So this is it for Mega Man

#31CursedSeishiPosted 12/25/2012 11:21:29 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Haseo18615 posted...
This is all we're getting for 2012, aside from the GameBoy games on the 3DS e-shop and Xbox Avatar items. Part of me is still hoping for something worthwhile in 2013 to show that Capcom is actually willing to put some effort into making a new Mega Man game, but I still wouldn't be surprised if we got another year of absolutely nothing.

Capcom hasn't even put any effort into this game, funny enough.

This is just a fan game someone made that Capcom decided to "back" by offering to have people download it through Capcom Unity for free, instead of being able to download it anywhere for free.

The only real effort they have shown for this game, was restraining their lawyers from nailing the guy with Cease and Desist letters and threats, because they even realized that after a point, negative press stops being good and starts being... well, negative.

Capcom put effort and money into the game, you're not fooling anyone but yourself. The fact that there are Capcom employee names in the credits says right there that Capcom helped the guy make the game. Effort was put into it, sadly it was the effort of their lowest level of developers.

"While Zong Hui continued to develop the game based on his original design, Capcom took over tasks such as funding, marketing, and quality assurance."

They provided some basic amount of QA (which means jack squat), some meager amount of marketing (marketing I've seen only hit online sites, which would of picked up on the game regardless), and "funding" to pay for what exactly? The game was more than likely developed in Flash, so any funding for that would of been laughable at best.

Again, Capcom provided nearly jack squat for the game. Capcom didn't have any devs working on it, Hui was creating it solo like before.
---
"they'll be too busy yelling at the whiny 12yr olds playing on their Xglove 36k Omnitools playing Call of Duty: Shanxi at War"
~cursedseishi~
#32n00bsaib0tPosted 12/25/2012 11:45:19 PM
Again, beat the game and watch the credits. It wasn't just one guy that put out the finished product. As for what was funded, you do realize that paying employees is part of the budget and funding for a game, right? Seeing as how they hired this guy and paid him to finish the game, and put a team of developers on it with him, plus QA, marketing, hosting the file (which damn near took down their website at launch) there is where the funding went.

As for building in flash, someone around here said something about him making it in game maker, which is why its so resource heavy.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#33GothannPosted 12/26/2012 6:58:57 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Dark_SilverX posted...
So you can play more 8bit crap

We need a Mega Man game with the Resident Evil 5 or 6 engine.

You know, we almost got one. Remember Legends 3? Yeah, that was supposed to be on MT Framework.

Hell, MT Framework was built in the hopes of making Legends 3. It's no coincidence that Lost Planet felt like a sluggish version of the first two MML games.

MT Framework isn't the Mega Man Legends 3 engine. Its an engine you can build games in. I'm pretty sure MvC3 uses MT Framework too, you can't try and pass that off as the RE6 engine.

I know that MT Framework is a game making framework, hence its name. Also: MvC3 AND RE6 were built on MT Framework. Almost all AAA games from Capcom this generation were made on the framework, with the notable exception of Monster Hunter.

Legends 3 was supposed to use MT Framework Mobile, which Super Street Fighter 4 3D Edition used.
---
Fair does not exist. Fair is a word from a world of happy fantasies.
#34Inafking(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 8:04:57 AM
rockman171 posted...
Minecraft

I said production value.
---
George Lucas had some IPs he didn't feel like developing. He sold them to a company that would. There is a lesson here for Crapcom.
#35Inafking(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 8:05:54 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Mortal Kombat (2011)
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Street Fighter III Third Strike
Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition
Resident Evil Code Veronica X
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil 6
Little Big Planet
Infamous
Assassin's Creed III

thank you for making my point
---
George Lucas had some IPs he didn't feel like developing. He sold them to a company that would. There is a lesson here for Crapcom.
#36Inafking(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 8:10:41 AM
Jak7733 posted...
9 is almost unanimously considered one of the best, if not the best, classic Mega Man games.

LOL what a load of garbage. I have NEVER heard that. When I played it, everyone I know played it, and every review said it was less than Mega Man deserved.
---
#37Splatterhouse5Posted 12/26/2012 12:37:06 PM
You might come up with lies that can endure the scrutiny of a few seconds of Googling.
---
Canon: the juvenile's way of looking at fiction.
#38Dark_SilverXPosted 12/26/2012 2:22:53 PM
Jak7733 posted...
9 is almost unanimously considered one of the best, if not the best, classic Mega Man games. Don't feed the troll.

Mega Man 7 was better than 9.
---
Carmine is a beast. No matter how many times he dies.
http://i.imgur.com/FrZIT.jpg
#39ClaudeLv250Posted 12/26/2012 2:52:24 PM
Dark_SilverX posted...
Jak7733 posted...
9 is almost unanimously considered one of the best, if not the best, classic Mega Man games. Don't feed the troll.

Mega Man 7 was better than 9.

7 was definitely better at being worse than 9.
---
Once you go Claude, everything else is a Fraud.
#40OrangeSchweesePosted 12/26/2012 5:42:30 PM
They'll probably never make another X.

Mega Man Legends is still possible.

Mega man 11 is still possible.