Question about requirements for secrets *spoilers*

#1ARTEMlSPosted 1/22/2013 8:24:09 AM
So to fight Sagat you have to get 4 perfects in the boss rush.

And in order to fight Akuma you have to get 4 perfects for beating a boss at the end of a stage (i.e.the first eight and Boxer/Claw).

So my question: If I get a perfect during the last fight of the boss rush, does it count towards both Sagat and Akuma?
---
You won't find adobe here in Nairobi.
#2ARTEMlS(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 11:30:39 AM
And I heard Akuma's damage output got nerfed. I sincerely hope not.
---
#3WazzupGenius00Posted 1/22/2013 9:10:44 PM
Boss rush perfects didn't count toward Akuma in v1 so I assume they don't here either.
---
yay
#4ARTEMlS(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 3:50:28 AM
I'm just talking about the eighth and final one in the boss rush - whoever it may be. I heard something like he would count towards Akuma as well.
---
#5ARTEMlS(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 3:42:07 AM
I tried it with getting exactly 4 perfects from Chun Li (in her stage), Boxer, Claw and Dhalsim (being the last of the eight in the boss rush) and I fought Akuma. Therefore the last of the boss rush fights indeed counts and so it should be possible to fight both Sagat and Akuma with only 7 perfects altogether.

But Akuma really felt somewhat easier in this version. Did they really nerf him (as someone on YouTube told)?
---
#6ARTEMlS(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 7:47:51 AM(edited)
Okay, summarizing in order to fight Sagat and Akuma you have to get 4 perfects from the following fights:

Sagat:
- Balrog
- Vega
- the boss rush battles

Akuma:
- the initial 8
- Balrog
- Vega
- the final one in the boss rush
- Sagat

Therefore, it is possible to fight both with only 5 perfects altogether. I started right at the final stages and tested whether you still can get Akuma and it's indeed possible because Sagat does count towards Akuma. You can get the perfect, then lose to Bison and then beat them both without a perfect and still get Akuma. However, I didn't test what happens if you use a continue after getting the perfect from Sagat.

And did I just beat Sagat, Bison and Akuma with a single life only using one E-tank right before finishing Sagat...?
---
#7n00bsaib0tPosted 1/26/2013 11:01:11 AM
And did I just beat Sagat, Bison and Akuma with a single life only using one E-tank right before finishing Sagat...?

With some good luck from the RNG that's entirely possible, especially considering you can't use an e-tank against Akuma and Bison is still easy after the buffs.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#8WazzupGenius00Posted 1/30/2013 8:30:55 AM
Hmm, so if you can get a perfect against Sagat, lose to Bison, and then non-perfect Sagat and the first one still counts toward Akuma, I wonder if you could get multiple Perfects off of Sagat by losing to Bison repeatedly.
---
yay
#9ARTEMlS(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 9:32:02 AM
That's a good question.

However, here is some more information:

You can continue as much as you want if you want to fight Akuma. Even if you lose to Bison after perfecting Sagat, and then use a continue, the aforementioned perfect still counts. However, against Sagat you cannot use continues as soon as you obtained your first perfect towards him (but you can use continues before this).

Also notable is that if you get a perfect from Bison while having 3 perfects towards Akuma, you will not fight Akuma, but you will get the "better ending". After the credits I got the cheat code for Guile's theme. IIRC you only are supposed to get that after beating Akuma, aren't you?

So the only remaining question I can think of right now is WazzupGenius's?
---
#10ARTEMlS(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 10:49:22 AM
I tested it. You can indeed get more than one perfect from Sagat counting towards Akuma.
---