Is this game worth playing?

#1MajinBalthierPosted 4/13/2013 12:01:53 PM
I'm a big fan of Mega Man in general. Two questions:

-Does it have controller support?

-Is it excessively difficult, as I've heard?

I still have to play through Rockman 8 FC, but haven't due to the spotty controller support and high difficulty...
---
www.coronajumper.com - The greatest retro gaming blog on the internet.
#2KeeperOfShadowsPosted 4/18/2013 6:12:34 PM
From what I understand, you can use a controller to play this game.

As for difficulty. When I did my first blind run I found some stages a little difficult, but no more than any other MM game's stages. The real difficulty comes from the bosses. Unlike regular robot masters, they all have at least 3-4 techniques that they use quite randomly(some less random than others).

After a couple playthroughs though, it gets really easy, imo. So much so that I can beat the entire game(including both secret bosses) in less than an hour.
---
Feel free to apply sarcasm tags if you didn't like my post.
#3hergmanPosted 4/21/2013 9:53:44 AM
depends if you CAN play it

the game is dependent on certain specific processors, so the power of your computer is not a factor but the brand is.

i know i can't play it because my processor is not compatible. all it does is make button presses have a huge delay in them (10 seconds to shoot once), being unresponsive and plain old doesn't work.
---
Giovanni : hahaha
Im the caid of my shoes and i control every toe-nail in it.
#4SWBF2PilotPosted 5/5/2013 2:46:44 AM(edited)
The level where you have to beat all 8 bosses in a row on only 3 lives is a little rough because the bosses don't have a set pattern, so it's not as easy to just memorize what they do and blow through them all. Vega's level and the boss himself were pretty annoying until I got used to them. Besides that though it's actually easier than the regular mega man series. And yes it supports a controller.
---
"Siegfried: He has no need for words, he speaks with whiffs." - Wandrian
Official General of the Fire Emblem: Awakening Boards