So this is it for Mega Man

#51ProfessorWongPosted 12/28/2012 6:59:20 AM
To be fair, anything past Megaman X5 was never supposed to exist. The X series was supposed to end at 5 and continue on through Megaman Zero. X6 was such a horrible experience from beginning to end, that it really showed how far Capcom was willing to milk their franchises for all they were worth.

While Megaman 9 definitely cashed in on nostalgia, it's still a very well-designed game; you can tell that a lot of work went into choosing the right color palettes, composing an upbeat soundtrack, and designing levels that were consistently challenging but fair. I can't say the same for 10 but there's definitely a level of quality to be found in 9.
---
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
#52n00bsaib0tPosted 12/28/2012 7:14:53 AM
Was I the only one that liked X 6? THE BADDLE HAZ JUSD BEGUNN.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#53FrostDancer289Posted 12/28/2012 8:56:25 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Was I the only one that liked X 6? THE BADDLE HAZ JUSD BEGUNN.

Nope. Despite the flaws it has, I find X6 to be very enjoyable and love playing it. To be honest...I like X6 more than X5. XD
---
THE PRESIDENT HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED BY NINJAS. ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO RESCUE THE PRESIDENT? - Bad Dudes
#54Splatterhouse5Posted 12/28/2012 12:06:14 PM
One of the things I liked about X6 was how differently X played when using each armor. One disappointment was that Sigma was stuck in as the final boss when Gate had been the antagonist for most of the game, but in the years since, crazy hobo Sigma's grown on me. I like all the X games, though, except the dire Xtreme 1.

I was very skeptical about Mega Man 9 and even more for Mega Man 10, but those games ended up being amazing. SFxMM, unfortunately, didn't turn out anywhere near as good.

I've played through the first three Battle Network games. They were fun. The GameCube side-scroller, through, Network Transmission... imagine someone ate Mega Man classic and Battle Network. NT is the resulting bowel movement.
---
Canon: the juvenile's way of looking at fiction.
#55bassyuraPosted 12/30/2012 2:58:13 AM
I like X6 much more than X5. Idk, it seem to have better music, a less depressing story, and higher difficulty IMO for the simple fact you couldn't play as zero. Also, I.D.E.A. is amazing. Not saying it was the perfect MM game, ceiling stick was a crappy gimmick and return of rescue the reploids wasn't welcome. I did like the introduction of crouch which you see again in ZX/ZXA.

X7 tried new things like Legends did but did far worse. For instance, Mega Man being unplayable in his own game and once obtained, being inferior in every way to the new character Axl. 3D/lock on mechanics were clunky and wall kick was almost impossible.
---
This hand of mine is coursing with the Power of Magnetism! It tells me to crush Capitalism!
Here I go, GADGETO FINGAH!!!
#56Splatterhouse5Posted 12/30/2012 11:33:59 AM
X put Axl and Zero to shame in X7. Compared to Axl specifically, X has a much stronger primary weapon, stronger versions of the copied weapons, better exclusive power chip abilities, better defense, and can cover more ground gliding than Axl can hovering. It makes sense for X to be the reward, since if he was available from the start, no one would give Axl the time of day.
---
Canon: the juvenile's way of looking at fiction.
#57n00bsaib0tPosted 12/30/2012 12:30:38 PM
bassyura posted...
I like X6 much more than X5. Idk, it seem to have better music, a less depressing story, and higher difficulty IMO for the simple fact you couldn't play as zero. Also, I.D.E.A. is amazing. Not saying it was the perfect MM game, ceiling stick was a crappy gimmick and return of rescue the reploids wasn't welcome. I did like the introduction of crouch which you see again in ZX/ZXA.

X7 tried new things like Legends did but did far worse. For instance, Mega Man being unplayable in his own game and once obtained, being inferior in every way to the new character Axl. 3D/lock on mechanics were clunky and wall kick was almost impossible.

X 5 introduced crouching.

Zero was fully playable in X 6 after you fight him in any of the stages alternate exits (once defeated, IIRC Dynamo takes his place and he is great for soul farming).

Ceiling stick was beyond useful for Zero (its one of the techniques he gets from the Mavericks).

The rescue reploids function differently in X 6 from X 5. Rather than just saying thanks and giving you some health, they are where you get your abilities. They also don't respawn after you rescue them and once they die they are dead forever.

X was godlike in X 7, there was no reason to play as anyone else. Did you actually get the Glide Armor?
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#58ClaudeLv250Posted 12/30/2012 6:04:15 PM
All this talk is making me want to play X1-8 again. I mean, I was going to anyway for the anniversary, but I was holding off for awhile.
---
Once you go Claude, everything else is a Fraud.
#59Dark_SilverXPosted 12/30/2012 10:35:53 PM
ClaudeLv250 posted...
All this talk is making me want to play X1-8 again. I mean, I was going to anyway for the anniversary, but I was holding off for awhile.

Play X: Command Mission.
---
Carmine is a beast. No matter how many times he dies.
http://i.imgur.com/FrZIT.jpg
#60ClaudeLv250Posted 12/31/2012 1:03:54 AM
I actually never did beat Command Mission, so I guess this is an excuse to do so.
---
Once you go Claude, everything else is a Fraud.