You know what MMU should've been?

#1GreatTroySenseiPosted 12/23/2012 2:33:24 AM
A classic series creator, released on XBLA / PSN. They could've had templated sprites and weapon behavior patterns for boss masters, template stage pieces, and it could've been a 'make your own Rockman' kit.

Basically what it was, save for the wonky LBP-alike graphical design, which seemed to turn a lot of people off and likely cost a lot more than just including oldschool tilesets that could be exported and imported via USB. I feel like it was cancelled because of a combination of lack of interest with cost of dev.... they could shaved off 99% of the dev costs if it was graphically minimalistic.

Hell, I'd pay retail for what I'm describing.
---
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.
#2n00bsaib0tPosted 12/23/2012 5:17:47 AM
The level creator along with the rest of MMPU wasn't enough to sell, so I doubt a game based on creating your own levels will perform well.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#3GreatTroySensei(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2012 11:10:16 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
The level creator along with the rest of MMPU wasn't enough to sell, so I doubt a game based on creating your own levels will perform well.

MMPU was awesome. That said? It also failed due to graphical style. So cute. Like... Hello Kitty levels of cute. That doesn't fly stateside.
---
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.
#4Darkwing EXEPosted 12/23/2012 2:27:47 PM
GreatTroySensei posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...

MMPU was awesome. That said? It also failed due to graphical style. So cute. Like... Hello Kitty levels of cute. That doesn't fly stateside.

^ And that's on top of the fact is was on the PSP during it's early, unloved years.
---
"That's the way it works. I, the star, take a beating; then muster uncommon strength, and win." -Haze Shenron
www.rockman-dash.com/1125.jpg
#5The_CPoCPosted 12/23/2012 4:21:36 PM
Darkwing EXE posted...
GreatTroySensei posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...

^ And that's on top of the fact is was on the PSP during it's early, unloved years.

I think that was the biggest reason, because Mega Man Maverick Hunter X was all hardcore and crap (the kind of thing that DOES fly stateside), yet it sold poorly as well. But, then, you should know that both these games sold poorly not only in the U.S., but in Japan as well. It had little to do with anything within the games themselves and almost everything to do with when they were initially released.
---
Official Adam Warlock of the Marvel vs Capcom 3 boards
#6n00bsaib0tPosted 12/23/2012 5:14:06 PM
I don't know why it didn't sale, I just know it didn't.

That said, we need both MMPU and MMMHX ported to consoles. I had them back when I had a PSP and they were amazing.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#7GreatTroySensei(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2012 9:23:28 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...

That said, we need both MMPU and MMMHX ported to consoles. I had them back when I had a PSP and they were amazing.

What makes me so sad is that Inafune fully planned on continuing both series. We would've had MMPU like... 1 - 5 or 6 by now, and at the very least MHX 1 - 3.

I want to take a magical train to that place.
---
#8Mugen_WingPosted 12/24/2012 7:11:56 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9n00bsaib0tPosted 12/24/2012 7:29:12 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...

Maybe because it was on a system that wasn't really doing well at the time? Just my two cents, game probably would've sold better had they waited a bit.

Yeah, that didn't require a response, that was me responding to people telling me exactly what you said. Its amazing that you could manage to read the thread and still think it was necessary to say this again.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
#10Mugen_WingPosted 12/24/2012 7:44:43 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]