ok so i've never really played a street fighter game

#1flyingace89Posted 12/31/2012 3:19:43 PM
well maybe once a long long time ago, but anyway
wasnt there some important guy named ken?
#2TrueDozenMarksPosted 12/31/2012 3:22:23 PM
Yeah, but he plays fairly similarly to Ryu, so it'd be a complete waste of a slot to include him along with Ryu.

Although fighting Ken instead of Ryu in the boss gauntlet would've been pretty damn awesome.
#3flyingace89(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2012 3:29:07 PM
ahhh okay
#4KamisamanoOtakuPosted 1/1/2013 8:19:41 AM
Ken also might have been nice to give players the Dragon Punch. X got it in Mega Man X2 and even removing its "One-hit kill" capacity, it would be pretty awesome. I am assuming that with the character selection already focused on fighters with diverse looks and styles, Ken just couldn't make the cut.

Maybe Capcom can design a console, perhaps even retail version that goes crazy by throwing in as many Street Fighters as possible and allowing you to customize your weapon pool each stage (a bit like that Genesis-only Wily Wars game)?
---
I like pie.
#5John_DanePosted 1/4/2013 9:53:39 PM
He got a shoryuken in X4 as well. It was the charged up version of the fire weapon, forgot the name of it. Anyway, the dude you kill to get the weapon actually says something like "shoryuken!" and "hadoken!" when he's fighting you, IIRC. It's been years.
#6n00bsaib0tPosted 1/5/2013 3:06:46 AM
Thats Rising Fire, and you get it from Magma Dragoon. He has all of Akuma's moves.

Also, even if its unintentional, it irks me when people say Ken plays similar to Ryu. They have a few moves that look similar, but they play nothing alike.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#7Jak7733Posted 1/5/2013 3:49:31 AM
Zero has the Shoryuken (as well as the Hurricane Kick) in X8 when he has the knuckle equipped. No where near as strong as in X2 and he doesn't say the attacks either (which is a shame because I really wanted to hear Zero say he would like some pound cake.)
---
What the hell is a Firioniel? Is that the cable that fits an iFrion? - ponosmcgee on Dissidia Final Fantasy
#8TrueDozenMarksPosted 1/5/2013 6:51:58 AM
He plays pretty damn similar in a broad sense, and is more than close enough to warrant him not getting in along with Ryu. Since this game basically boils down to bosses using special and Ultra attacks, what would be the big difference between Ryu and Ken here? Ken would charge across the screen kicking away for his Ultra instead of a slow fireball, and his uppercut would have fire on it. The rest would be pretty much identical to how Ryu plays in this game, given the mechanics.

I agree that in actual Street Fighter, they have pretty different playstyles, but a lot of that doesn't really mean squat for this game.
#9n00bsaib0tPosted 1/5/2013 6:57:09 AM
^I wasn't talking about if Ken was in SFxMM, I was talking about Ken in the Street Fighter series. Saying "Ken plays similarly to Ryu" means they play similarly. Seeing as you can't play as Ryu and Ken in SFxMM, I didn't think you were talking about SFxMM.

On that note, slow fire ball, a hurricane kick, kicking across the screen for your ultra... Ken would act closer to Chun Li. I'm drawing a blank, does Chun have the rising kicks in SFxMM? If so, there is your Dragon Punch parallel. There are two good reasons not to have Ken in SFxMM.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#10John_DanePosted 1/5/2013 10:23:59 PM(edited)
Ken does play similarly to Ryu. Not exactly, sure. But similarly, yes. It's not as big of a learning curve to play Ken if you can play Ryu, as to oppose playing Zangief or Balrog. At the "pro" level, hell if I know. But for the average joe picking up the game, they play similarly. I think you're being a little too pedantic.