Probably already canon, but...

#11Damien 5000(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 9:36:24 PM
The_CPoC posted...
The Top Crusader posted...
They need to make Mega Man 11 where right off the bat you have all the weapons from all previous games, so you could just scroll through pages of weapons for hours on end.

While I don't know what the explanation for X is, I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same as with the original Mega Man. But, ya, the canonical reason the weapons don't carry over in the original series is because Mega Man doesn't like violence, so he purposely gets rid of the weapons after he no longer needs them.

Was that stated after or before the comics?
---
Everything feels better fresh out of the dryer. Even death would be nicer if it was dryer fresh.
-UnitOmega010
#12n00bsaib0tPosted 1/6/2013 1:02:32 AM
I'm pretty sure the X games only ditch the previous weapons as a game play mechanic. Think back to the fight between X and Zero in X 5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T11EffLzrfg
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#13zeigmanPosted 1/6/2013 8:57:52 AM
"For the last game of the series, I really feel like X5 is the easiest."

Obvious bait aside....

X8 is the last in the X series. Besides that X4 is probably the easiest.
#14Damien 5000(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 12:50:23 PM
zeigman posted...
"For the last game of the series, I really feel like X5 is the easiest."

Obvious bait aside....

X8 is the last in the X series. Besides that X4 is probably the easiest.

Meh, I should've labeled it "supposed." Even though they made more after, at the time, X5 was written to be the last game.
---
Everything feels better fresh out of the dryer. Even death would be nicer if it was dryer fresh.
-UnitOmega010
#15Darkwing EXEPosted 1/6/2013 8:26:00 PM
Damien 5000 posted...
The_CPoC posted...
They need to make Mega Man 11 where right off the bat you have all the weapons from all previous games, so you could just scroll through pages of weapons for hours on end.

While I don't know what the explanation for X is, I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same as with the original Mega Man. But, ya, the canonical reason the weapons don't carry over in the original series is because Mega Man doesn't like violence, so he purposely gets rid of the weapons after he no longer needs them.

I don't think you'll find it stated out loud in the games, but it's implied that Megaman discards the weapons he gains for personally reasons. The recent comics are surprisingly faithful to the game's canon.
---
"That's the way it works. I, the star, take a beating; then muster uncommon strength, and win." -Haze Shenron
www.rockman-dash.com/1125.jpg
#16KamisamanoOtakuPosted 1/6/2013 9:35:33 PM
Don't remember what is canon, but I would prefer if they just made it a limitation of Mega Man's ability to copy weapons to begin with; copied designs eventually deteriorate. I mean, it isn't even an exact copy but Rock's systems copying to the best of their ability, and in some games it seems pretty different.

Doesn't explain why the various Rush modes get forgotten, though. =P
---
I like pie.
#17Damien 5000(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 11:51:46 PM
Darkwing EXE posted...
Damien 5000 posted...
The_CPoC posted...

I don't think you'll find it stated out loud in the games, but it's implied that Megaman discards the weapons he gains for personally reasons. The recent comics are surprisingly faithful to the game's canon.

I have every issue so far, haha. Love 'em.
---
-UnitOmega010
#18Darkwing EXEPosted 1/7/2013 3:31:05 PM(edited)
KamisamanoOtaku posted...
Don't remember what is canon, but I would prefer if they just made it a limitation of Mega Man's ability to copy weapons to begin with; copied designs eventually deteriorate. I mean, it isn't even an exact copy but Rock's systems copying to the best of their ability, and in some games it seems pretty different.

Doesn't explain why the various Rush modes get forgotten, though. =P

That's the puzzling part. The games don't specify how they take a power from bosses. In some versions him (and X) copy the weapons by taking circuits and/or data chips from them. Others say they absorb or scan the data.
If it's the latter, it makes some sense that the weapon data is temporary. But the former makes them as bad as Lan, who always loses his big box of super rare battle chips between each BN game.

As for as Rush forgetting his other modes, it just means Rush isn't very bright.

I have every issue so far, haha. Love 'em.
I haven't been following it that closely, but it is very good from what I've seen. I can't wait for the crossover.

V
http://www.themmnetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/mm2502.jpg
---
"That's the way it works. I, the star, take a beating; then muster uncommon strength, and win." -Haze Shenron
www.rockman-dash.com/1125.jpg
#19CreepGnomePosted 1/7/2013 6:12:08 PM
As for as Rush forgetting his other modes, it just means Rush isn't very bright.

I think it's not much of a stretch to assume that Rush gets re-modeled between the games and the unneeded modes are simply removed.
---
Ma-shi-nuh, because there's no such thing as a "correct" way to pronounce things.-zero7717 on pronunciation of Machina
http://i.imgur.com/eJDEa.png
#20n00bsaib0tPosted 1/7/2013 8:30:56 PM

I think it's not much of a stretch to assume that Rush gets re-modeled between the games and the unneeded modes are simply removed.

"This Rush Jet model is almost too good, it should be harder to defeat Wily... I'm going to make it always move foreword with little up/down movement instead of Rock having complete control." -Dr Thomas Light

Seems legit.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile