Stat-maxing, iOS version (Cecil Limit Break) v1.0

#1Chaosmaster00Posted 1/22/2013 4:15:49 AM(edited)
Let's get down to basics, so everyone is on level ground here:

At level 71 and beyond, the game will no longer decide your stats for you upon leveling up. Once you hit Lv71, your currently equipped augments will determine your stat increases (not counting your Auto command, or Item, since it cannot be removed in the first place). This means that, in order to effectively raise your stats right, you gotta have a right proper build for it, and work your magic from there.

Now, moving on, is the augments that are required for this setup, and who must get them; I will not be making a full-on augment guide, so as long as you have the augments you need, I'm not really worried about extraneous variables. Use what works best after maxing your stats.

The augments should be distributed as follows:

Limit Break x1 | Cecil
Omnicasting x2 | Cecil | Rosa
Gil Farmer x1 .| Cecil |
Twincast x2 . .| Cecil | Rosa
Whirlwind x3 . | Kain. | Rydia | Edge
Tsunami x2 . . | Kain. | Edge
Inferno x3 . . | Kain. | Rydia | Rosa
PiercingMagicx1| Kain
Phoenix x3 . . | Kain. | Rydia | Edge
Last Stand x1. | Rydia
Curse x2 . . . | Rydia | Edge
Bardsong x2 . .| Rydia | Rosa
[Cecil]'s Love | Rosa [it's Rosa, so "Cecil" works]
Bless x1 . . . | Edge

Now, I'm not really going to get into any technical BS, so if you wanna know EXACTLY by how much each augment raising stats, then look them up in a guide, or do the math from my numbers. I will not be mentioning raising HP or MP, so I will not even bother listing their increases from these augments.

Now, on to the leveling charts, the meat of the math! Follow these charts, equip what's listed for the right level, and get your stats maxed the right way!

Cecil:
1) Limit Break Lv71-99 (+29 to all)
2) Omnicasting Lv71-99 (+29 INT/SPT)
3) Gil Farmer Lv71-99 (+29 SPD)
4) Twincast Lv71-75 (+5 INT)

Cecil Lv70 | 1) | 2) | 3) | 4)
...STR: 73 | 99 | -- | -- | 99 |
...SPD: 41 | 70 | 70 | 99 | 99 |
...STA: 70 | 99 | -- | -- | 99 |
...INT: 36 | 65 | 94 | 94 | 99 |
...SPT: 41 | 70 | 99 | -- | 99 |

Kain:
1) Whirlwind Lv71-99 (+29 SPD/INT/SPT)
2) Tsunami Lv71-99 (+29 STR/STA/INT)
3) Piercing Magic Lv71-99 (+29 INT/SPT)
4) Inferno Lv71-86 (+16 STR/SPD/STA)
5) Phoenix Lv87 (+2 SPT)

Kain Lv70: | 1) | 2) | 3) | 4) | 5)
...STR: 71 | 71 | 99 | -- | -- | 99 |
...SPD: 54 | 83 | 83 | 83 | 99 | 99 |
...STA: 56 | 56 | 85 | 85 | 99 | 99 |
...INT: 12 | 41 | 70 | 99 | -- | 99 |
...SPT: 39 | 68 | 68 | 97 | 97 | 99 |

Rydia:
1) Inferno Lv71-99 (+29 STR/SPD/STA)
2) Whirlwind Lv71-99 (+29 SPD/INT/SPT)
3) Last Stand Lv71-99 (+29 STR/STA)
4) Curse Lv71-77 (+7 STR/STA/SPT)
5) Phoenix Lv78-82 (+10 SPT)
6) Bardsong Lv83-90 (+8 SPD)

Rydia Lv70 | 1) | 2) | 3) | 4) | 5) | 6)
...STR: 36 | 65 | 65 | 94 | 99 | -- | 99 |
...SPD: 33 | 62 | 91 | 91 | 91 | 91 | 99 |
...STA: 34 | 63 | 63 | 92 | 99 | -- | 99 |
...INT: 72 | 72 | 99 | -- | -- | -- | 99 |
...SPT: 54 | 54 | 83 | 83 | 90 | 99 | 99 |

Rosa:
1) Cecil's Love Lv71-99 (+29 ALL)
2) Inferno Lv71-99 (+29 STR/SPD/STA)
3) Omnicasting Lv71-99 (+29 INT/SPT)
4) Twincast Lv71-89 (+19 INT)
5) Bardsong Lv90-98 (+9 SPD)

