Something MMX1 did, that no other game did...

#1Damien 5000Posted 12/25/2012 4:20:45 AM
Two things, actually. In Mega Man X 1, killing certain bosses massively effected other stages. For example, killing Launch Octopus flooded Sting Chameleon's stage. Or killing Chill Penguin froze Flame Mammoth's stage. I really liked that.

I also liked that even though bosses had a particular weakness, other items could be used to damage their body in other ways to inhibit their attacks, like using a cutter on Flame Mammoth, to chop off his trunk. I liked that, too.

They never really did that again, and it seemed like a very innovative idea from the getgo.
---
Everything feels better fresh out of the dryer. Even death would be nicer if it was dryer fresh.
-UnitOmega010
#2Da DoodPosted 12/25/2012 5:06:54 AM
X3 did the first thing. Actually, there are more stage effects in X3 than X1. If you kill Volt Catfish before entering Vile's hideout, for example, you can use the elevator there.

And if you count X6's Nightmare Effects, there's that too...

The Boomerang Cutter thing was pretty neat.
---
And this time!
#3n00bsaib0tPosted 12/25/2012 5:07:33 AM
They did the damage thing one more time in Extreme 2 with Launch Octopus losing his arms if you used Neon Tiger's weapon.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#4AranShiizaaPosted 12/28/2012 12:49:26 PM
The stage effects in Mega Man X's 1, 3, and 6 were awesome. I felt that the first game made the biggest difference.

Spark Mandrill's stage would be destroyed with power outtage's if you had beaten Storm Eagle due to his ship crashing there.
Sting Chamelon's stage would be flooded if you beat Launch Octupus, and is the method (although not the only method) of getting the heart tank in that stage. etc
---
Q: How do I have sex in this game people - csnthefirst
A: Why don't you try having sex in real life? - Dr_Mojo
#5NoMoneyRangerPosted 12/29/2012 1:21:38 PM
Killing Wire Sponge in X2 with a uncharged Sonic Slicer is always satisfying...
---
We are remnants of roadkill.
#6scorpionpsPosted 12/29/2012 1:28:19 PM
Jet Stingray's weapon>Slash Beast>Nail clippers
---
Defeating you takes less effort than smacking a baby. Not that I'd ever do that! - Akuma
#7Da DoodPosted 12/29/2012 8:16:03 PM
You can also fire Slash Beast's weapon to cut Web Spider's web (the actual web from which he hangs) and he'll fall and take massive damage.

My favorite of these boss effects still is throwing Crystal Snail out of his "home", though. Poor guy forgets all about the battle. Never gets old!
---
And this time!
#8n00bsaib0tPosted 12/29/2012 8:23:59 PM
Jet Stingray's weapon>Slash Beast>Nail clippers

You can also fire Slash Beast's weapon to cut Web Spider's web (the actual web from which he hangs) and he'll fall and take massive damage.

I think everyone forgets about these because the plasma shot is better than the weaknesses in a lot of cases. Seriously, that thing was beyond broken in X 4. They made it pretty balanced in X 5 (Fourth and Ultimate Armors) and X 6 (only available with the Ultimate Armor) though where it can't pass through walls and the bosses are immune to the plasma trails.

I think I'm gonna go do a no armor run in X 4. I've never done one and it seems like it should be pretty challenging.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#9n00bsaib0tPosted 12/29/2012 10:26:26 PM
I think I'm gonna go do a no armor run in X 4. I've never done one and it seems like it should be pretty challenging.

DONE!

Not quite as hard as I thought, but you don't realize how dependent you get on unlimited weapon energy from the Helmet upgrade as well as air dashing. The upper route to General seems impossible without the foot upgrade, but the bottom route was doable. I'm relatively proud of myself right now.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
#10Da DoodPosted 12/30/2012 6:47:19 AM
I always mean to start the no armor runs but end up collecting all the stuff, haha. I did it in X1 through X3, though. Well, X1 not counting the boots and the X-Buster that you get from Zero, which are mandatory.

X6 no armor looks insane...
---
And this time!