Ugh! This game's control setup has just made this game unplayable for me. TWICE!

#10_Kado_0Posted 3/5/2013 9:40:28 AM
So, the first version of this game rolls around. I'm not quite sure what happened, but I think I forgot to set the controls for the directional buttons somehow and quit right after cause I had to go to work. I come back to the game at a later date and now I can't play it because the arrow keys don't work making it impossible to choose a level so I can access the control setup through the start menu during play. Can't find a keyconfig file anywhere, either. So I give up.

So version 2 rolls along and I'm like "Oh cool, I'll download this one and delete the old one so I can finally play it!" I just received a new adapter in the mail that allows me to use my Wii Classic Controller Pro on my PC through the USB port. I haven't had any problems with it working with other games so far. So I go into the control options of SSxMMv2 and change the controls to "Gamepad". 'Lo and behold, the game doesn't recognize that a gamepad is plugged in and now, without a gamepad, I can't navigate the menu to get back to the control options and switch it back to keyboard or even select a level. And hitting F3 won't revert the controls back to Keyboard either. So I'm out of luck once again.

How could they screw this up so badly?
---
3DS FC: 1246 - 8711 - 0073
Wii U ID: SPR_255
#2KamisamanoOtakuPosted 3/5/2013 2:52:35 PM
*reads preceding post*

Many have had issues, but it kind of sounds like you are screwing things up or making them more complicated.

For one thing, the game controls don't use the arrow keys at all; by default "A" is left, "W" is up, "S" is down, and "D" is right.
---
I like pie.