Is the game not doing well?

#21S1lver_Bullet(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2014 3:13:02 AM
ssjggoku posted...
Is the only way to get this import why didn't they have it released here yet

there was an article saying they'll "consider" the localization. Haven't heard anything to follow that story up ever since
#22ssjggokuPosted 7/20/2014 3:17:45 AM
S1lver_Bullet posted...
ssjggoku posted...

there was an article saying they'll "consider" the localization. Haven't heard anything to follow that story up ever since

Damn when was that welp looks like I'm not getting this game then
---
Yo I'm up to chat through pm anytime just hit me up and we good alright
Currently playing:FFX/X-2 HD. Remaster, DBZ Budokai. HD. Collection, and KH. 1.5 remix
#23S1lver_Bullet(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2014 3:31:06 AM
ssjggoku posted...
S1lver_Bullet posted...
ssjggoku posted...

it's still a great game though. Love the sound effect, the sprites and in some places it's heavily discounted. Great time as any to get one now considering it's starting to become rare
#24ssjggokuPosted 7/20/2014 3:49:11 AM
S1lver_Bullet posted...
ssjggoku posted...
S1lver_Bullet posted...
ssjggoku posted...

it's still a great game though. Love the sound effect, the sprites and in some places it's heavily discounted. Great time as any to get one now considering it's starting to become rare

I have had my fair share of imports they always resulted in losing the money or the game cause they don't know hometown ship crap right
---
Currently playing:FFX/X-2 HD. Remaster, DBZ Budokai. HD. Collection, and KH. 1.5 remix
#25ssjggokuPosted 7/20/2014 3:49:14 AM
S1lver_Bullet posted...
ssjggoku posted...
S1lver_Bullet posted...
ssjggoku posted...

I have had my fair share of imports they always resulted in losing the money or the game cause they don't know hometown ship crap right
---
#26RealityCheck10Posted 7/22/2014 3:18:34 AM
Zao_Yen posted...
Only if A. they had a budget for and Assassin's Creed-levels of a bazillion workers toiling on an American AAA game to burn on making content or B. they were Nintendo

its not an Indie company either,though.Bamco could create money out of thin air,so yeah.lazyness is the main factor unfortunately.

Completely untrue.

1. Creating 3D Game Models costs money and uses up resources that will need to be handled through financial means in order to have them well animated, design, and structured within the game that they are creating

2. All game projects have a limited budget, Bandai Namco isn't going to finance any more funding into a game when the game already has its budget set in stone.

3. Just because Bandai Namco has money doesn't mean they have to or need to fund a game that is already being handled. They have other financial situations that are much more important that require their attention than a shonen jump game.

4. When a development team have touched down and finalized their ideal aspects of the game, from mechanics to roster, this is a matter that is well thought out and discussed during the game's creation. And is heavily kept in line with their budget, resources, and the rights they are able to attain.

5. Character rights and franchise licenses are expensive, especially should they be incredibly popular or hard to legally obtain. Again, this plays into the budget. Then you have to take in account of voice actors, using up resources to create demos for events, advertisement, etc.
So spending money on more character rights would be incredibly damaging to the game, especially when you have other areas that need to be brought out better or invested into.

Simply put, in no shape or form is the final roster any logical evidence of the developers being lazy. The roster is based upon the foundation of their development plans for the game, their budget for the game, and what they were able to make work for their product with the tools and resources they had. Nothing is ever a separate department, much less a department that is simple in planning out, every aspect of every game is connected and takes much thought and work in bringing it into a complete product.

If you studied game development you would know that. The build of any roster within any fighting game isn't as simple as picking a character out, throwing money, and putting them into a game without any major takebacks or thoughtful consideration. You have to take in account of what you are capable of doing, what you aren't capable of doing, and the limitations you are tied down with throughout the game's progression. Again, it's not lazy in any shape or form at all.

