Dear Capcom: Here's how to really save Megaman

#1GreatTroySenseiPosted 12/28/2012 8:54:27 AM
A metroidvania. Make it an XBLA/PSN.Wiishop/3DS/Vita store title. A buddy of mine made mockups:

http://worldsworstdetective.deviantart.com/art/Mega-Man-20XX-342122946

This. He later admitted that 7 or 8 spritestyle would work better for level designs but... yeah. This. This'd sell like hotcakes. The story he had in mind was one to bridge 9 & X, by the by. The idea was such that the bad ending was that Megaman kills Wily, wherein the good ending, you get stopped by Zero's activation, and go back through another quest [ala SotN reverse castle] to get ready to face him.

It'd be sublime.
---
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.
#2GenjutsuCrowPosted 12/28/2012 9:11:40 AM
Or they could actually make another Mega man game without scrapping It.
Or make Legends 3, that can fix everything, ever, and cleanse them of their sins.
---
The official Waifu of N.
White 2 friend code: 0390 6599 5528
#3Damien 5000Posted 12/28/2012 11:36:49 AM
I neither trust fans, nor Capcom, with a story to bridge Mega Man's story with X's. I trust Inafune and only Inafune. And since Inafune is gone, I can only trust(haha... "trust") Capcom with some sequels with generic storylines, simply to pray they can at least get the gameplay right.

X8 wouldn't have even been that bad, if they'd simply made more than like, what? Four levels that were actually Mega Man-like?

Think about it. The ice stage was all on a motorcycle, the stage against the Manowar was all on a jet thingy, Burn Rooster's stage was almost completely just jumping from platform to platform, Trilobyte forces you to run away from the mechanaloid, and Optic Sunflower's stage is simply killing enemies under a time limit.

I would argue it was LESS fun than X7, but X7 was pretty garbage as well.
---
Everything feels better fresh out of the dryer. Even death would be nicer if it was dryer fresh.
-UnitOmega010
#4monkeypahngPosted 12/28/2012 12:09:42 PM
Knowing Capcom they'll probably make a platformer involving Box Art Mega Man.

YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAH! Street Fighter x Box Art Mega Man!
---
The console with the greater spec generally loses.
FC: 1719-3458-5336 Follow me on twitter @Jamyfang
#5Blitzoff1987Posted 12/28/2012 1:54:42 PM
They did that, it's called Megaman ZX advent.
---
I like sunday cartoons.
#6n00bsaib0tPosted 12/28/2012 3:22:46 PM
Damien 5000 posted...
I neither trust fans, nor Capcom, with a story to bridge Mega Man's story with X's. I trust Inafune and only Inafune. And since Inafune is gone, I can only trust(haha... "trust") Capcom with some sequels with generic storylines, simply to pray they can at least get the gameplay right.

X8 wouldn't have even been that bad, if they'd simply made more than like, what? Four levels that were actually Mega Man-like?

Think about it. The ice stage was all on a motorcycle, the stage against the Manowar was all on a jet thingy, Burn Rooster's stage was almost completely just jumping from platform to platform, Trilobyte forces you to run away from the mechanaloid, and Optic Sunflower's stage is simply killing enemies under a time limit.

I would argue it was LESS fun than X7, but X7 was pretty garbage as well.

The bike level was like Overdrive Ostrich's level in X 3 or Jet Stingray's level in X 4.

Jumping platform to platform while you are being chase up the screen by lava is like Flame Stag's level in X 2, the part after final Sigma in X 3, and in some ways like the fight with Phoenix in X 5. I think one of the Gate stages in X 6 did this too.

Running away from a mechanaloid is like the T-Rex in whatever stage it was in MM7, the intro stage in X 4, Duff McWhalen's stage in X 5, Infinity Mijinion's stage in X 6.

Killing enemies with a time limit has happened before, too I think. I can't think of anything off of the top of my head, but I know that there were stages in past games where you had to kill enemies in a certain amount of time to escape a room or you were killed.

Maybe you should play some of the older games before you start complaining.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#7Haseo18615Posted 12/28/2012 4:56:11 PM
GenjutsuCrow posted...
Or they could actually make another Mega man game without scrapping It.
Or make Legends 3, that can fix everything, ever, and cleanse them of their sins.

I agree with this guy.
---
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?-envoyofuno
#8GreatTroySensei(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 5:39:53 PM
- Legends 3 got cancelled post
- Nobody can fix Megaman post
- Let's talk about X series post
- Multiple sarcastic remarks about Capcom

Lulz, this fanbase. Wonder why we can't have nice things.
---
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.
#9monkeypahngPosted 12/28/2012 6:32:34 PM
GreatTroySensei posted...
- Legends 3 got cancelled post
- Nobody can fix Megaman post
- Let's talk about X series post
- Multiple sarcastic remarks about Capcom

Lulz, this fanbase. Wonder why we can't have nice things.

Capcom is the reason why we can't have nice things.
---
The console with the greater spec generally loses.
FC: 1719-3458-5336 Follow me on twitter @Jamyfang
#10Splatterhouse5Posted 12/29/2012 1:23:56 AM
Damien 5000 posted...
I neither trust fans, nor Capcom, with a story to bridge Mega Man's story with X's. I trust Inafune and only Inafune.

It's easy to get the wrong impression due to all the PR Inafune's done, but he's never directed or written the story for any Mega Man game.
---
Canon: the juvenile's way of looking at fiction.