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=erunion