How would you do a sequal to SFxMM?

#1wdcain2Posted 12/22/2012 11:10:27 PM
If you were in charge of making a sequel to this game, what would you do? Which bosses would you pick and what special weapons would Megaman receive? What would you do differently?

My list of 'Robot Masters'
1) Eagle - MM would get a spin attack just like Top Man's but it would be over-powered.
2) Cody - MM would get Criminal Upper but it would work just like Air Man's weapon.
3) Ingrid - Her Sun Blade move would be like Slash Man's.
4) Guile - Sonic Boom, baby! What else would it be?
5) Necro - Electric Shield, MM gets a lightning shield just like Wood Man's Leaf Shield.
6) Ibuki - Ninja blade just like Shadow Man's.
7) Oro - Yagyo Odama! It would be chargable just like Flame Man's weapon.
8) Hakan - Oil Slide, MM would slide like normal but it would damage enemies he hits.

Final Bosses
1) Sagat - Just a bigger, badder Ryu with a high and low fireballs.
2) Twelve - He changes into any boss and use their weapons like the MM clone from 3.
3) Juri - Pretty simple to do I think.
4) Seth - Change Dhalsim's sprite, add a Shoryuken and Sonic Boom and it's get Seth.
5) Gill - 2 forms, after he's beaten the first time, he uses Resurrection and gets tougher.
Bonus Boss) Oni Akuma!

Differences I would make.
1) Add a password system.
2) Replace Rush with Ibuki's ninja pet Don and have him do all of Rush's tricks.
3) Expand the story. It opens up with Gill brainwashing all the SF crew and ends with MM saving them. The SF crew show up to thank him but Dr. Wily attacks. The SF cast tell MM to have the day off. They'll handle Wily! Then we get clips of all the SF crew beating up past Robot Masters and arresting Wily! Oh yeah!

I like my ideas. What are yours? Who would you pick as the robot masters? Which of their attacks would MM receive? Who would be the final bosses?
#2WindMouseHanpanPosted 12/23/2012 12:15:17 AM
Would you kindly go make this?
---
Made a new channel, come see my let's plays if you want~!
http://www.youtube.com/user/themorphingfennecfox
#3GreatTroySenseiPosted 12/23/2012 1:43:13 AM(edited)
[worthless opinion] Ingrid isn't a real SF character, and she's a horrible Athena knockoff,. Dunno why the internet likes her. [/worthless opinion]

With that said, replace Ingrid / Eagle with Yun and Zangief, and you've got an awesome game.

Rock could still get lariat spin from Gief, but it'd also be fun to have a meaty, shake the screen type boss character. Gief would move slowly but occasionally close in with banish hand, and SPD you for massive damage unless you avoid it.

Meanwhile, he'd get dive kick from Yun - could be used to bounce off of aerial enemies and reach higher platforms.

BONUS: Both of these guys have awesome themes to be remixed all 8-bit style.
---
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.
#4GreatTroySenseiPosted 12/23/2012 2:00:40 AM
More ideas -

- Don unlocks with Ibuki's defeat, ala the Rush weapons early on.
- Extra playable characters: Protoman and Bass.
- Secret playable character: Ryu [beat the game once.] He could shoot hadoukens, charge for shakunetsu, up+shot for shoryuken and slide for tatsumaki. His game seems easier, but he collects no boss weapons, upping the challenge later on.
- Secret boss: Cyber-Dan. You know you want it.
---
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.
#5n00bsaib0tPosted 12/23/2012 2:11:42 AM
I'm fine with your ideas as long as the A-team makes it and not the Z-team that made SFxMM. The game needs far less glitches and better programming over all, and the little touches need to be there.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#6k_gokuPosted 12/23/2012 2:15:55 AM
GreatTroySensei posted...
More ideas -

- Don unlocks with Ibuki's defeat, ala the Rush weapons early on.
- Extra playable characters: Protoman and Bass.
- Secret playable character: Ryu [beat the game once.] He could shoot hadoukens, charge for shakunetsu, up+shot for shoryuken and slide for tatsumaki. His game seems easier, but he collects no boss weapons, upping the challenge later on.
- Secret boss: Cyber-Dan. You know you want it.

Awesome.
#7John_DanePosted 12/23/2012 3:20:59 AM
I'd like bosses to do more than just spam moves randomly. I'd like them to have actual algorithms and patterns they follow, like in many other Mega Man games.
#8n00bsaib0tPosted 12/23/2012 4:13:37 AM
I'd like bosses to do more than just spam moves randomly. I'd like them to have actual algorithms and patterns they follow, like in many other Mega Man games.

I think the randomness is done because fighting game players (that are worth a damn) don't follow an algorithm.

And the randomness is better than the exploitable crap from the past in some ways, unless you think beating Jewel Man in under 3 seconds because he jumps when you do, and will do a full jump even when you only hop is better than random actions.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#9John_DanePosted 12/23/2012 4:58:09 AM
I'd still prefer bosses with patterns. Come at me bro.
#10MageggPosted 12/23/2012 7:08:42 AM(edited)
Good ideas, dude. Seriously there are many ways to make sequels for the franchise.

I would go further by:

- Making Mega Man perform the animations for every special move (for example, making the moves with making a Sonic Boom).

- Maybe making Mega Man able to perform the attacks with the actual commands too (for example, you move Mega Man with the D-pad, but perform the special moves with the stick).

- Why not multiple special moves for every character? I remember there's a Kirby Game (Kirby Super Star) where you could perform different attacks with different commands xD Maybe giving Mega Man a Punch (Buster) and a Kick (Slide) Button?

- Giving him the ability of charging his weapons up to perform a Super move, a-la-Mega Man X.

- I just thought of this, you could collect between different Grooves/ISMs, that give you special abilities, for example if you pick the III ISM, you can perform parries to the enemies projectiles, if you pick Alpha you can enter into a Custom Combo stage (more or less like the special ability from this game when you multiply), if you pick IV you can perform Focus Attacks, I don't know.