Godly Kenshin Players

#11Diggy_J(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2014 10:44:28 AM
bump
#12TheEpyonPosted 3/27/2014 11:06:28 AM
After playing with him for awhile Kenshin is definatly a counterattack character.

Its hard to use his normal square combo because it has a slow startup. I just stick with the triangle combo's and his Battojutsu via R1 Triangle. Hit square after in the stance for the quick swipe that send opponent upwards.

His O I never land unless I sidestep away from an opponebt and do it that second. His Triangle x3 combo is slow but decent damage. Then his square triangle mixes are all quick strikes same with the triangle square ones..

His Battojutsu stance when he is running is a faster dodge than a sidestep or dash so I stick to that if I have the stamina.

his jump square is good but I have trouble landing it alot.

His ultimate is devastating if you land it. I am fairly good at making it connect.

Also my favorite thing about kenshin is his R1 O. Its a counterattack that does good damage. It makes melee attackers think twice before approaching you.

His ultimate is decent
---
"The God of Death? Sounds better than the hero of a massacre."
#13gamefreakz92Posted 3/27/2014 1:03:04 PM
I am so anxious to play this game and use him!
#14guts_BattousaiPosted 3/27/2014 1:31:13 PM
Go here to read up on what we have found about Kenshin so far.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/694309-j-stars-victory-vs/68881977

Honestly I'm a bit disappointed in his combo potential from what I was able to discover so far. I have a few more thoughts that I saw yesterday but ill post them as soon as I get home.
---
3DS: 4484-9047-0836
#15NewVirtuePosted 3/27/2014 1:56:39 PM
So after my last post i played around with him a little. Kenshin and killua play extremely similar. Half of kenshins combos including 2 different dashes end in crumple, just like killua. And the only way to really salvage the combo after the crumple is to to use your triangle combo...just like killua. The main differences between the 2 melee characters is that one uses stealth the other uses speed. Killua has longer combos because he can add his guard break into the combos while kenshin can start more combos easily(possibly opinionated). Lastly kenshin does less damage.

Also, i thought the translation stated that he drains enemy stamina, i dont see their stamina drop
---
PSN: NewVirtue
#16guts_BattousaiPosted 3/27/2014 2:41:25 PM
NewVirtue posted...
So after my last post i played around with him a little. Kenshin and killua play extremely similar. Half of kenshins combos including 2 different dashes end in crumple, just like killua. And the only way to really salvage the combo after the crumple is to to use your triangle combo...just like killua. The main differences between the 2 melee characters is that one uses stealth the other uses speed. Killua has longer combos because he can add his guard break into the combos while kenshin can start more combos easily(possibly opinionated). Lastly kenshin does less damage.

Also, i thought the translation stated that he drains enemy stamina, i dont see their stamina drop

i think that's pretty accurate unless something gigantic is discovered. i'll post my remaining thoughts on kenshin in the other thread that i put the link in the post above yours.

and yes his dash triangle is the crumple that you can combo off of, but if you're too far he doesn't hit the opponent on time. square triangle is pretty much guaranteed into the triangle bnb but you have to mash triangle to try and hit them before they fall into tech state.

and what do you mean that the translation stated that he (kenshin?) drains enemy stamina? with what attack?

i also don't find that much use for triangle, square :/ the second hit does a crumple but there's too much lag to capitalize on it.

go here for all things kenshin

---
#17Diggy_J(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2014 2:45:12 PM
guts_Battousai posted...
NewVirtue posted...

i think that's pretty accurate unless something gigantic is discovered. i'll post my remaining thoughts on kenshin in the other thread that i put the link in the post above yours.

and yes his dash triangle is the crumple that you can combo off of, but if you're too far he doesn't hit the opponent on time. square triangle is pretty much guaranteed into the triangle bnb but you have to mash triangle to try and hit them before they fall into tech state.

and what do you mean that the translation stated that he (kenshin?) drains enemy stamina? with what attack?

i also don't find that much use for triangle, square :/ the second hit does a crumple but there's too much lag to capitalize on it.

dude stop trying to pimp your own thread in here
#18guts_BattousaiPosted 3/27/2014 3:23:33 PM
Diggy_J posted...
guts_Battousai posted...
NewVirtue posted...

dude stop trying to pimp your own thread in here

lmao says the guy that wants info on kenshin? i was doing you a favor bro, since i don't want to have to re copy and paste all the info that we've gathered on that thread. thanks for being open minded
---