Let's talk Mega Man fangames.

#11n00bsaib0tPosted 1/4/2013 1:57:31 PM
lol wikipedia

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/dec/31/free-street-fighter-x-mega-man-patch-expected-early-next-month-sven-discusses-rarity-capcoms-involvement-fan-made-game/

Fan games are amazing but all too often, unfortunately when our IP/legal group hears of such things, they must often shut them down to defend IP rights (lest we be in jeopardy of losing trademarks/copyrights in various territories).

More often than not, it is better that we not be officially aware of fan project of this nature. This was a very special case where I was able to make everything work out.

---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#12GothannPosted 1/4/2013 10:09:36 PM
What Sven basically said is "we don't want to know". Out of sight, out of mind.

Eclipse being on Windows 8, Steam and Android/OUYA seems like the most egregious error the devs could ever make. You can't release unofficial games on marketplaces without them being the immediate target of IP hawks, followed by the swiftest cease and desist order. I'd just be content to release the game on PC/Mac or use the engine to make a completely different game with new art assets.
---
Fair does not exist. Fair is a word from a world of happy fantasies.
#13Canucks97Posted 1/6/2013 5:35:20 PM
Gothann posted...
What Sven basically said is "we don't want to know". Out of sight, out of mind.

Eclipse being on Windows 8, Steam and Android/OUYA seems like the most egregious error the devs could ever make. You can't release unofficial games on marketplaces without them being the immediate target of IP hawks, followed by the swiftest cease and desist order. I'd just be content to release the game on PC/Mac or use the engine to make a completely different game with new art assets.

Makes sense i guess. But, what if they weren't planning on releasing to the android marketplace? Like, android can install apk's that aren't on the app store or whatever android calls it.
#14GothannPosted 1/7/2013 4:20:54 AM
That would be fine, actually. That still leaves Windows 8 and Steam as closed platforms that frown on copyright infringement. A simple PC release would cover the entire platform without the need for Steam and Windows 8...
---
Fair does not exist. Fair is a word from a world of happy fantasies.
#15JoeBudden42Posted 1/19/2013 3:35:49 PM
Wow thanks for letting me know about that Mega Man Perfect Harmony game.

Since I can't run SFxMM I played PH because I've been jonesing for Mega Man since hearing about this game and got my fix. Never heard of any of the games I might check some others out too. Props.
---
Canibus is the Greatest Rapper of All Time.
#16Dark_SilverXPosted 1/19/2013 4:19:37 PM
A lot of things on the Android Marketplace needs to be taken off. Like people selling emulators and roms for like 4 dollars.

There is also sounds for games on their that people didn't make. And they are being sold.
If Capcom wants to go after Eclipse, then they should help shut down the emulators being sold on there too.

At least Eclispe would be free of charge. There is s*** on there that is stolen and being sold.
---
Carmine is a beast. No matter how many times he dies.
http://i.imgur.com/FrZIT.jpg
#17n00bsaib0tPosted 1/19/2013 4:49:24 PM
^the "oid" emulators (NESoid, GBCoid, Gameboid, N64oid, Gensoid, Gearoid, SNESoid) were all removed. Get enough people to report them and Google will take the app down.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#18VlashkgbrPosted 1/20/2013 12:24:17 PM
is any one of those fangames playable at all? if so can anyone provide a download link?
#19Dark_SilverXPosted 1/20/2013 1:27:13 PM
Vlashkgbr posted...
is any one of those fangames playable at all? if so can anyone provide a download link?

Chrono X is the best thing ever

Feels like a true sequel to MMBN6. Go get the demo!
---
Carmine is a beast. No matter how many times he dies.
http://i.imgur.com/FrZIT.jpg
#20VlashkgbrPosted 1/20/2013 6:56:26 PM
Dark_SilverX posted...
Vlashkgbr posted...

Chrono X is the best thing ever

Feels like a true sequel to MMBN6. Go get the demo!

damn, the fangame of one of the series I despise the most :(

no Megaman X or Megaman playable fangame?