Is it just me, or the Boss works like Mega Man X5-X6?

#11n00bsaib0tPosted 12/30/2012 8:10:41 AM
I can't fight Blanka with Yoga Inferno to save my life <_<

Ryu is incredibly random. I tend to have the opposite luck you do though. The first time he's just Tatsus for 10 minutes and then in the rematch he only does fireballs and dies in about 10 seconds.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#12Darkyellow327Posted 12/31/2012 8:09:36 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...

Ryu is incredibly random. I tend to have the opposite luck you do though. The first time he's just Tatsus for 10 minutes and then in the rematch he only does fireballs and dies in about 10 seconds.

It's easier to fight Blanka with the Megabuster since it doesn't have like a 1.5 second period where you stand in place and I think it does 1 less damage fully charged.
---
Not changing my sig until Soulja Boy challenges me to a rap battle
#13KamisamanoOtakuPosted 12/31/2012 3:58:20 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Why do so many people have trouble with Ryu canceling out his own fireballs? You put aegis reflector as close to him as you can without hitting him with it.

n00bsaib0t posted...

You answered your own question. ;)

While there might be a "trigger" I just don't realize, Ryu has this nasty habit of just body crashing into the reflector or using Hurricane Kick to get around it anytime he is too close. Even if I don't have an Aegis Reflector going, getting close to him usually results in a fast Hurricane Kick. I am sure some of it is just due to my lack of skill (and playing on a keyboard), but it makes it hard to get close enough for him to spam himself with his own fireballs... and yet sometimes, he really does seem like he wants to lose, and will just spam fireballs, slow enough to not cancel them, into the reflector.

It took a while for me to get him to hit himself with his own super, because of his randomness (or prowess); he'd would normally cancel into something else (that is, tossing enough fireballs that they neutralize even the super or using a Hurricane kick to safely bypass things).

Oh, and using the Yoga Fire on Blanka requires a different approach than the buster. I thought it was a waste as well until I started to get it down. Main thing seems to be using it to also control your landings (from jumping) and cornering him if you can. It really fills his super meter, which if you're good at dealing with his Super is to your benefit.
---
I like pie.
#14superecho(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 1:03:35 AM
Too bad, n00bsaib0t! Then again, in the rematch I was freakin' tired already after beating Vega (took me 10 tries), so I think you're more lucky...

And like KamisamanoOtaku said, fighting Blanka with Yoga Inferno is easy, but you have to time it right. After he landed in the corner after using an attack, jump and fire Y. inferno for a sec to hit him, run, dodge his attack again, repeat.

Too bad MegaMan didn't have his own Super... Then again, that's now how he fights :)