This game is way too hardware hungry

#1squall_alphaPosted 1/22/2013 9:54:24 AM
I was trying to play this on my old PC back at my parents home, but this game is completely unplayable.
Slow as hell and even freezes for a second every time a keyboard input is made.

That's... horrible.

I know this desktop PC is old and all, but it runs PS1 and N64 emulators at 60FPS!

It's scary how hardware hungry this game is, considering it is essentially a NES game (complexity and graphics), with just slightly better audio...
#2Dark_SilverXPosted 1/22/2013 11:28:00 AM
It's because of what this game was created with. The game is made with game maker and that program is terrible on a lot of PCs
---
Carmine is a beast. No matter how many times he dies.
http://i.imgur.com/FrZIT.jpg
#3n00bsaib0tPosted 1/22/2013 11:33:33 AM
Oh look, its this thread again.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#4NintendoDudeGuyPosted 1/22/2013 1:31:10 PM
Version 2 has seemingly fixed my problem of the game suddenly going "lol I'm half speed now for a while for no reason!" Two playthroughs and it didn't happen.
---
"Please... never do anything as crazy as that again...."
"...I'll think about it."
#5squall_alpha(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 6:30:15 PM
Well I disabled all the nVidia stuff on my old PC (filtering, smoothening and whatnot), put 16bit color depth instead of 32bit, and selected "disable windows theme" on this game's .exe properties and now the game runs absolutely fine.

I just made it to Vega and he's kicking my ###
#6whirowPosted 1/22/2013 8:23:25 PM
Just to mention, my PC is Duo Core, 2.0ghz, 3g Ram, Windows XP pack 3 and a graphic card I bought back in 2007
Runs perfectly fine, I can't understand how the newer and more powerful PCs some of the people here have can't run the game…
---
Scrub Mentality: When you lose, its either: Lag, Opponent Character is Broken, Spam. Remember, it is never your own damn fault
#7XCWarriorPosted 1/22/2013 8:33:40 PM
You can buy a cruddy PC for like $300 that should play this. Tell someone to upgrade their machine for crying out loud.
---
Be certain to hold down thy RESET button even as thou dost switch off thy magic box, lest thy journey be lost forever!" -Ultima 2:Quest of the Avatar ~~~Guido
#8n00bsaib0tPosted 1/23/2013 5:52:01 AM
Whats truly pathetic is that this has easily been discussed 15 times here, if not more, in the month the game has been out and people like you saying "upgrade your machines" can't wrap your tiny brains around the fact that games made with Game Maker aren't compatible with every processor. S***, try and pay attention, even Capcom themselves acknowledged this when they announced v2.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#9Hotel_SecurityPosted 1/23/2013 10:37:24 AM
You can buy a cruddy PC for like $300 that should play this. Tell someone to upgrade their machine for crying out loud.

Exactly. it's ridiculous that folks have PCs that can't run this. If they can't run this, then they can't run most games.
#10n00bsaib0tPosted 1/23/2013 12:36:45 PM

Exactly. it's ridiculous that folks have PCs that can't run this. If they can't run this, then they can't run most games.

Its a god damn epidemic. I should try and get mod status so I can ban kids like you who refuse to educate yourselves before typing.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific