Probably already canon, but...

#21KamisamanoOtakuPosted 1/9/2013 10:03:18 AM
Darkwing EXE posted...
But the former makes them as bad as Lan, who always loses his big box of super rare battle chips between each BN game.

Actually, if it is like in the real world, all his old stuff is probably obsolete.

"Thanks for upgrading my PET Dad! Aw man, new firmware again? Looks like all I can afford is the old standbys again. Good-bye Muramasa 3.5, hello... Sword 4.0." -_-

For Rush there really isn't a good explanation. Considering they like rewarding you with Rush Modes, I am wondering if the old Rush Adapter suit ideas should be revived, but have Rush's forms reflect boss characteristics: Rush is "scanning" bosses for modes like Mega Man "scans" them for weapons. So using a retro example, beating Gyro Man would give you the Flight Adapter, beating someone like Gutsman would give you the Power Adapter, and new Adapters might be available for beating appropriate bosses.
---
I like pie.
#22n00bsaib0tPosted 1/9/2013 10:38:04 AM
For Rush there really isn't a good explanation. Considering they like rewarding you with Rush Modes, I am wondering if the old Rush Adapter suit ideas should be revived, but have Rush's forms reflect boss characteristics: Rush is "scanning" bosses for modes like Mega Man "scans" them for weapons. So using a retro example, beating Gyro Man would give you the Flight Adapter, beating someone like Gutsman would give you the Power Adapter, and new Adapters might be available for beating appropriate bosses.

I would actually buy a Mega Man game where Mega Man didn't get any powers but got 8 Rush Adapters like this, its a good idea. Actually, its almost reminiscent of Zero 3 where beating one of the ice bosses gave you the no sliding foot chip, one that was mobile gave you the double jump chip, one of the water ones let you jump on top of water, etc.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#23KamisamanoOtakuPosted 1/13/2013 2:02:46 PM
To be fair, I had hoped for both; you get one weapon and one adapter per boss defeated in this way.

Now, I am also down with just having adapters (basically Mega Man and Rush together copy the boss).

If both were done it might over complicate things, though if we were allowed to mix and match Adapter with Weapon... imagine how much play potential that would create (assuming the game wasn't made too easy or otherwise ruined by it =P).

I would also be open to a choice of one or the other (yet another way to shake up the formula without erasing it. XD).
---
I like pie.
#24CreepGnomePosted 1/13/2013 2:56:19 PM
To be fair, I had hoped for both; you get one weapon and one adapter per boss defeated in this way.

Now, I am also down with just having adapters (basically Mega Man and Rush together copy the boss).

If both were done it might over complicate things, though if we were allowed to mix and match Adapter with Weapon... imagine how much play potential that would create (assuming the game wasn't made too easy or otherwise ruined by it =P).

I would also be open to a choice of one or the other (yet another way to shake up the formula without erasing it. XD).

Maybe 4 Adapters and 4 boss weapons? Allow the boss weapons to interact with the adapters in unique ways, and you might be on to something.
---
Ma-shi-nuh, because there's no such thing as a "correct" way to pronounce things.-zero7717 on pronunciation of Machina
http://i.imgur.com/eJDEa.png
#25x_tremechaosPosted 1/14/2013 3:32:08 PM
The reason why X doesn't keep the armor upgrades or any of the weapons he took from the enemy Mavericks is because HE IS A PACIFIST BY NATURE. At the end of each game, he probably deletes the weapon data and his special armor specs so they can't be replicated somehow in case someone like Sigma comes back. And besides, at the end of each game the fighting is over and peace is restored. He wants to maintain peace and eventually see that there is no more fighting, and the first steps to that in his mind are probably to deal with any threats to the public (the Mavericks) and then get rid of the weapons after they are all gone because he doesn't need them anymore (for the time being).

Trying to maintain peace by holding a gun to everyone's head is not real peace, and if X didn't remove the weapon data between each game, wouldn't you assume that some scientist would try to take X's memory and replicate all of that information to create robots based off of that (like in Mega Man Zero)? At worst, the public would probably think X is a Maverick waiting to be unleashed because he was able to destroy the Mavericks that originally caused trouble.

Playing Mega Man Zero 1 a lot made me realize, the foot soldiers are essentially simple reploids made with the specs of X. They had his energy buster and the final boss was X's body itself, Giga Armor and all. The Resistance didn't really have weapons that could damage them and were almost wiped out had it not been for Ciel who used Passy to reactivate Zero so that he could fight back and save them.