I seriously wish some gamers would actually learn to think before going off and blindly declaring "Lazy" upon a certain area within a game. By all means, you can criticize a product, after all it is feedback that can be used in producing better game titles. If the criticism is logical, helpful, and reasonable, than it is valid in listening to. But if its just butthurt whining over character x, y, and z, not making into the game. That's not valid, that's just whining. Offering a respectable thought-out reason as to why you feel a certain implementation should have been placed within the game is something worth listening to. (Which they did do, the roster voting for this game)
Such thoughts will be appreciated, but if they aren't able to make it happen, then it is not laziness, they just weren't capable of doing it. Plain and simple.
---
---
Official Sasuke (Susano'o) of the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations Board.
#27S1lver_Bullet(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2014 4:37:37 AM
@RealityCheck10 thanks for the enlightenment man
I guess I learned a bit more about the game development and the capableness of game making

what about DLC then? is it made using the leftover budget or because of the success of a game the development team got more funding?
... but I guess being a shonen jump game this game is not prioritized as much as others
#28RagingKoalaBearPosted 7/22/2014 9:02:02 AM
I sold my Anison edition for $90 on craigslist a few weeks ago lol. I still have my digital copy... if you check ebay or craigslist you may find a copy without needing to import.
---
J-Stars Vs
PSN - whosyodaddeh
#29EJWPosted 7/22/2014 1:30:46 PM
RealityCheck10 posted...
Zao_Yen posted...
Only if A. they had a budget for and Assassin's Creed-levels of a bazillion workers toiling on an American AAA game to burn on making content or B. they were Nintendo

its not an Indie company either,though.Bamco could create money out of thin air,so yeah.lazyness is the main factor unfortunately.

Completely untrue.

1. Creating 3D Game Models costs money and uses up resources that will need to be handled through financial means in order to have them well animated, design, and structured within the game that they are creating

2. All game projects have a limited budget, Bandai Namco isn't going to finance any more funding into a game when the game already has its budget set in stone.

3. Just because Bandai Namco has money doesn't mean they have to or need to fund a game that is already being handled. They have other financial situations that are much more important that require their attention than a shonen jump game.

4. When a development team have touched down and finalized their ideal aspects of the game, from mechanics to roster, this is a matter that is well thought out and discussed during the game's creation. And is heavily kept in line with their budget, resources, and the rights they are able to attain.

5. Character rights and franchise licenses are expensive, especially should they be incredibly popular or hard to legally obtain. Again, this plays into the budget. Then you have to take in account of voice actors, using up resources to create demos for events, advertisement, etc.
So spending money on more character rights would be incredibly damaging to the game, especially when you have other areas that need to be brought out better or invested into.

Simply put, in no shape or form is the final roster any logical evidence of the developers being lazy. The roster is based upon the foundation of their development plans for the game, their budget for the game, and what they were able to make work for their product with the tools and resources they had. Nothing is ever a separate department, much less a department that is simple in planning out, every aspect of every game is connected and takes much thought and work in bringing it into a complete product.

If you studied game development you would know that. The build of any roster within any fighting game isn't as simple as picking a character out, throwing money, and putting them into a game without any major takebacks or thoughtful consideration. You have to take in account of what you are capable of doing, what you aren't capable of doing, and the limitations you are tied down with throughout the game's progression. Again, it's not lazy in any shape or form at all.

I seriously wish some gamers would actually learn to think before going off and blindly declaring "Lazy" upon a certain area within a game. By all means, you can criticize a product, after all it is feedback that can be used in producing better game titles. If the criticism is logical, helpful, and reasonable, than it is valid in listening to. But if its just butthurt whining over character x, y, and z, not making into the game. That's not valid, that's just whining. Offering a respectable thought-out reason as to why you feel a certain implementation should have been placed within the game is something worth listening to. (Which they did do, the roster voting for this game)
Such thoughts will be appreciated, but if they aren't able to make it happen, then it is not laziness, they just weren't capable of doing it. Plain and simple.

Someone should tell this to the Naruto Storm fans.
---
Don't waste my time with your pathetic facepalm, facedesk, sigh, eye roll, head shake, or any of those crappy emote faces. It makes you look stupid and annoying
#30HyperViperBeamPosted 7/22/2014 10:45:14 PM
This game is straight garb. The initial new toy glow dulled and everyone realized they were actually playing with a smelly secondhand jockstrap. And no matter how much you try to scrub off the gouda stench it still smells rancid, it smells worse the more you try to clean in fact. New smells spew out from every fiber.