Does Ryu actually have a weakness?

#41AranShiizaaPosted 1/18/2013 8:40:46 PM
I know that Proffessor X has one weakness.

Stairs.
---
Q: How do I have sex in this game people - csnthefirst
A: Why don't you try having sex in real life? - Dr_Mojo
#42Hotel_SecurityPosted 1/20/2013 10:48:22 AM
To answer the topic, Ryu's weakness is Blanca's weapon...that Tropic Whatever it's called. Only problem is Blanka's weapon sucks. If you just plant it, Ryu won't be damaged since he really only moves with windmill kicks and he's invincible during those. Sliding into the ball causes it to bounce at unpredictable angles and walking into it is to just push it into Ryu is dangerous since he's usually firing off Hyudokens.

Only consistent use I've found for it is wait for Ryu to stand and fire Hyudokens and then jump and drop one right on his head. Except this is dangerous as it can be hard to time the jumps when you're so close to him...I died more when using Blanka's weapon than just the Mega buster.
#43Da DoodPosted 1/20/2013 10:59:27 AM
Uh... dude, it's been covered, Ryu's weakness is the Aegis Reflector. The damage it deals depends on what type of Hadoken will hit him back.

Tropical Hazard is Rose's weakness.
---
And this time!
#44Hotel_SecurityPosted 1/20/2013 12:24:56 PM
^Ya, I see but the subject was asking if there was a weapon that takes more than one bar from him...I believe the Tropical weapon takes away more than one bar if it's dropped on his head. The Barrier weapon is far more effective though.
#45Da DoodPosted 1/20/2013 12:34:08 PM
Ah, true.
---
And this time!
#46n00bsaib0tPosted 1/20/2013 2:09:29 PM
To answer the topic, Ryu's weakness is Blanca's weapon...that Tropic Whatever it's called. Only problem is Blanka's weapon sucks. If you just plant it, Ryu won't be damaged since he really only moves with windmill kicks and he's invincible during those. Sliding into the ball causes it to bounce at unpredictable angles and walking into it is to just push it into Ryu is dangerous since he's usually firing off Hyudokens.

Only consistent use I've found for it is wait for Ryu to stand and fire Hyudokens and then jump and drop one right on his head. Except this is dangerous as it can be hard to time the jumps when you're so close to him...I died more when using Blanka's weapon than just the Mega buster.

Hold up and press shoot to kick the watermelon with an arc, hold down and shoot to kick it straight across the floor. No need to slide or push the watermelon.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#47Hotel_SecurityPosted 1/23/2013 9:42:39 AM
^Good tips! I never could quite figure out how they did that in the demonstrations. Thanks.
#48jayman7Posted 1/27/2013 12:00:25 AM
Da Dood posted...
MM2 has a full weakness cycle, it's just that Metal Blade is way too powerful. People also tend to play on Normal difficulty where everything deals 2x damage, so Metal Blade just rips through the whole game. On Difficult, I use pretty much all the regular weaknesses (except maybe vs. Flash).

Indeed, the sequence is Metal > Bubble > Heat > Wood > Air > Crash > Flash > Quick > Metal.

The reasons people forget this:

1. For some bizarre reason, Flash Man takes more damage from the Metal Blade than the Crash Bomber - though you can annihilate him if you throw the Crash Bomber in the right place and have it explode on him (dealing multiple hits), the timing for this is hard to get.

2. Everyone remembers that Metal Man dies very quickly to his own weapon. He's also not hard to beat with the Mega Buster.

3. Oh, Wood Man. Never mind that Heat Man has that incredibly long disappearing block segment that causes most people to wait until after Air Man to take him on, nobody ever remembers that the Atomic Fire is his weakness. To be fair, the Air Shooter kills him fastest (Atomic Fire has a charge time) and the Crash Bomber easiest (it explodes on his shield and hits him through it), for some bizarre reason everyone remembers the special weapon (of the four that actually hurt him) that does the least damage to him; that is, the Metal Blade. Search me why. In Easy mode ("Normal", but this mode doesn't exist in the Japanese version, so I call it Easy), the Metal Blade does deal four damage to him... but so does the Crash Bomber (through the shield, multiple times per bomb), and the Air Shooter and Atomic Fire do a lot more than that!

4. Hey, Bubble Man is weak to the Metal Blade! Flash Man is weak to the Metal Blade! Metal Man is weak to the Metal Blade! Wood Man is (not, but a lot of people think he is) weak to the Metal Blade! This causes lots of people to think everyone is weak to the Metal Blade! Yeah, no. Heat Man takes more damage from the Mega Buster than the Blade (no joke), and everyone else is immune to it.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#49superechoPosted 2/5/2013 8:42:11 PM
So very true. As great the damage caused by multiple hits of Crash Bomb, people (me included) doesn't bother to fire the weapon at the right angle so it hits the boss.
Easy hitter like Metal Blade won out, plus it has four times ammo than C. Bomb.
But yeah, M. Blade doesn't work against QuickMan and CrashMan, but works against BubbleMan (the old comic proves this).

Back to topic though... Ryu's weakness is A. Reflector, nuff said.
It just, at times he moves too fast that reflecting his hadokens hardly matters anymore.