How to reset the damn Key configurations?

#1anonymous4everPosted 2/4/2013 11:31:22 PM(edited)
I somehow hosed my keyboard settings, and I can't figure out how to load the game with default settings.

I even tried downloading again, and it still will NOT recognize my keyboard.

This is my second time attempting to play this game, and I'm still having issues even with this new version.

Capcom should have just polished this turd and released in via the different console download services. I would rather pay money for something that is intuitive and works than something free and frustratingly tedious to set up.
#2anonymous4ever(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 11:50:15 PM
Let me correct my previous post. The only key recognized is escape, then I get to stare at a "do you want to quit? y/n" prompt until I kill the damn game via task manager because none of the other keys are responsive.

What a crap piece of coding.
#3n00bsaib0tPosted 2/5/2013 1:00:36 AM
Delete the key config file in the directory with the game to reset your settings.

And do you have v2? If not, get it at the same place you got the game initially, Capcom Unity.

It sounds like you have the no input bug, and that was fixed in v2. The bug was caused by having something unsupported plugged in. IE if you had a Dualshock 3 plugged in then only ESC would work. If you unplugged it and started the game again, everything would work fine. Make sure that isn't your problem.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#4anonymous4ever(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 1:19:33 AM
That's probably it then. I'm attempting to use a dual shock 2 plugged into a USB converter.
#5n00bsaib0tPosted 2/5/2013 1:31:51 AM
Depending on your converter, it should work. Like I said, make sure you have v2. My brother has been using a Dualshock 2 since v1 with it. What you could try is xpadder or joytokey. Start the game with the controller unplugged so it doesn't pick up the controller, then plug in the Dualshock 2 and and your keyboard spoofing program. Joytokey and xpadder are programs that let you press a button on a controller and have it press a keyboard button.

This is how I was playing v1 with a Dualshock 3, except I used motioninjoy (it's specifically designed for Dualshock 3s).
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#6anonymous4ever(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 1:43:25 AM(edited)
I am using V2, selected gamepad in the options menu, but none of the buttons seem to function. I'll try xpadder later on it should work. I've used it before with good results.

Also my converter is an older one that supports PS2/GC/Xbox controllers. It was designed for Windows XP systems. The manufacturer is defunct now and there hasn't been any driver updates for years. I just plugged it in on a whim a while back and Windows 7 installed some generic USB hub driver. Windows recognizes the PS2 controller all the buttons and analog sticks seem to work and it calibrates fine.
#7n00bsaib0tPosted 2/5/2013 1:39:29 AM
If you select gamepad in options and the buttons don't work then your controller (converter, in this case) isn't supported. It does support PS3 and 360 controllers though, being 2013 that's probably safe to throw out there. PS3 doesn't work natively, you need motioninjoy. 360 controllers have drivers to install and they work like any other game pad.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
#8anonymous4ever(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 1:46:23 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
If you select gamepad in options and the buttons don't work then your controller (converter, in this case) isn't supported. It does support PS3 and 360 controllers though, being 2013 that's probably safe to throw out there. PS3 doesn't work natively, you need motioninjoy. 360 controllers have drivers to install and they work like any other game pad.

I'll also try motioninjoy later on. I didn't know there was a way to get PS3 controllers working in windows. Plugged it in one time just for fun and it didn't work so I really never pursued it further.
#9n00bsaib0tPosted 2/5/2013 2:11:43 AM
It's pretty easy, install motioninjoy and plug in your Dualshock 3 (or Sixaxis) and run motioninjoy. Go to drivers and select "install drivers", then select how you want the controller to work (as PS3, 360, keyboard, etc) and click enable. When you try to use it now it will register as a controller, and SFxMM can detect it as of v2. For games that don't support it, motioninjoy negates the need for xpadder by having it's own built in keyboard functions. You can also do mouse movements with it. I have the right analog stick set to mouse movement while pressing R3 acts as left clicking for DS emulation.

Oh, and you can have it split too. You can set certain buttons to be controller buttons, certain buttons as keys, and certain things as the mouse.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
#10anonymous4ever(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 6:47:02 PM
I finally got my PS3 controller working with motioninjoy. This game is now finally playable for me lol.

Thanks for the advice.