Rosa Lv70: | 1) | 2) | 3) | 4) | 5)
...STR: 48 | 77 | 99 | -- | -- | 99 |
...SPD: 32 | 61 | 90 | 90 | 90 | 99 |
...STA: 42 | 71 | 99 | -- | -- | 99 |
...INT: 22 | 51 | 51 | 80 | 99 | 99 |
...SPT: 73 | 99 | -- | -- | -- | 99 |

*continued below*
#2Chaosmaster00(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 4:15:21 AM
*continued from above*

Edge:
1) Curse Lv71-99 (+29 STR/STA/SPT)
2) Whirlwind Lv71-99 (+29 SPD/INT/SPT)
3) Tsunami Lv71-92 (+22 STR/STA/INT)
4) Bless Lv71-83 (+13 INT)
5) Phoenix Lv84-92 (+18 SPT)

Edge Lv70: | 1) | 2) | 3) | 4) | 5)
...STR: 61 | 90 | 90 | 99 | -- | 99 |
...SPD: 72 | 72 | 99 | -- | -- | 99 |
...STA: 48 | 77 | 77 | 99 | -- | 99 |
...INT: 35 | 35 | 64 | 86 | 99 | 99 |
...SPT: 24 | 53 | 82 | 82 | 82 | 99 |

~~~

And THAT, my friends, is how you stat-max with only 1 Limit Break...
---
Unofficial Sage of The Denpa Men board (Awaiting the sequel: http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg)
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | Apparently a PM:SS ''know-it-all''
#3Chaosmaster00(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 2:48:12 PM(edited)
I have also made stat-maxing guides for those who wish to give Limit Break to Kain and Rydia (the only other characters to be able to get legitimate use of Limit Break in the first place). You can find them at the following links from the FFIV DS board:

Stat-maxing, iOS Version (Rydia Limit Break) v1.0:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/939425-final-fantasy-iv/65252363

Stat-Maxing, iOS Version (Kain Limit Break) v1.0
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/939425-final-fantasy-iv/65252132
---
Unofficial Sage of The Denpa Men board (Awaiting the sequel: http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg)
#4ChoenPosted 1/25/2013 9:16:46 AM
I play ff iv on iphone, i've reach the lunar without any walkthrough coz i can't find any for iphone
Can you please tell me where to find this augments?
#5Chaosmaster00(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 12:57:25 PM
The DS version has the walkthroughs for this version since they're the same game, essentially (minus how ?????'s Love powers up, or how you find Piercing Magic by finding Eidolons instead of defeating the heiarchy of Eidolons)... but, if you like, I can give you a general description of where they are:

*SPOILERS ABOUND! READ AT YOUR OWN BEHEST*

*Auto-Potion (automatically given in Kaipo after finding Rosa)
*Item Lore (in Kaipo, after Edward faces the monster solo, by the water)
*Counter (automatically gotten by Yang's wife before setting sail to Baron and getting shipwrecked)
*Curse (after beating Scarmiglione, find it on the second-to-last floor of Mount Ordeals, laying on the ground)
*Tsunami (after beating Cagnazzo, find in the Baron Waterways, in the watery area)
*Twincast x2 (talk to the Elder in Mysidia after the twins leave your party)
*Bluff (given by the Elder of Mysidia with Twincast if Palom was given at least 1 augment)
*Cry (given by the Elder of Mysidia with Twincast if Porom was given at least 1 augment)
*Dualcast (given by the Elder of Mysidia with Twincast if Palom and Porom were both given a total of 3 augments; each must have been given at least 1 augment)
*Bardsong (given by Edward after the events of the Dark Elf in Troia)
*Salve (given by Edward with Bardsong if Edward received at least 1 augment)
*Hide (given by Edward with Bardsong if Edward received at least 2 augments)
*Recall (lying on the ground by Tellah in the Tower of Zot after he casts Meteor)
*Last Stand (lying next to Recall if Tellah recieved at least 1 augment)
*Fast talker (lying next to Recall if Tellah received at least 2 augments)
*Whirlwind (lying on the ground in the crystal chamber in the lodestone cavern [where you fought the Dark Elf] after you beat Barbarricia)
*Gil Farmer (find in the changing room of the King's Bounty dance pub; to enter, you must buy a Member's Writ for 100,000 gil, and talk to the NPC to enter the King's Bounty; then, watch the dancing girls scene, and then go into the door that is left open afterwards to find Gil Farmer lying on the ground)
*Draw Attacks (automatically given to you by King Giott, the Dwarf King)
*Reach (in the DS version, you had to complete a legion of events in the Developer's Room, but I'm told for the iOS version, you just need to use a Ninja Sutra on the chair, and then you can find Reach in one of the other rooms of the Developer's Room... not entirely certain)
