Something MMX1 did, that no other game did...

#11n00bsaib0tPosted 12/30/2012 8:07:41 AM
If you No Armor'd X 3 you're the manliest of men.

X 6 is pretty intense to do no armor. Obviously you have to use it in the intro stage so that excluded, the game is nuts. I watched a No Armor/All Levels run a couple years ago and it involved a lot of Blizzard Wolffang's weapon and getting hit so you could run or climb on spikes. Its doable, although its obvious that it wasn't meant to be done that way (unlike X 1-5 which while you couldn't necessarily 100% them you COULD beat the game on skill alone without exploiting invincibility time).

On a different note, I just started playing the Zero Collection for DS. I can't believe no one made me play these yet. I skipped out on them initially because the playable character wasn't blue, but I'm in one of those full swing Mega Man frenzies since SFxMM was announced (1, 2, 3, 6, 9, X, X 4, X 5, X 6, SFxMM, Zero 1 so far, some of them upwards of 7 playthroughs) so I decided to pick this up. I did Zero 1 in one sitting (couldn't put it down, I loved everything about it) and my inner completionist is going insane trying to figure out if I'm supposed to have all the Cyber Elfs or all the upgrades, so I did it with no Cyber Elfs (got them all but Jackson, gonna grind and max out all the Elfs eventually). Angel X can kiss the fattest part of my ass.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#12Da DoodPosted 12/30/2012 8:18:55 AM
X3 wasn't too bad 'cause I used the Z-Saber against the final boss. Kinda lame but the only limitation that I wanted was no armor/collectables, so it was fun.

X2, however, I did no armor, no collectables, buster only. That one was insane.

Enjoy the Zero games, they're awesome. If you liked Z1, you'll love the other three even more probably. I recommend ZX and ZX Advent too, they're pretty much the spiritual Z5 and Z6.
---
And this time!
#13Rasb_BurrisePosted 12/30/2012 9:22:44 AM
Pffffft

You guys need to do No Dash MMX1 and get 100% item completion. That's fun.
X2 is also a fun No Dash, No Charged Rabbit, No Charged Speed Burner game, but you can't 100% collect. Protip, you can in fact collect full armor in X2 without dashing.
X4 No Dash 100% is great with Zero, I think impossible to even the beat the game with X.
---
"I buy sausage" - Haruhi from K-On?: Fumoffu
#14n00bsaib0tPosted 12/30/2012 11:00:30 AM
Avoiding upgrades is one thing, flat out not using basic functions just doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. No dash X 4 would be possible with X provided you have the Ultimate Armor.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#15Da DoodPosted 12/30/2012 11:19:50 AM
Yeah, no dash just isn't fun at all to me.
---
And this time!
#16Rasb_BurrisePosted 12/30/2012 1:34:09 PM
You guys telling me you never did like walkathons in Mario, or Swordless LoZ, or Buster Only Legends, or NMNE FF6, or NMWENL FF7, or manocheese's Uber Challenge, or low% Metroid, or any of that stuff?

I think it's great to strip away basic aspects of a game and still demolish it with ease (usually). After all, no Armor runs are kinda easy in MMX. Walls are broken, Dash is too good, attacks are too easy to avoid, charged buster shots are too strong.

Like Buster Only, No Sliding, No Damage MM7's last boss. That's fun.
---
"I buy sausage" - Haruhi from K-On?: Fumoffu
#17Da DoodPosted 12/30/2012 2:17:56 PM
I think each of those challenges is its own beast. Metroid sequence breaking is very intense and rewarding. But I don't want to slow the gameplay down to a crawl for challenge. No dashing just makes the game tedious IMO.
---
And this time!
#18CreepGnomePosted 12/30/2012 5:04:40 PM
You guys telling me you never did like walkathons in Mario, or Swordless LoZ, or Buster Only Legends, or NMNE FF6, or NMWENL FF7, or manocheese's Uber Challenge, or low% Metroid, or any of that stuff?

None of those things sound like any fun at all.
---
Ma-shi-nuh, because there's no such thing as a "correct" way to pronounce things.-zero7717 on pronunciation of Machina
http://i.imgur.com/eJDEa.png
#19n00bsaib0tPosted 12/30/2012 9:19:02 PM
Swordless LoZ and no esper FF6 are avoiding upgrades, not ignoring basic functions. I never did buster only Legends because I'm not a fan of Legends.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
#20n00bsaib0tPosted 12/31/2012 12:02:04 AM
I'm starting to enjoy the Zero games less with Zero 2. I mean the game itself is good, but you need an A rank for the EX abilities. Capcom's grading scale is so messed up. "Oh, you got 94% and didn't need help from cyber elfs? Yeah, thats a B, no EX ability for you".
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific