Is the game not doing well?

#11RagingKoalaBearPosted 7/16/2014 9:08:19 AM
Terrible balance and lack of a patch is what ruined the game. I still have a great time in player match, but the lack of a penalty for RQ in ranked and the balancing issues ruin it. It's so ****ing stupid playing 50 matches and literally 47 of them have opponents using ramen.

Yoh is absolutely wrong about the roster though. It's a freaking amazing roster, but it could've been better with taro out and a couple other trash characters. Jonathan should've been replaced with Jotaro IMO.
---
J-Stars Vs
PSN - whosyodaddeh
#12theonedalekPosted 7/16/2014 9:27:47 AM
@YohvsNaruto

This isn't a sprite based game were you can easily throw 50 million characters. It takes a lot more time and money for character models. Are they really going to spend all that time effort on a flavour of the month series from years ago? Of course more recent things will take priority.

KHR getting 3 reps? If DBZ and Narto only get 3 and One Piece only gets 4 then no.

You don't see me getting but hurt over Black Cat having no reps
#13Zao_YenPosted 7/19/2014 1:44:51 PM
where this game seems more focused on showing the newer series.

^^this

This isn't a sprite based game were you can easily throw 50 million characters. It takes a lot more time and money for character models

true but this isn't a super nintendo.is a damn ps3.with blur-ray capacity discs.lots of contents they could've put in there.but we all know how lazy and greedy Japanistic videogame companies became post ps2-era

Of course more recent things will take priority

OF COURSE?according to which non-written rule?
---
"This isn't GameFAQs, no need to get anal over a typo. Besides, you misspelled contribute yourself hypocrite." -Glaceon, /vp/
#14fuzzylittlbunnyPosted 7/19/2014 2:33:01 PM(edited)
I would think it's not doing well. I absolutely love crossover games, and really like fighting games. UMvC3, Smash Bros, Noire Black Heart, JUS, Queen's Gate, Super Heroine Chronicle, SRW, etc. Hell, I don't think I've played a crossover I didn't like... until I played J-Stars :((

I was so hyped when I heard about this spiritual successor to JUS, and once it came out I was severely disappointed. No online 1v1, lack of modes like time or FFA, terrible balance, horrible lag (probably because it needs 4 players), and gameplay that I just found to be slow and boring as f***. Once the hype died down (which was about 2 days after buying the game) I was reluctant to play it again. I've given it multiple chances thinking that I might like it after a long break, but quickly closed it again to play Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus, Disgaea 4, Shin Gundam Musou, or one of the other games on my Japanese PSN account.

EDIT: Wait, this wasn't the only crossover I didn't like. That Cartoon Network game that was a clone of Smash. It was riddled with horrible glitches... but the gameplay was decent. Plus it had Johnny Bravo and CAPTAIN PLANET so it kinda gets a pass lol
---
( ^_^)/\(^_^ )
Maya high five!
#15Solo_HitoriPosted 7/19/2014 2:46:50 PM
The fact is you have to live under or a rock, or blatantly ignoring the fact the game is generally unbalanced. It's challenging (And annoying) to fight any character in any fighting game that is generally unbalanced compared to the others(Excluding the bosses). I have no problems with the roster, It's just broken. If you have ever played a fighting game, you would notice these facts, and not push them aside, or pretend they don't exist. If you want a list of the Obviously broken characters, and the reason why they're broken, I can provide it.
#16S1lver_Bullet(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2014 3:53:25 PM
at least they should've made a patch to support their own games. It must have not been easy making the game given that copyright or whatever indirectly related to the process but it should be easier making the patch. Can't believe that such hard work is just totally forgotten by the devs themselves
#17NarukuboyPosted 7/19/2014 4:37:08 PM
theonedalek posted...
@YohvsNaruto

This isn't a sprite based game were you can easily throw 50 million characters. It takes a lot more time and money for character models. Are they really going to spend all that time effort on a flavour of the month series from years ago? Of course more recent things will take priority.

KHR getting 3 reps? If DBZ and Narto only get 3 and One Piece only gets 4 then no.

You don't see me getting but hurt over Black Cat having no reps

http://i.minus.com/ixJaeL58y0wcR.gif
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9g3dtmMrw1rduef9o1_500.png
#18NewCastlEmperorPosted 7/20/2014 1:06:24 AM
Zao_Yen posted...
This isn't a sprite based game were you can easily throw 50 million characters. It takes a lot more time and money for character models

true but this isn't a super nintendo.is a damn ps3.with blur-ray capacity discs.lots of contents they could've put in there.

Only if A. they had a budget for and Assassin's Creed-levels of a bazillion workers toiling on an American AAA game to burn on making content or B. they were Nintendo, who is the sole exception to pratically every Japanese company being shown up by their Western counterparts the moment we entered the HD generation and game budgets drastically ballooned up. This game clearly ain't either A or B.
#19Zao_YenPosted 7/20/2014 1:56:07 AM
Only if A. they had a budget for and Assassin's Creed-levels of a bazillion workers toiling on an American AAA game to burn on making content or B. they were Nintendo

its not an Indie company either,though.Bamco could create money out of thin air,so yeah.lazyness is the main factor unfortunately.
---
"This isn't GameFAQs, no need to get anal over a typo. Besides, you misspelled contribute yourself hypocrite." -Glaceon, /vp/
#20ssjggokuPosted 7/20/2014 2:04:28 AM
Is the only way to get this import why didn't they have it released here yet
---
Yo I'm up to chat through pm anytime just hit me up and we good alright
Currently playing:FFX/X-2 HD. Remaster, DBZ Budokai. HD. Collection, and KH. 1.5 remix