Rate the Character Day 32 Ryotsu Kankichi

#1Baby_ragnaPosted 3/1/2014 6:35:10 AM
Today character is The Eternal Policeman, Ryotsu Kankichi!!!

"Ryo-san" is a thirty-six year old police officer with the personality of a twelve-year old. His laziness when it comes to work is matched only by his zeal and cleverness in hatching money-making schemes, the fruits of which are invariably squandered on toys, gadgets, and cheap entertainment. He is the stereotypical street-smart type, sporting a Crew cut and stomping about in ratty sandals (even in uniform), and narrow-minded towards the outside world, as he makes his rounds on a creaky old bicycle. At the same time, he is a super-otaku, up on all the latest fads in popular culture and consumer technology. While most of his interests are of the juvenile sort (such as video games and collectibles), he also indulges in more typically salaryman-type pastimes such as drinking, pachinko, and gambling (especially horse-racing). Despite his undisciplined lifestyle, he possesses superhuman strength and stamina, which he is forced to depend on at times. Ryotsu is a bachelor and seems relatively uninterested in women, yet occasionally attracts the attention of na´ve young female acquaintances, though never with any eventual success.

I'm gonna pass this character, since I only read a few chapter and decide to drop it because I can't stand the artwork...

Previous result :
Day 1. Son Goku : 8.2
Day 2. Vegeta : 8.4
Day 3. Frieza : 8.3
Day 4. Monkey D. Luffy : 8,0
Day 5. Boa Hancock : 6.3
Day 6. Akainu : 7.0
Day 7. Toriko : 8.8
Day 8. Urameshi Yusuke : 9.4
Day 9. Zebra : 9.2
Day 10. Toguro : 8.9
Day 11. Uzumaki Naruto : 5.3
Day 12. Uchiha Sasuke : 5.3
Day 13. Uchiha Madara : 6.7
Day 14. Kurosaki Ichigo : 6.5
Day 15. Kuchiki Rukia : 6.0
Day 16. Aizen Sosuke : 6.1
Day 17. Yamada Taro : 3.2
Day 18. Jaguar Junichi : 6.7
Day 19. Himura Kenshin : 8.9
Day 20. Shishio Makoto : 8.6
Day 21. Kurokami Medaka : 6.8
Day 22. Kumagawa Misogi : 8.0
Day 23. Gon Freecs : 7.6
Day 24. Killua Zoldyck : 8.6
Day 25. Hisoka : 8.8
Day 26. Oga Tatsumi : 8.1
Day 27. Sawada Tsunayoshi : 7.0
Day 28, Hiei : 8.6
Day 29. Portgas D. Ace : 7.3
Day 30. Lala Satalin Deviluke : 7.7
Day 30. Kirisaki Chitoge : 6.2
Day 31. Nueno Meisuke / Nube : 8.8
---
A man's sword isn't a thing that can be kept in his underwear, its something that should rest in a scabbard known as a girl.
#2Baby_ragna(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2014 6:36:50 AM
blackace34 posted...
8/10. Don't know the source material but for some reason I always respected the character. A classic shonen gag comedy that's always represented in it's crossovers. Awesome. Plus he was fun to play as in JUS.

---
A man's sword isn't a thing that can be kept in his underwear, its something that should rest in a scabbard known as a girl.
#3Bleach313Posted 3/1/2014 8:18:34 AM
9/10

It's very hard to even get into Koichikame. The manga doesn't get translated, and the anime never got translated either. The only thing translated are the first 12 or so chapters, and a movie.

I've only seen the 12 chapters, and the movie. From what I saw from him. He's just your regular comedic main character, and he likes playing with toys and gadgets. He's very lazy during work as a cop, but he gets serious when the situation calls for it. He gets yelled at by his superior a lot (as you can tell from his ultimate attack), and he really likes money. Overall, he's not a bad character at all. He's very likable, so I don't have anything bad to say about him.
---
Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed IV (PS4) / Call of Duty Ghosts (PS4)
PSN ID: yooobooyj
#4Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 3/1/2014 8:23:06 AM
8/10

idk, i thought kochikame was a fun little gag manga. that samurai cop guy had a good 3 koma support in JUS. ryotsu is also really interesting in JUS. but i should stop basing my votes on JUS, right?
---
the official BAT DRAGON of the pokemon X/Y boards
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_NBCS1u_zs
#5Koro-SenseiPosted 3/1/2014 9:02:32 AM
9/10

As someone who've watched various Japanese episodes and the subbed movie, this guy is EVERYTHING Homer Simpson should have been: strong, likable, funny, have some form of maturity, cool, have a sweet ride, and a unique personality. I respected this guy for the fact that he's from the longest running comedy in history that won't be cancelled unless the mangaka dies. His movesets managed to be very unique while staying true the character and the media he originated from in all Jump crossovers. Despite being greedy and lazy, he can be pretty heroic when he wants to and get the job done to please his fellow friends. And his bike being named Chidori is a plus too. I've dressed at him for Halloween and a few people who've went to Japan recognized him. He's an icon, a great character, and one of the ORIGINAL protagonists of Jump's first hit.
#6Tactician714Posted 3/1/2014 1:32:19 PM
3/10 He's the Homer Simpson of anime, but he should be support only.
#7AceinuPosted 3/1/2014 1:42:31 PM
9/10
---
Logic is panic's prey...Yoko is back, they cry
http://i.minus.com/iX2B8HApFmywx.gif http://i.minus.com/ibjtW8ByrXZTcQ.gif http://i.minus.com/ihGzuwtOuI9Yz.gif
#8GreeneyedemonPosted 3/1/2014 1:45:18 PM
4/10.

Not a fan of these type of characters.
#9PirateKing290Posted 3/1/2014 1:50:35 PM
Tatakai-No-Kami posted...
8/10

idk, i thought kochikame was a fun little gag manga. that samurai cop guy had a good 3 koma support in JUS. ryotsu is also really interesting in JUS. but i should stop basing my votes on JUS, right?

Don't forget that awesome counter support Koma where it's a sleeping guy and if he gets touched he goes all psychic and flings the opponent away.
---
PSN: Weeeler (JJBA:ASB PSN: Wryyywer)
#10fuzzylittlbunnyPosted 3/1/2014 1:53:50 PM
0/10

Dat unibrow... plus that support from JUS with all those dudes in speedos? *shudders*

Not sure if that was his actual support of just from his series, but it was damn disturbing. Even if that wasn't him, his unibrow still merits a 0 from me though.
---
( ^_^)/\(^_^ )
Maya high five!