WTF?! Only 1 Limit Break?!

#1Tsuna-DecimoPosted 1/1/2013 8:08:10 AM
I am playing NG++ now, and I didn't receive the 2nd Limit Break. Can anyone confirm this? There is no point for playing NG++ then, other than maxing stats.
---
Learn to use the Search Bar before making a new thread. Thanks.
#2xTopWarmachinexPosted 1/1/2013 2:11:11 PM
Unfortunately it looks that way. I have been trying to hex edit the save file to add another "Limit Break" augment but cannot figure out where the checksum value is located to prevent the file from becoming corrupt.

If anyone has any information with regards to the checksum location it would be much appreciated.
#3Tsuna-Decimo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2013 5:16:23 PM
SO the checksum file specified the number of Limit Break at 1? Seems like it requires luck to defeat Proto-Babil now.
---
#4xTopWarmachinexPosted 1/1/2013 5:42:59 PM
I believe I have located the CRC for each save location in the "save.bin" file. I do not however know how it is calculated. It appears to be similar to a CRC 32 format. I also know the range of data that is checked with the said CRC.

I am still new to the whole save editing world. I anyone has any input it would be much appreciated. I would like to learn more about how to hex edit saves.
#5solosnakePosted 1/2/2013 8:02:07 AM
I never played all the way through the ds version. What is the limit break you guys are referring to?
---
"Even if a pawn becomes a queen, it's still just a playing piece."
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8953172273825999151
#6JJCTroyPosted 1/2/2013 8:15:37 AM
^

It's a "Limit Break" augment that allows whoever has it equipped to bypass the 9,999 damage mark.

I remember there being two of those in the DS version and have no idea what the TC is referring to. If there is only one, that truly is a let down.
#7Tsuna-Decimo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 9:16:41 AM
JJCTroy posted...
^

It's a "Limit Break" augment that allows whoever has it equipped to bypass the 9,999 damage mark.

I remember there being two of those in the DS version and have no idea what the TC is referring to. If there is only one, that truly is a let down.

There are 2 for the DS version, but it seems like there is only 1 for iOS version coz I only got the 1st Limit Break for clearing the game. But I didn't receive the 2nd one after clearing NG+.

I hope it is a bug that is messing up the 2nd Limit Break and not Square limiting it to only 1. Proto Babil will be a pain to defeat without 2 LBs.
---
#8l33newhousePosted 1/2/2013 8:51:57 PM
I know the location of the items in the save bin but every time I tried to edit the data, the file becomes corrupt. I have been trying out how to edit the save data without having the file corrupt.
It is odd though; when I change the value i.e. give myself 2 elixirs and in the save data and originally I have 1 elixir, it becomes corrupt, unable to load. If I change the value from 2 and revert back to 1, the game loads fine. I don't know if the other file has something to do with that as well.
#9xTopWarmachinexPosted 1/3/2013 6:53:21 AM
The reason you are unable to load an edited save file is due to the CRC check at the beginning of the file. If you change any data below the CRC it will corrupt the file. I am trying to figure out how the CRC is calculated so one can edit the save data and replace the CRC with a correct value to enable the save to be loaded.
#10l33newhousePosted 1/3/2013 7:36:38 PM
I think I figured out how to get around it that. Bear in mind that my ipad is jailbroken so I don't know if it works on a non-jailbroken ipad.

Apps needed:
Final Fantasy 4 ( of course)
Ifile
Myfile

Ifile and my Myfile are 2 separate apps.

1. Use Ifile to find the location the of the Final Fantasy 4 app. When you go into the app, 4 folders will pop up, you want the documents folder because that is where the save data bin is located. Keep the location in mind. If it is easier right down the full address location on a piece of paper.
2. Turn on FF4 and go into the "load game"
3. Next chooses 1 of the 3 save datas. For simplicity I will choose the first save data.
4. Choose that save and the game ask you to load the save data, the screen would ask "yes" or "no". Instead of choosing either press the home button on your device.
5. Go into Myfile and then find the final fanatsy 4 app. Go into it, into the document folder. In the document folder, you will find 2 files; save data and report. You want the save data.
6. Choose the save data, and hit the arrow to the right. You will be taken to another screen and you will need to scroll down until you "hex edit". Hit that option.
7. If you are taken to a screen with a bunch of numbers and gibberish, you are on the right track. You are 3/4 of the way done.
8. On the left screen you would see something like
0x000001
0x00000d
This is where you want to be.
9. Now look for this address 0x00195d. In the middle area it would like:
00000000 89130500 8a130100
89 = potion
13 = type of item (if it is an item, weapon, armor)
05 = number you have in the inventory

8a = hipotion
13 = type of item
01 = number you have in the inventory.

10. This is the pattern depending how many items you have in the inventory. But you get the idea: item, item type, amount.
11. Here is the fun part, by changing 89130500 to 47146300
I will translate what I did
47 = Rainbow pudding
14 = Item type
63 = 99 amount in the inventory
Use a hex to dec calculator to find out conversion factor. Important hex numbers
63 = 99
32 = 50
14 = 20
12. When you finish editing, press done and close. Now go back to FF4 app. You should be on the same screen asking you to load this save file. Press yes. Go into your inventory and it should say on the first item, Rainbow pudding 99. You are done, save it. You have just gave yourself 99 rainbow pudding without spending 500 days killing flans or puddings.

Important numbers to know:
Onion sword 8317
Onion shield 4d1f
Onoon helm b91f
Onion armor 2420
Adamant armor 2320
Onion glove 8120