So this is it for Mega Man

#21Darkyellow327Posted 12/25/2012 8:44:15 PM
Inafking posted...
9 and 10 were shovelware garbage. Meant to be junk for junkies. Name me one digital game that has production value and it's one that is also released on disk.

You're going to make Capcom cry about the effort they put into Megaman 6 then.
---
Not changing my sig until Soulja Boy challenges me to a rap battle
#22GothannPosted 12/25/2012 9:04:58 PM
Dark_SilverX posted...
So you can play more 8bit crap

We need a Mega Man game with the Resident Evil 5 or 6 engine.

You know, we almost got one. Remember Legends 3? Yeah, that was supposed to be on MT Framework.

Hell, MT Framework was built in the hopes of making Legends 3. It's no coincidence that Lost Planet felt like a sluggish version of the first two MML games.
---
Fair does not exist. Fair is a word from a world of happy fantasies.
#23Jak7733Posted 12/25/2012 9:07:14 PM
9 is almost unanimously considered one of the best, if not the best, classic Mega Man games. Don't feed the troll.
---
What the hell is a Firioniel? Is that the cable that fits an iFrion? - ponosmcgee on Dissidia Final Fantasy
#24GreatTroySenseiPosted 12/25/2012 9:30:39 PM
Gothann posted...
Dark_SilverX posted...

You know, we almost got one. Remember Legends 3? Yeah, that was supposed to be on MT Framework.

Hell, MT Framework was built in the hopes of making Legends 3. It's no coincidence that Lost Planet felt like a sluggish version of the first two MML games.

This. Wasn't the MT named for "Megaman Trigger?"
---
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.
#25GothannPosted 12/25/2012 10:32:46 PM
No. It means "Multi-Thread", which was one of the big innovations introduced in this latest console cycle: multi-core/SPU processing units.
---
Fair does not exist. Fair is a word from a world of happy fantasies.
#26n00bsaib0tPosted 12/25/2012 11:31:12 PM
Dark_SilverX posted...

MT Framework isn't the Mega Man Legends 3 engine. Its an engine you can build games in. I'm pretty sure MvC3 uses MT Framework too, you can't try and pass that off as the RE6 engine.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#27Haseo18615Posted 12/25/2012 11:33:21 PM
This is all we're getting for 2012, aside from the GameBoy games on the 3DS e-shop and Xbox Avatar items. Part of me is still hoping for something worthwhile in 2013 to show that Capcom is actually willing to put some effort into making a new Mega Man game, but I still wouldn't be surprised if we got another year of absolutely nothing.
---
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?-envoyofuno
#28n00bsaib0tPosted 12/25/2012 11:55:50 PM
This is all we're getting for 2012, aside from the GameBoy games on the 3DS e-shop and Xbox Avatar items.

Mega Man: Dr Wily's Revenge hit the eshop in 2011. None of the other Game Boy games are on it or scheduled to go on it.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#29CursedSeishiPosted 12/26/2012 12:07:55 AM
Haseo18615 posted...
This is all we're getting for 2012, aside from the GameBoy games on the 3DS e-shop and Xbox Avatar items. Part of me is still hoping for something worthwhile in 2013 to show that Capcom is actually willing to put some effort into making a new Mega Man game, but I still wouldn't be surprised if we got another year of absolutely nothing.

Capcom hasn't even put any effort into this game, funny enough.

This is just a fan game someone made that Capcom decided to "back" by offering to have people download it through Capcom Unity for free, instead of being able to download it anywhere for free.

The only real effort they have shown for this game, was restraining their lawyers from nailing the guy with Cease and Desist letters and threats, because they even realized that after a point, negative press stops being good and starts being... well, negative.
---
"they'll be too busy yelling at the whiny 12yr olds playing on their Xglove 36k Omnitools playing Call of Duty: Shanxi at War"
~cursedseishi~
#30n00bsaib0tPosted 12/26/2012 12:11:07 AM
Haseo18615 posted...

Capcom hasn't even put any effort into this game, funny enough.

This is just a fan game someone made that Capcom decided to "back" by offering to have people download it through Capcom Unity for free, instead of being able to download it anywhere for free.

The only real effort they have shown for this game, was restraining their lawyers from nailing the guy with Cease and Desist letters and threats, because they even realized that after a point, negative press stops being good and starts being... well, negative.

Capcom put effort and money into the game, you're not fooling anyone but yourself. The fact that there are Capcom employee names in the credits says right there that Capcom helped the guy make the game. Effort was put into it, sadly it was the effort of their lowest level of developers.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific