Does Ryu actually have a weakness?

#31KamisamanoOtakuPosted 12/28/2012 8:52:12 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Stand right under Gamma and fire Shadow Blade straight up for 2 damage until he hits 50% health and goes into Phase 2, call rush coil, jump on him, switch to top spin, win the game.

I've never fought Gamma with Hard Knuckle.

I almost always used the Hard Knuckle for Gamma Phase 1. If you're a newbie with little skill like I was, the trick was to just stay in the starting position and constantly use the Super Punch cheat and take the easy shot. Even after I grew out of that, it was just a matter of hopping onto the platforms and still enjoying easy shots. Never, ever thought to try the Shadow Blade.

I also used the Hard Knuckle on the Wily Machine's first phase. I forget if it had a specific name; the cannon on the undercarriage of the device piloted by the fake Dr. Wily. It goes down pretty quick. Then I would switch to the Rush Jet since it was an easy boss to just pepper with Arm Cannon fire from the Rush Jet.

Granted, I wasn't going for "no hit" runs.
---
I like pie.
#32Sephiroth ClonePosted 12/28/2012 11:56:00 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Darkyellow327 posted...
You guys need to watch some Street Fighter III combo videos. Aegis being Ryu's weakness will start to make perfect sense.

This may be the most compelling argument so far! XD

Actually, its not. I can link more combo videos where Ryu is HELPED by Aegis Reflector than he can link combo videos where Ryu is destroyed by Aegis reflector in the same way its used as his weakness in SFxMM.

Yeah, Ryu can do that stuff in tool assisted combo videos, but an aegis reflector would never help Ryu in a real match. Aegis in 3S is all about getting your opponent to the corner so you can mixup/overhead them followed by shoulder block/headbutt juggles. Go watch some Gootecks matches... preferably older ones because he's not as good as he used to be.
---
Current Playing: With myself.
PSN: ThePorl.
#33n00bsaib0tPosted 12/28/2012 3:15:11 PM
Sephiroth Clone posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
Darkyellow327 posted...
You guys need to watch some Street Fighter III combo videos. Aegis being Ryu's weakness will start to make perfect sense.

This may be the most compelling argument so far! XD

Actually, its not. I can link more combo videos where Ryu is HELPED by Aegis Reflector than he can link combo videos where Ryu is destroyed by Aegis reflector in the same way its used as his weakness in SFxMM.

Yeah, Ryu can do that stuff in tool assisted combo videos, but an aegis reflector would never help Ryu in a real match. Aegis in 3S is all about getting your opponent to the corner so you can mixup/overhead them followed by shoulder block/headbutt juggles. Go watch some Gootecks matches... preferably older ones because he's not as good as he used to be.

I don't need to watch them because I know exactly what tactic you're talking about. There is just one problem with your argument- MATCH VIDEOS ARE NOT COMBO VIDEOS. Everyone was talking about the use of Aegis in COMBO VIDEOS, so what the hell do match videos have to do with anything?

PS- go watch some older combo videos, preferably stuff from 2002-2003, when people were using Aegis interrupts before tool assistance. Don't tell me to watch the old stuff when your go too example is a relatively new player. Freaking '09ers think they know everything.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#34Darkyellow327Posted 12/29/2012 12:14:03 PM
How the hell do you mention Gootecks and not RX when talking about Urien?

The video I was talking about is that old as hell Skillsmith one that was for New Generation and Second Impact.
---
Not changing my sig until Soulja Boy challenges me to a rap battle
#35AranShiizaaPosted 12/31/2012 10:53:12 AM
So much trolling in this topic.
---
Q: How do I have sex in this game people - csnthefirst
A: Why don't you try having sex in real life? - Dr_Mojo
#36MetaXzeroPosted 1/1/2013 11:38:39 AM
Isn't Hadouken borderline worthless in Third Strike anyway? Thanks to Parrying? Aegis Reflector is just rubbing salt on the wound.
#37JuliMizrahiPosted 1/1/2013 12:35:55 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#38JuliMizrahiPosted 1/1/2013 12:53:31 PM
Do weaknesses really matter when the reguar weapon does just as well?
---
There are no stupid questions. Just pointless questions asked in incredibly stupid ways.
#39n00bsaib0tPosted 1/1/2013 7:29:45 PM
Isn't Hadouken borderline worthless in Third Strike anyway? Thanks to Parrying? Aegis Reflector is just rubbing salt on the wound.

If you want to throw random fireballs for no reason what so ever its going to look that way. Just like if you throw a fireball at someone for no reason in SF4 they are going to look useless when they FADC through it for a full punish.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#40JustThrowMoney(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 8:25:26 PM
AranShiizaa posted...
So much trolling in this topic.

For what it's worth, I had no intention of this happening. >_>;
---
Proud to be EPic.
"Vector calculus!" --Dive, Divekick