*Analyze (automatically given in Cid's letter in the medical triage)
*Upgrade (given with Analyze if Cid received at least 1 augment)
*Adrenaline (given with Analyze if Cid received at least 2 augments)
*MP+50% (after coming back from the Underworld, you can find this in the village of Mist, laying on the ground in a house to the north)
*Inferno (after beating Rubicante, you can find this lying on the ground where Edge and Rubicante first battled in the Eblan Cave)

*continued below*
---
#6Chaosmaster00(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 12:57:31 PM
*continued from above*

*Darkness (steal from Odin, whom you can find in the bowels of Baron Castle; you must have beaten Asura and Leviathan before you can fight Odin)
*Focus (given by Yang in the Sylph Cave after being able to travel freely between the Underworld and Overworld; after encountering Yang for the first time in the Sylph's Cave, you must go to his wife in Fabul, and receive the Frying Pan, at which you must return to Yang and use the Frying Pan on him, at which he will give you this augment, and the Sylph summon; return the Frying Pan to Yang's wife to receive the Knife, a throw-able weapon that has 999 Attack; this sidequest cannot be completed after you have gotten Fusoya in your party)
*Kick (given with Focus if Yang had received at least 1 augment)
*Brace (given with Focus if Yang had received at least 2 augments)
*Level Lust (find in the northeast section of the Humminway Abode, which is in a cave surrounded by a plateau on the southern side of the lunar surface)
*Piercing Magic (in the iOS version, you must find the hiding eidolons and speak to the eidolon in the Feymarch; there's a list of their locations in another topic on this board)
*HP+50% (given by a soldier on the roofs of Baron Castle after defeating the CPU)
*Bless (on the ground in the crystal chamber on the moon after the events of the Giant of Babil)
*Omnicasting (on the ground by Bless if Fusoya received at least 1 augment)
*Phoenix (on the ground by Bless if Fusoya received at least 2 augments)
*Treasure Hunter (given upon 100% completion of all maps in the game)
*Eye Gouge (given by Mopingway in the Lali-Ho Pub after giving him the Rainbow Pudding in Agart)
*[?????]'s Love (given by Weddingway in Mysidia after telling him the name of the "one you love who has 5 or less letters in their name" in the Feymarch; the name you tell him in the Feymarch determines the name of whose Love it is)
*Safe Travel (giving by Going-my-way at the end of the Namingway sidequest; after meeting him in the Hummingway Abode after he became Weddingway, he will go into hiding at various locations, which is set in stone after he disappears from the Hummingway Abode; search any of the locations listed below to have a chance to find him)
*Limit Break (automatically in your inventory upon the start of a New Game+ file; while you can start a NG++ file after beating NG+, you will not get another Limit Break augment)

Going-my-way locations are as follows:

-ANY Chocobo Forest in the game
-Near the area you fight Mom Bomb in Mt. Hobbs
-Near the chest containing Mage Masher in the Sylph Cave
-Near the chest containing the Genji Shield in the first room of the Lair of the Father
-Near the ridge above the love in B1 of the Underground Lake southwest of the Damcyan Entrance

These are the locations of every augment in the game. Please note that, in a New Gam+ or ++ file, you DO NOT have to give more augments to any temporary party members to receive their augments in a later playthrough. If you gave the Twin enough augments to receive Dualcast in your first playthrough, you do not need to give them any augments in NG+ or NG++ to receive Dualcast in those playthroughs.

Enjoy.
---
#7ChoenPosted 1/26/2013 9:21:28 AM
"*Piercing Magic (in the iOS version, you must find the hiding eidolons and speak to the eidolon in the Feymarch; there's a list of their locations in another topic on this board)
*HP+50% (given by a soldier on the roofs of Baron Castle after defeating the CPU)"

What is hiding eidolons? Do you mean behemot?
And what is CPU?
#8Chaosmaster00(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 10:45:32 AM
The hiding Eidolons is an iPhone version thing. Search this board to find a topic about Piercing Magic for the iOS version, because I'm using the DS version as a reference for this stuff.

And CPU is a boss, specifically the one you fight in the Giant of Babil.
---