Does Ryu actually have a weakness?

#21Da DoodPosted 12/26/2012 3:15:28 AM
MM2 has a full weakness cycle, it's just that Metal Blade is way too powerful. People also tend to play on Normal difficulty where everything deals 2x damage, so Metal Blade just rips through the whole game. On Difficult, I use pretty much all the regular weaknesses (except maybe vs. Flash).

MM3 is weird, I don't think the two cycles make sense at all. If they wanted us to beat two bosses with the buster, they wouldn't place both of them in the same cycle (buster deals 2 damage to Magnet and Top).

I use Shadow Blade against Magnet, Gemini and Spark (plus Shadow himself at the refight).
---
And this time!
#22Jin 13Posted 12/26/2012 3:24:16 AM
I prefer Top Spin against Shadow Man. 4 hits and he's history.

Of interesting note, MM3 is, I think, the only game in the Mega Man series where all 8 bosses are weak (4 units of damage per hit) to their own weapons.
---
"*checks jins karma* 1111 wow thats odd" mistr moon
AIM: BabyMousePichu ~ Playing: Breath of Fire III
#23Jin 13Posted 12/26/2012 3:34:14 AM
Hmm...so it does. And here I thought I knew all the weaknesses for MM3 bosses. That's the one I didn't know about. Go figure.
---
#24n00bsaib0tPosted 12/26/2012 3:39:27 AM
Jin 13 posted...
Of interesting note, MM3 is, I think, the only game in the Mega Man series where all 8 bosses are weak (4 units of damage per hit) to their own weapons.

I thought Hard Knuckle bounced off of Hard Man.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#25JustThrowMoney(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 11:22:24 AM
Darkyellow327 posted...
You guys need to watch some Street Fighter III combo videos. Aegis being Ryu's weakness will start to make perfect sense.

This may be the most compelling argument so far! XD
---
Proud to be EPic.
"Vector calculus!" --Dive, Divekick
#26n00bsaib0tPosted 12/26/2012 10:33:09 PM
Darkyellow327 posted...
You guys need to watch some Street Fighter III combo videos. Aegis being Ryu's weakness will start to make perfect sense.

This may be the most compelling argument so far! XD

Actually, its not. I can link more combo videos where Ryu is HELPED by Aegis Reflector than he can link combo videos where Ryu is destroyed by Aegis reflector in the same way its used as his weakness in SFxMM.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#27superechoPosted 12/26/2012 11:13:25 PM
I miss the Doc Bots... They gave me such a big surprise back then.
I was kinda hoping this game would do something similar, you know?
#28Jin 13Posted 12/27/2012 1:57:08 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Jin 13 posted...

Nope. Hard Man takes 4 damage from Hard Knuckle, same as Magnet Missile. It's just not advisable to use during the boss rush since you need hard knuckle for the final boss.
---
#29n00bsaib0tPosted 12/27/2012 11:51:30 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Jin 13 posted...

Nope. Hard Man takes 4 damage from Hard Knuckle, same as Magnet Missile. It's just not advisable to use during the boss rush since you need hard knuckle for the final boss.

Stand right under Gamma and fire Shadow Blade straight up for 2 damage until he hits 50% health and goes into Phase 2, call rush coil, jump on him, switch to top spin, win the game.

I've never fought Gamma with Hard Knuckle.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
#30superechoPosted 12/28/2012 9:26:24 AM
I think I did use hard Knuckle on Gamma...
Didn't bother using Top Spin since it looked like suicide mission...
...Huh. Every Wily Fortress is pretty much suicide mission for our hero.

Whoops. Got out of topic. Ryu is pretty anoying since his spinning kick is very fast in the rematch (my experience, at least) and he uses Hadoken less compared to it.