Something MMX1 did, that no other game did...

#41CreepGnomePosted 1/1/2013 12:46:06 PM
Yeah, robots "bleeding" in anime isn't exactly out of the ordinary.
---
Ma-shi-nuh, because there's no such thing as a "correct" way to pronounce things.-zero7717 on pronunciation of Machina
http://i.imgur.com/eJDEa.png
#42ClaudeLv250Posted 1/1/2013 5:28:39 PM
Zero was built before, and completely independently, of X. They call him a legendary reploid because they don't realize that he's not a reploid...
---
Once you go Claude, everything else is a Fraud.
#43Splatterhouse5Posted 1/1/2013 6:43:16 PM
The line calling Zero a Reploid is from an omniscient third-person narrator.
---
Canon: the juvenile's way of looking at fiction.
#44n00bsaib0tPosted 1/1/2013 8:23:10 PM
Zero and X are acknowledged as "not Reploids" when Dr Weil takes control of all Reploids via the Dark Elf... yet he can't control X and Zero.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#45Splatterhouse5Posted 1/1/2013 9:58:01 PM
The Dark Elf can't control X because he's not a Reploid anymore, following the destruction of his body, but a Cyber-elf. The Dark Elf couldn't control Cyber-elf Phantom either.

As for controlling Zero, the machine Dr. Wily built was merged with the Dark Elf and made completely subservient to Weil. What the Dark Elf can't control is Zero's replica body.
---
Canon: the juvenile's way of looking at fiction.
#46Darkwing EXEPosted 1/2/2013 12:11:28 PM
Not to really put you guys down. But you're look at the ranking and penalty system in the Zero series wrong. The games are made to be much hard than normal. But it's to encourage players to master them. The ranking system challenges you to aim for best, and the cyber-elfs mainly used as a form of crutch.

From Z2 on, you're really supposed to do what you can to first time, use the NG+ for your next run through. Not unlike the games like DMC, or how you guys were talking about no armor/ no damage runs.
---
"That's the way it works. I, the star, take a beating; then muster uncommon strength, and win." -Haze Shenron
www.rockman-dash.com/1125.jpg
#47Da DoodPosted 1/2/2013 12:58:02 PM
I'm fine with the ranking system as it was implemented. I just think it's kinda unfair to the players who don't care about their performance to read "SLUGGISH" or something every time they pause the game.

The EX Skills are fine, and I think it's nice that there's a reward for performing well.

I also think they could have been a little easier on us in the final stage... >.> The only Zero game that I bothered to 100P was Z4, and I promised myself it would be the last. 10 bosses + a whole stage, with a ton of requirements, in one sitting... that was just ridiculous.
---
And this time!
#48n00bsaib0tPosted 1/2/2013 8:27:29 PM
From Z2 on, you're really supposed to do what you can to first time, use the NG+ for your next run through.

No, you're obviously not supposed to use NG+ after a first play through where you do what you can. If you use Cyber Elfs they stay used in NG+, ifs not like they reset and you can try to do better, you'll always get low ranks.

The first three aren't THAT hard. I beat them without Cyber Elfs and averaged a B rank throughout all of them, and the first few levels of Z2&3 I stayed at A rank getting a couple EX skills. I just think its dumb not to get the EX skills, they are the Zero Series version of getting a boss' power like in the X series. X 5 and X 6 graded your performance too, but they didn't refuse to give me Grizzly Slash's weapon because my X was a B rank hunter.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#49Darkwing EXEPosted 1/3/2013 10:29:56 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
From Z2 on, you're really supposed to do what you can to first time, use the NG+ for your next run through.

No, you're obviously not supposed to use NG+ after a first play through where you do what you can. If you use Cyber Elfs they stay used in NG+, ifs not like they reset and you can try to do better, you'll always get low ranks.

I should rephrase that. I mean use the NG+ with the EX skills, E-tanks, Chips, Satellite Elves(Z3) and Parts(Z4). Even without the elves, you can still be much more powerful the second time.

The first three aren't THAT hard. I beat them without Cyber Elfs and averaged a B rank throughout all of them, and the first few levels of Z2&3 I stayed at A rank getting a couple EX skills. I just think its dumb not to get the EX skills, they are the Zero Series version of getting a boss' power like in the X series. X 5 and X 6 graded your performance too, but they didn't refuse to give me Grizzly Slash's weapon because my X was a B rank hunter.

That's how the Zero series it. It functions more on a reward system. They're not that hard to beat, but hard to master. It's like you're complain "Why can't X automatic get the Boot Part for beating Blizzard Buffalo, when Megaman gets Rush Jet from beating Needle Man? "
---
"That's the way it works. I, the star, take a beating; then muster uncommon strength, and win." -Haze Shenron
www.rockman-dash.com/1125.jpg
#50n00bsaib0tPosted 1/3/2013 11:06:10 AM
Yeah, you start with your leveled up weapons, elements, chips, EX abilities, Cyber Elfs, etc in NG+, I just can't see the average gamer getting through it without using Cyber Elfs for more energy. It wasn't an issue for me, and likely for several others on this board (including you, I'm sure) to do it the first time without Elfs, but if you use them the first time they will stop you from ever maxing out a save file. That was all I meant.

As for the comparison to the boot upgrade and Rush Jet, the boot upgrade is optional. Now in Mega Man 2, 4, 5 and 6 you sort of have a point, but in Mega Man 3 you 100% need Rush Jet, its not an option, it has to be given to you or you can't beat the game.

Still, I think there is a difference. The EX skills like the sword uppercut thing are exactly like what Zero got in the X series. A better comparison would be to the chips in Zero 3 where someone complains about not getting some of the chips because they have to find them (like the armors in X) although some of them are given to you. That Ultimate Foot Chip is almost game breaking though, and I'm sure now that I have it I'll have no issues A ranking all the stages and getting all the EX skills. From the sounds of it, Zero 4 has parts, I'm guessing those aren't just given to you either, right? And Zero 2 had the forms, also not given to you, you had to earn them.

I think the boss abilities are a Mega Man staple and beating the boss earns them. I like how Mega Man 7, 8 and & Bass made you find or buy your Rush upgrades instead of giving them to you. I like how X makes you find the armor pieces. I like how the Zero series has the forms and chips you have to find/unlock. What the Zero series does would be like saying "you beat Magnet Man, but you beat him too slow so you don't get Magnet Missiles. Good luck with Hard Man!".
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific