Is it just me, or the Boss works like Mega Man X5-X6?

#1superechoPosted 12/23/2012 9:30:06 AM
Hey folks! Great game this is, eh?
The no save/load/password is a pain, no respawn E-Tanks, and there's some minor glitches...
But this is how the cancelled Mega Man games minimally should've been =3

Anyway, I have a problem here.
The first Boss I fought is Ryu. His Hurricane Kick is slow as hell, and I beaten him with Perfect w/o E-tank using only Mega Buster, easy.
Then I went for a couple hours and reached the re-match stage (Final Stage 3).

Considering him very easy, I re-fight Ryu first and...
WTF!? His hurricane kick is so damn fast!!
Not only that, but after each Hurricane Kick, he does it again to opposite direction almost instantly!! He fires his Hadoken 3x faster than before, too!
...And so I was taken out by surprise, and had to rely on Aegis Reflector to win.
Even with that, he's still uber hard. Damn XO

Isn't this how X5-X6 worked? the first boss is Level 1, but the next is 2, 3, 4...
I was surprised since I'm not expecting it in this classic style MM game.
Maybe if I'm doing another order of Bosses, same thing will happen to re-matches and bosses I fought in later order?
(My last boss of the 8 is C. Viper, and she's hard!)

This stuff happened to you guys as well? Let's share our stories :D
#2RidleysShadowPosted 12/23/2012 9:40:12 AM
honestly I think Ryu is just ridiculously random. his hurricane kick has two speeds which he will randomly decide to go at, you'll likely see them both in the same fight after a while. i've had really good ryu fights and really bad ones, but I don't think there's actually any boss levels.
---
PSN: DRMOGUERA XBL: DocFishopolis
#3NessEggmanPosted 12/23/2012 3:42:23 PM
X5 boss level was a little more complicated than just 1, 2, 3, 4... it depended on how many turns had passed and stuff, too, I think. X6 I think had a glitch so all boss was the same level even though they were supposed to level up? I don't remember.

But I don't think this game is like that... like it was said, I think it's just really random so sometimes you don't end up seeing both the fast and slow version.
---
https://gamingandthinking.blogspot.com/
#4Damien 5000Posted 12/23/2012 3:59:08 PM
I forgot bosses had levels in X5. I recall X5 being one of the easiest, though.
---
Everything feels better fresh out of the dryer. Even death would be nicer if it was dryer fresh.
-UnitOmega010
#5superecho(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 10:18:57 PM
Just random? Seriously? Maann...
But yeah, X5-6 has levels. And I forgot that for X5 it's more dependent on the hours you have left (cue the infection level).
I think X6 is a lot easier though. Skiver in X5 was easy, but his flying attack scares me a lot.
Maybe I'll find out more if I replay this game a few more times.

One question: is anyone who have fought C. Viper first found her to be easy?
#6n00bsaib0tPosted 12/27/2012 11:10:47 AM
Skiver in X5 was easy, but his flying attack scares me a lot.

You must not have ever played the original Mega Man X if Storm Eagle mkII scares you.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#7superecho(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 8:21:19 AM
Hey, I did! I beaten X1 twice, even! Years ago! XO
Storm Eagle was a pansy compared to Skiver, you know.
I had no problem beating him with X Buster only.
But just because Skiver has that 'knock you to edge of screen' flying attack.

For the rest, they're about the same in terms of flying boss.
#8KamisamanoOtakuPosted 12/28/2012 8:56:51 AM
All the bosses can vary greatly in difficulty, even the first time you face them.

Early strategies suggested starting with Ryu, but unless you get him in "stupid" mode (every fighter seems to have one), that doesn't work too well. The first several times I faced Ryu, he was stringing his moves together regularly, as you describe. Over time he finally started NOT being crazy hard to beat, but is still usually "hard". So far haven't been able to take him down with just the arm cannon, though a few times he has gotten a case of the "stupids" against the Aegis Shield (balanced out by the times he's trolled me and NEVER reflected a single Hadoken off of it without either Hurricane Kicking through it or canceling it out with a second Hadoken).

I am wondering if the bosses ARE supposed to learn, though; Blanka is almost always harder for me in the re-match.
---
I like pie.
#9n00bsaib0tPosted 12/28/2012 3:26:41 PM
Why do so many people have trouble with Ryu canceling out his own fireballs? You put aegis reflector as close to him as you can without hitting him with it.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#10superecho(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2012 5:20:17 AM
Exactly! Maybe I was just lucky that Ryu starts off weak in the beginning?
Blanka on the other hand, is easy as long as I have Inferno Flame.
Then again, maybe I'm also lucky for this one...