So this is it for Mega Man

#41Mirror_AuraPosted 12/27/2012 3:57:04 AM
Apparently all that's left is for Mega Man is US capcom to develop all digital games. No more production value. All junk from here on out. I knew this anniversary was gonna rip my heart out. Never thought it would be like this.

It feels like I'm living inside a dream... but my mind tells I'm LOST IN NECROPOLIS. LOST IN NECROPOLIS. Now I know what it's like to be, inside the city of the dead.

*scrolls down to read all the ridiculous posts*

Hahaha, no one in this thread knows how to actually argue a point.

Name me one digital game that has production value and it's one that is also released on disk.
Mortal Kombat (2011)
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Street Fighter III Third Strike
Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition
Resident Evil Code Veronica X
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil 6
Little Big Planet
Infamous
Assassin's Creed III

Any other stupid questions?

LOL. That's so cute, you responded as if the "and it's one" wasn't in his post... The lack of reading comprehension here is amazing. You uhh, realize that every game you named is indeed released on disk, right? Right? And that, you know, that's exactly what he's saying? You guys still haven't named a digital game with production value that wasn't also released on disk.

And that BOTHERS ME, because I want to see the topic creator respond to an actual point. But you guys haven't made any. If someone viewed this thread objectively, it would appear as if the topic creator is CORRECT.

Oh, who am I kidding? Of course he's right. Mega Man 9 and 10 were trash, and this fangame is trash too. Classic Mega Man was always inferior to Mega Man X, which never had more than one great game. But can you guys at least try to pretend that the topic creator is wrong? This topic promised me an actual discussion and gives me nothing but a buncha lame-o JOKES (like the above quoted guy, lol!).
---
The most powerful army, in, HISTORY.
YAAAAAAYYYYY.
#42ToadstoolPeachPosted 12/27/2012 7:03:24 AM
If they're going to end Mega Man, at least they could come up with a finale game that bridges MM and MMX and a finale for X as well.
#43n00bsaib0tPosted 12/27/2012 11:08:35 AM
LOL. That's so cute, you responded as if the "and it's one" wasn't in his post... The lack of reading comprehension here is amazing. You uhh, realize that every game you named is indeed released on disk, right? Right? And that, you know, that's exactly what he's saying? You guys still haven't named a digital game with production value that wasn't also released on disk.

"Name me one digital game that has production value and it's one that is also released on disk".

"Name me one digital game that has production value and is also released on disc".

Don't yell at me for reading comprehension when he puts sentences together that can mean multiple things. The words themselves say to name digital games with production value that are also released on disc, if he meant something else he should have used different words. As such I gave him a list of digital games that have had disc based releases.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#44GreatTroySenseiPosted 12/27/2012 12:18:03 PM
Mirror_Aura posted...

And that BOTHERS ME, because I want to see the topic creator respond to an actual point. But you guys haven't made any. If someone viewed this thread objectively, it would appear as if the topic creator is CORRECT.

Oh, who am I kidding? Of course he's right. Mega Man 9 and 10 were trash, and this fangame is trash too. Classic Mega Man was always inferior to Mega Man X, which never had more than one great game. But can you guys at least try to pretend that the topic creator is wrong? This topic promised me an actual discussion and gives me nothing but a buncha lame-o JOKES (like the above quoted guy, lol!).

A. OP mangled the English language. Maybe not his fault. Still not deserving of your defense.

B. Who the eff are you? Threads aren't here to impress you, kid.

C. 10 was subpar, but 9 was just fine. Also, if you hate classic series, and think that X series had a single good game, you're not really a fan of Rockman anyway so your opinions are baseless.
---
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.
#45Blitzoff1987Posted 12/27/2012 1:42:38 PM
Inafking posted...
9 and 10 were shovelware garbage. Meant to be junk for junkies. Name me one digital game that has production value and it's one that is also released on disk.

The Walking Dead
---
I like sunday cartoons.
#46Orange_ApplesPosted 12/27/2012 2:29:44 PM
ToadstoolPeach posted...
If they're going to end Mega Man, at least they could come up with a finale game that bridges MM and MMX and a finale for X as well.

Kinda like Sonic Generations?
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#47bassyuraPosted 12/27/2012 10:51:06 PM
MM9 is a complete rehash of MM2, which is considered the greatest MM game. You may have been mistaken in you judgement and it's understandable.
---
This hand of mine is coursing with the Power of Magnetism! It tells me to crush Capitalism!
Here I go, GADGETO FINGAH!!!
#48n00bsaib0tPosted 12/27/2012 10:53:53 PM
MM9 is a complete rehash of MM2, which is considered the greatest MM game. You may have been mistaken in you judgement and it's understandable.

I've played both of them hundreds of times. Aside from playing as Mega Man to stop Dr Wily, I don't see much of a comparison. I would demand an explanation, but you don't have one.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#49xerostarr83Posted 12/28/2012 1:53:58 AM
Just reading through this and getting a kick out of the arguments XD

Personally, I liked 9 and 10, although I'd much rather have a physical copy instead of downloads. I can see the 8 bit nostalgia and all, but if capcom really wants to keep the series alive to mainstream gamers, they need to do something new, but not something so drastically that it becomes unrecognizable. MvC3 and SF4 (as much as I hate that game for taking away my air block) did a fairly decent job of doing just that.

I'd love to see a new MM series that attempts to bring in some massive rpg elements as in the newer fallout and elderscrolls games personally (one of the control schemes in Legends 2 was pretty close to Fallout 3 assuming you were running it in 3rd person). Maybe throw on a new 8bit game as an unlockable after clearing the main storyline or something (similar to ZX Advent or the original Metroid thrown on the Gamecube version).

It does feel a bit lazy of capcom to publish (and/or assist with) a fan game for the anniversary, then make it pc only so we can all fight with motioninjoy (or whatever program you use for your controller) to make it playable, but it is free and still better than nothing. Too bad they didn't spend the time finishing up MML3 or Rockman Online though :P Still hoping for an english release of Project X Zone as well :/
#50n00bsaib0tPosted 12/28/2012 3:08:50 AM
I'd love to see a new MM series that attempts to bring in some massive rpg elements as in the newer fallout and elderscrolls games personally (one of the control schemes in Legends 2 was pretty close to Fallout 3 assuming you were running it in 3rd person). Maybe throw on a new 8bit game as an unlockable after clearing the main storyline or something (similar to ZX Advent or the original Metroid thrown on the Gamecube version).

I'd be happy with some new games that played like NT Warrior personally. Mega Man needs to stay in the realm of 2D side scrolling unless its Legends. The standard games shouldn't deviate from the 2D method, just look at how X 7 turned out.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific