Probably already canon, but...

#1Damien 5000Posted 1/5/2013 3:53:43 AM
I was thinking the other day "Why doesn't X keep his Fourth Armor after each game?" and then, replaying X6(A game I hardly ever touch... Ever.) Alia mentions that Falcon Armor took some damage, and that it can't fly anymore. And then it hit me.

The game's don't magically delete the armor. The fight between X and Sigma wasn't pretty. X is probably really messed up after each game. Like, hardly alive. Once the repairs are finally over, X has probably lost all circuits relevant to special weapons, as well as the armor upgrades, simply because they were destroyed in the Sigma fights.

Thoughts?
---
Everything feels better fresh out of the dryer. Even death would be nicer if it was dryer fresh.
-UnitOmega010
#2n00bsaib0tPosted 1/5/2013 4:29:10 AM
I was under the impression that most of the armors were non-canon.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#3The Top CrusaderPosted 1/5/2013 11:46:59 AM
They need to make Mega Man 11 where right off the bat you have all the weapons from all previous games, so you could just scroll through pages of weapons for hours on end.
---
----
-----
#4CreepGnomePosted 1/5/2013 11:49:48 AM
They need to make Mega Man 11 where right off the bat you have all the weapons from all previous games, so you could just scroll through pages of weapons for hours on end.

"Out of Metal Blade? Guess I'll switch to the Shadow Blades then..."
"Oh god I used up all of the good shields, all I have left is Leaf Shield!"
"I only have MM5 weapons left? Might as well game over to get the good weapons refilled."
---
Ma-shi-nuh, because there's no such thing as a "correct" way to pronounce things.-zero7717 on pronunciation of Machina
http://i.imgur.com/eJDEa.png
#5Splatterhouse5Posted 1/5/2013 2:06:43 PM
I don't think there's much need to rationalize something that's obviously due to game design, but the idea that the armors are damaged beyond repair is reasonable. X doesn't look too torn up in the endings of the first three games, however, and in the rest of the series, he has multiple armors and doesn't even necessarily fight Sigma. X5 takes the perspective that X beat General while Zero fought Sigma, though of course there's no such thing as canon.
---
Canon: the juvenile's way of looking at fiction.
#6Dark_SilverXPosted 1/5/2013 3:19:13 PM
Splatterhouse5 posted...
I don't think there's much need to rationalize something that's obviously due to game design, but the idea that the armors are damaged beyond repair is reasonable. X doesn't look too torn up in the endings of the first three games, however, and in the rest of the series, he has multiple armors and doesn't even necessarily fight Sigma. X4 takes the perspective that X beat General while Zero fought Sigma, though of course there's no such thing as canon.

fixed it for you

General was NOT in X5!!! >:(
---
Carmine is a beast. No matter how many times he dies.
http://i.imgur.com/FrZIT.jpg
#7CreepGnomePosted 1/5/2013 4:06:31 PM
Splatterhouse5 posted...
I don't think there's much need to rationalize something that's obviously due to game design, but the idea that the armors are damaged beyond repair is reasonable. X doesn't look too torn up in the endings of the first three games, however, and in the rest of the series, he has multiple armors and doesn't even necessarily fight Sigma. X4 takes the perspective that X beat General while Zero fought Sigma, though of course there's no such thing as canon.

fixed it for you

No, I'm pretty sure you made his post incorrect. According to X5, X4 ended with X fighting General while Zero fought Sigma.
---
Ma-shi-nuh, because there's no such thing as a "correct" way to pronounce things.-zero7717 on pronunciation of Machina
http://i.imgur.com/eJDEa.png
#8Damien 5000(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 4:14:08 PM
CreepGnome posted...
Splatterhouse5 posted...

fixed it for you

No, I'm pretty sure you made his post incorrect. According to X5, X4 ended with X fighting General while Zero fought Sigma.

When does X5 say that?

Speaking of X5... For the last game of the series, I really feel like X5 is the easiest.
---
Everything feels better fresh out of the dryer. Even death would be nicer if it was dryer fresh.
-UnitOmega010
#9Splatterhouse5Posted 1/5/2013 6:51:51 PM
If you wait until The Skiver's totally infected, he'll flip out on X over General's death. As for Zero and Sigma, their conversations in X5 refer back to the one they had before fighting in X4.

I think X2 was the easiest of the games for me.
---
Canon: the juvenile's way of looking at fiction.
#10The_CPoCPosted 1/5/2013 9:19:23 PM
The Top Crusader posted...

While I don't know what the explanation for X is, I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same as with the original Mega Man. But, ya, the canonical reason the weapons don't carry over in the original series is because Mega Man doesn't like violence, so he purposely gets rid of the weapons after he no longer needs them.
---
Official Adam Warlock of the Marvel vs Capcom 3 boards