So tl;dr version, X really does not want his weapons to fall into the wrong hands, Mega Man Zero gives a good example of what happens when such happens, and humanity would be doomed if X ever felt the need to go on a massacre.
---
SoulSilver Nuzlocke Team: Blaze (Quilava), Rascacielo (Pidgeot), BoPeep (Ampharos), Vash (Tauros), Cielo Luce (Togetic), Sabata (Eevee)
#26DarkFoxVPosted 1/14/2013 4:12:47 PM
x_tremechaos posted...
The reason why X doesn't keep the armor upgrades or any of the weapons he took from the enemy Mavericks is because HE IS A PACIFIST BY NATURE. At the end of each game, he probably deletes the weapon data and his special armor specs so they can't be replicated somehow in case someone like Sigma comes back. And besides, at the end of each game the fighting is over and peace is restored. He wants to maintain peace and eventually see that there is no more fighting, and the first steps to that in his mind are probably to deal with any threats to the public (the Mavericks) and then get rid of the weapons after they are all gone because he doesn't need them anymore (for the time being).

Trying to maintain peace by holding a gun to everyone's head is not real peace, and if X didn't remove the weapon data between each game, wouldn't you assume that some scientist would try to take X's memory and replicate all of that information to create robots based off of that (like in Mega Man Zero)? At worst, the public would probably think X is a Maverick waiting to be unleashed because he was able to destroy the Mavericks that originally caused trouble.

Playing Mega Man Zero 1 a lot made me realize, the foot soldiers are essentially simple reploids made with the specs of X. They had his energy buster and the final boss was X's body itself, Giga Armor and all. The Resistance didn't really have weapons that could damage them and were almost wiped out had it not been for Ciel who used Passy to reactivate Zero so that he could fight back and save them.

So tl;dr version, X really does not want his weapons to fall into the wrong hands, Mega Man Zero gives a good example of what happens when such happens, and humanity would be doomed if X ever felt the need to go on a massacre.

This, he's been this way since X1. Glad to see someone explain it.

As for Battle Network and Starforce. It's actually pretty easy to explain away. Like in the real world, devices, OSes, and Software all changes overtime. As this happens, old chips and programs are no longer compatible and Virus grow stronger and eventually immune to the old battle chips/cards. Although with BN, it also stated each game that Lan simply loses his chips.

For SF it's compatibility issues, heck it seems Geo's friend list gets deleted every upgrade. The same is probably the case for his cards being useless/lost after every game. With SF3 being the Grand Finale, he pretty much no longer needs to power up ever again and Omegais is more then capable of flying back home (and probably did eventually).
---
"Legends never die"
#27KamisamanoOtakuPosted 1/15/2013 6:44:45 PM
x_tremechaos posted...

This... doesn't make much sense.

How does law and government work? The government is actually allowed to enforce the law through force (which includes punishment). This becomes a problem when the government is corrupt, or the law is not true law (e.g. what is "right" and "good").

True peace is a only worth discussion as a religious notion; the idea that everyone is willingly behaving all the time? That's heaven. Nirvana. Whatever label you wish to give it, and it requires the supernatural. In the real world, there will be those who will commit acts of evil, and the rest of us are allowed to defend ourselves and others from it. It isn't always an easy to know when to draw the line, but that is how it works.

I haven't played Mega Man Zero... so I researched it. It doesn't sound like Copy X was all about copying X with all of his weapon data, unless you consider the "Mother Elf" and later "Dark Elf" weapon data. Especially when it was supposed to be "real" X and not "Copy X", it seems like it was more X's pacifism made him think he had a right to override an individual's liberty. Then to beat Copy X, they had to dig out Zero because he was like what X used to be. That is, Copy X (and those behind him) accepted the idea of "Peace through tyranny."

So what if all reploids did have X's capacity? Or even part of it? Humanity suffers unless they can device technology to match (when a Reploid does evil, not when they do good), but in the end it is much easier to fight off the tyrannical rule of Copy X. Unless of course Copy X, as part of a story requirement (e.g. not because of logic but because of necessity to the plot) so powerful that wouldn't work.

Personally I think Mega Man X games would be pretty much impossible if, even as fully powered X, I faced an armor of regular "X". Eventually, X would run out of Subtanks and succumb to the barrage of attacks. So mainstreaming X's abilities at this point reduces the risk of tyranny, even if only because you're turning many would-be tyrants against themselves.

X deleting his acquired abilities and dismantling his armors makes it easier for someone to kidnap him and... oh yeah, copy his technology as per the supposed justification. It also leaves him less prepared to fight of threats that it has been established, and could be why only he is able to fight them off. Yes, it would make Maverick's more dangerous if they also had X's abilities... but is that worth denying others the ability to defend themselves?

If X is deleting his weapons and ditching his armor not because he's a pacifist but because he simply does not trust himself... he's doing the right thing! Deleting it to prevent others from learning how to replicate his abilities while also making himself less able to fight against the threats he has so far proven the only match for isn't all that noble.
---
I like pie.
#28Splatterhouse5Posted 1/16/2013 10:31:08 AM
I will lay down my bubble gun, because I don't want to encourage violence, but keep my lethal plasma cannon.
---
Canon: the juvenile's way of looking at fiction.