Those with the anison edition

#1GhostDog8Posted 6/19/2014 3:38:02 PM
Is it worth it?

And how many different songs/themes are included from yu yu hakusho ?
#2ssj3gokou25Posted 6/19/2014 7:18:50 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3MasterNejiXPosted 6/20/2014 9:40:50 AM
the worth of it varies from person to person. i dont regret my purchase of the anison edition but im starting to regret how much i spent on it. i bought it day 1 from amiami for about $101. i only know a handful of the series on here and those were the only themes i recognized. theres only really 1 theme per show and its usually an opening theme. the choice of the themes came off as a bit questionable for me. from the ones i knew, they only used some of the very early opening themes like the first bleach opening theme, first one for one piece, and the 3rd one for naruto. while these songs are good, there were clearly better choices. as for yuyu hakusho, they have the one opening theme on there and thats all that i know of. if i had to compare this sound edition to gundam extreme vs full boost's premium g sound edition, i like the gundam one a bit more. maybe somebody who knows more series will enjoy it more but for me it wasnt as good as i hoped. although its a lot better than the normal tracks on the game. the REAL problem with the anison sound is that they use the short versions of the songs (that appeared on TV) and matches last A LOT longer than the songs do. this makes the songs loop around at least 3-4 times before a match is over. the songs were clearly not made to be looped in this way and some of the songs that have unique starts (like the yuyu hakusho theme) can get really annoying if the battle lasts a while.
---
PSN ID: emanbfresh10
#4pokedude900Posted 6/20/2014 12:31:24 PM(edited)
MasterNejiX posted...
the REAL problem with the anison sound is that they use the short versions of the songs (that appeared on TV) and matches last A LOT longer than the songs do. this makes the songs loop around at least 3-4 times before a match is over.

That's not accurate. Victory Bursts change the music if you don't have the same theme set, and the main track starts over again afterwards. The TV size versions are usually just long enough to last between Victory Bursts. Using full versions won't make much of a difference since they'll never finish and still have to loop.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibkH8V0pS36t4T.gif http://i.imgur.com/8RlYQea.png
Come to the board in my profile for random discussion. Though mainly anime.
#5MasterNejiXPosted 6/20/2014 1:55:17 PM
pokedude900 posted...
MasterNejiX posted...
the REAL problem with the anison sound is that they use the short versions of the songs (that appeared on TV) and matches last A LOT longer than the songs do. this makes the songs loop around at least 3-4 times before a match is over.

That's not accurate. Victory Bursts change the music if you don't have the same theme set, and the main track starts over again afterwards. The TV size versions are usually just long enough to last between Victory Bursts. Using full versions won't make much of a difference since they'll never finish and still have to loop.

im not sure if im playing differently but the way i described it was the case for me. the song would generally loop at least once or twice before the first victory burst and then start over yet again. then the other team got a victory burst and once that was over, again the song would restart. thats why i estimated about 3-4 times per battle.
---
#6RagingKoalaBearPosted 6/20/2014 8:41:55 PM
Anison Edition is awesome , and I got the booklet too. I paid $120 for it including shipping and all, and I sold the game on craigslist last week for $100, 2 hours after I posted the ad.

I laughed when people talked **** to the people who got the anison edition. Anyone with half a brain knows the resale value of a game like this is insane in the US. If I had 20 copies of the game I bet they would've all sold in less than a day, easy. I'm still getting calls about it lol.

The perks are great, and here's why:

I only play online for the most part . If you play online, you get to choose every track available while your opponents and partner listen to the garbage game soundtrack.

There is one downside tho. There isn't much point in fighting with your favorite intros playing when 90% of the community rage quits and uses characters that should've been fixed a week after release.
---
J-Stars Vs
PSN - whosyodaddeh
#7TheEpyonPosted 6/20/2014 9:56:02 PM
^

Gets shanked by random dude on craigslist.
---
3DS FC 0834 0557 1772 - Add Me - Currently Playing: Pokemon XY, Fire Emblem, Bravley Default)
#8Nightstar1994Posted 6/20/2014 11:48:58 PM
Does the Anison edition have normal BGMs as well? If not then I'm glad I bought the normal one.
---
Pokemon Y: Schneizel
FC: 4124 - 5013 - 1344
#9MasterNejiXPosted 6/21/2014 12:06:22 AM
^it has both. you have to switch the regular ones out with the anison songs.
---
#10GhostDog8(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2014 1:06:23 AM
Thanks and i just got mine today def glad i got the anison edition..one question though when i switch the songs out it doesnt give me an option to switch the original song back... Only gives me the option to switch it out with a track from the anison soundtrack...i will mention i have the vita version