Does Ryu actually have a weakness?

#11BulletproofMoonPosted 12/24/2012 9:38:44 PM
Although I'm sure if they were in the same game, Hard man would totally wreck Cut Man.
---
Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool!
#12n00bsaib0tPosted 12/24/2012 11:51:09 PM
Weaknesses aren't always just straightforward rock-paper-scissors paths in Megaman

See: 2 and 3

3 was so annoying when I was younger.

Top Man beats Shadow Man beats Spark Man beats Magnet Man beats Hard Man beats... TOP MAN!?

Then you have Snake Man beats Gemini Man beats Needle Man beats... SNAKE MAN!?

What the hell was wrong with Capcom when they set that one up? Luckily Snake Man has an easy pattern and Shadow Blade does 2 damage so you can make it quicker. Then you have Shadow Blade and Spark Shot doing the exact same amount of damage to Magnet Man, so he has two weaknesses, so if you don't know better on your first play through and you use Shadow Blade on Magnet Man then go to fight Spark Man you probably aren't going to think to use it again. The weakness order was just badly designed in general.

Then there is Mega Man 2 where everyone is weak to like 3 different weapons and Metal Man dies to his own weapon in 2 hits.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#13raoniluna2407Posted 12/25/2012 5:42:20 AM
Hadouken is Chun Li's weakness. Except for Gouki(Akuma) all bosses have a pretty straightfoward weakness since I only had to use one weapon to hit/kill them, even Balrog(Vega/Claw)
#14GothannPosted 12/25/2012 10:04:52 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...

What the hell was wrong with Capcom when they set that one up? Luckily Snake Man has an easy pattern and Shadow Blade does 2 damage so you can make it quicker. Then you have Shadow Blade and Spark Shot doing the exact same amount of damage to Magnet Man, so he has two weaknesses, so if you don't know better on your first play through and you use Shadow Blade on Magnet Man then go to fight Spark Man you probably aren't going to think to use it again. The weakness order was just badly designed in general.

Forces you to master beating two bosses with the Mega Buster. Then came the Doc Robots, which increased the game's size twofold.
---
Fair does not exist. Fair is a word from a world of happy fantasies.
#15KamisamanoOtakuPosted 12/25/2012 7:28:34 PM
WazzupGenius00 posted...
why does Aegis Reflector not count as his "actual" weakness? That's what you're supposed to use against him

To be fair, when Ryu is bringing his A game it isn't much of a Weakness. He'll rarely throw a fireball without throwing a slow one first (causing them to cancel after one reflects) or following up with a Hurricane Kick. I found out online before I finally, successfully hit him with his reflected Super Art.

Now, when the comp plays him as dumb as a brick, you'll lol as he just hits himself with his red Hadoken over and over again until he quickly KOs himself. @_@
---
I like pie.
#16Darkyellow327Posted 12/25/2012 8:45:12 PM
You guys need to watch some Street Fighter III combo videos. Aegis being Ryu's weakness will start to make perfect sense.
---
Not changing my sig until Soulja Boy challenges me to a rap battle
#17n00bsaib0tPosted 12/25/2012 11:33:39 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...

Forces you to master beating two bosses with the Mega Buster. Then came the Doc Robots, which increased the game's size twofold.

Not really when damn near all the bosses are weak to Shadow Blade. I think everyone but Hard Man and Needle Man take 2 damage from it, as opposed to the 1 they take from the buster.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#18Jin 13Posted 12/26/2012 2:55:24 AM
Then you have Shadow Blade and Spark Shot doing the exact same amount of damage to Magnet Man, so he has two weaknesses...

???

Shadow Blade does 8 units of damage to Magnet Man, also? I'll have to test that...
---
"*checks jins karma* 1111 wow thats odd" mistr moon
AIM: BabyMousePichu ~ Playing: Breath of Fire III
#19n00bsaib0tPosted 12/26/2012 3:01:12 AM
Jin 13 posted...
Then you have Shadow Blade and Spark Shot doing the exact same amount of damage to Magnet Man, so he has two weaknesses...

???

Shadow Blade does 8 units of damage to Magnet Man, also? I'll have to test that...

Yep, and you can fire it up at him when he jumps to fire the Magnet Missiles. Magnet Missiles are really useful in Spark Man's level too, so its actually a good idea to go out of order and go Top, Shadow, Magnet, Spark, Hard, Snake, Gemini, Needle, or at least thats my preferred method. Use Shadow Blade on Magnet, Spark and Snake.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
#20Jin 13Posted 12/26/2012 3:15:22 AM
The dozens of times I've played through the game, my order has almost always been Snake-Gemini-Needle-Magnet-Hard-Top-Shadow-Spark. I'm playing through it again, just to see how Shadow Blade works on Magnet Man...likely not until the boss rush, but still.

Some of the major (4 hit kill) weaknesses make sense...like magnets being thoroughly disrupted by electricity...but Shadow Blade being a major weakness for Magnet Man doesn't make sense to me. Hmm...
---
"*checks jins karma* 1111 wow thats odd" mistr moon
AIM: BabyMousePichu ~ Playing: Breath of Fire III