Anyone beat proto babil on this version?

#1TylersTimePosted 2/10/2013 6:57:55 PM
If so who did you choose to put limit break on since there is only one...
---
GT TylersTime pawn:lv119 sorcerer Tyler
#2Chaosmaster00Posted 2/10/2013 9:50:34 PM
I can see a potential strategy of having Cecil using Limit Break working, with him having Adrenaline, Fast Talker, and Twincast, as well as Rosa with the same (minus LB, of course, but with Dualcast instead), with both having low HP, and popping off 99999 damage Ultimas. Rydia tanks hits with Brace, Draw Attacks, HP+50%, and Attack (but no weapon). Edge with Attack (no weapon), Steal (free Megalixir at 20% chance of stealing), Phoenix, and whatever else you want. Kain must have Holy Lance set as first slot to counter with, with Counter on as well; he may have any other augments that assist you, like Cryand Bardsong (Hastemarch will help speed things up), or Cry and Item Lore (ups the damage of his Holy counters). Have everyone's Auto be Defend.

In this, it is advised you max your stats, if not your base stats, then with equips; everyone needs Adamant Armor, and Cecil/Rosa need max INT and Spirit, for maximum Ultima damage (not sure which affects its damage, but both should be maxed anyhow).

Basically, start off the battle with Cecil and Rosa at low HP (go kill them outside and use a Phoenix down for quick results). Rydia will use Brace to start, or die eating a Light of Babil; have Edge use Phoenix Down on her, then Rosa Curaja her and use Slow on Proto with Dualcast. Her next Dualcast should be Hasting the party (or at least her and Cecil). Have Kain Cry and then use Hastemarch. Have Edge on support as needed. Once you are good to go, have Cecil and Rosa Twincast an Ultima on him; it should deal 90000+ damage to him. Keep the MP up, make sure Rydia stays alive, and do that again for another 90K+ damage.

Now, this is crucial. You must ensure that PB's HP does not fall below 120000 before you can kill him. You can either do this be healing him up until and Ultima won't drop it below that (2 Curajas or so of healing PB), or whittle it by using Reflect on Edge and having Edge Attack Kain, causing Kain to counter with Holy on Edge, reflecting onto PB, Delta Attack style, causing no possible counter from PB. Once you get him close to 120000 HP, proceed to set up the following:

Have Kain with Defend
Have Rydia Bracing but ready to Attack (with Reflect on)
Have Edge ready to Attack (with Reflect on)
Have Rosa and Cecil Twincasting Ultima for the 4th (or 3rd) time, and shortly after, have Kain start using his Holy Lance on him, with Edge and Rydia set to Attack him as he is using it on PB (or a Reflected party member, if possible), so that they can initiate a triad of Holy's on PB, JUST BEFORE Rosa and Cecil bring down the last Ultima hammer and finish him off.

I see that being the best method for the iOS version...
---
''Sage'' of The Denpa Men board (Completionist Medal of Honor: http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg)
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | Don't bother sending me Swapnotes.
#3TylersTime(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 1:59:05 AM
I know about using two curajas after 2 limit break attacks, about this ultima method when you twin cast it is a 100% chance with Rosa right?
---
GT TylersTime pawn:lv119 sorcerer Tyler
#4Chaosmaster00Posted 2/11/2013 2:22:50 AM
As far as I know, most Twincasts will need their HP's to be close to the same % of their max. That's why I recommend killing and reviving both with both having Adrenaline. Solves that with added pain bonus...

But, otherwise, yes.
---
''Sage'' of The Denpa Men board (Completionist Medal of Honor: http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg)
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | Don't bother sending me Swapnotes.