#1ssjggokuPosted 7/20/2014 2:16:52 AM
1.First of all is it worth it

2.How's the story mode good bad?

3.Is the gameplay. Good. Or clunky

4.How long Does it take to unlock a characters

5.And lastly how would you rank it overall
---
Yo I'm up to chat through pm anytime just hit me up and we good alright
Currently playing:FFX/X-2 HD. Remaster, DBZ Budokai. HD. Collection, and KH. 1.5 remix
#2ssjggoku(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2014 2:41:52 AM
Also forgot to add is this available here in America or does it need to be imported and if it's available (please ) here is there any english options or purely in Japanese or English subtitle thanks
---
Yo I'm up to chat through pm anytime just hit me up and we good alright
Currently playing:FFX/X-2 HD. Remaster, DBZ Budokai. HD. Collection, and KH. 1.5 remix
#3ClapbPosted 7/20/2014 5:04:40 AM
Not worth it man, take my advice and avoid this title. Offline isn't even worth it, split screen is ridiculously bad. Online is even worse with everyone spamming the noobiest things, I haven't played this game in a month because of how fed up I am about it, I'm even debating selling it. I actually try to convince my friends to avoid this title because they are my friends. Save your money and get a better game.
#4Awesome1182Posted 7/20/2014 9:16:54 AM
1. Story mode is fine, but you don't need to play it
2. SOOOO WORTH THE MONEY IF YOU LIKE SHONEN JUMP
3. The gameplay is really fun and if you have friends you can either fight or tag team against a series of opponents (so fun, me and my friends would always come up with strategies to DESTROY THE ENEMY)
4.It shouldn't take long to unlock all the characters that you know, but it is kind of annoying (shop system) At least its better than DON
5. I would rank this game VERY HIGHLY. Worth the money and in my top 2 fav ps3 games. It might be less fun if you don't have friends that are shonen fans tho
#5Funny2neverPosted 7/20/2014 9:37:40 AM
1. Only if you like shonen jump

2. If you can read Japanese there are some unique conversations, however there are very few differences between each story mode

3. It is pretty good, definitely some unbalanced characters but pretty fun over all

4. You can probably unlock all of them if you play a teams story, maybe part of another's

5. It's fun, personally I have more fun with single player than I do with multiplayer/online but to each their own

6. You will have to import it unless you can find it on ebay or something, but even then you will probably only find it online, there are english words but not many, only stuff like time and the music choices are in english
---
You thought it was Zoroark, but it was I, DIttO!
#6fuzzylittlbunnyPosted 7/20/2014 2:11:15 PM
ssjggoku posted...

1. No. If it was localized and you didn't have to pay the jacked up prices of Japanese PSN cards then... probably still no.

2. Story mode in fighters isn't usually the focus, and J-Stars is no exception.

3. Clunky.

4. I forget :<

5. 4/10. It could've been better if they had done some balancing tweaks, maybe made the gameplay a little smoother, and added more options like online 1v1, individual player stock, timed, or FFA matches online. But like all reviews of a game, take it with a grain of salt. Reviews are just someone else's opinion, and you shouldn't buy a game based on what they think. So just watch some videos and decide if you want it.
---
( ^_^)/\(^_^ )
Maya high five!
#7yohvsnarutoPosted 7/20/2014 4:24:10 PM
fuzzylittlbunny posted...
ssjggoku posted...

1. No. If it was localized and you didn't have to pay the jacked up prices of Japanese PSN cards then... probably still no.

3. Clunky.

5. 4/10. It could've been better if they had done some balancing tweaks, maybe made the gameplay a little smoother, and added more options like online 1v1, individual player stock, timed, or FFA matches online. But like all reviews of a game, take it with a grain of salt. Reviews are just someone else's opinion, and you shouldn't buy a game based on what they think. So just watch some videos and decide if you want it.

I'm not sure why're you expecting a 1v1 mode. Especially when it would just be Saiki > All so it would be pointless. And I can agree with the rest.
---
Come join me at http://xat.com/TheFightersTraining
Biggest Tales of fan on Gamefaqs : ) ~Official Joseph Joestar of everywhere~
#8NewNegroManPosted 7/20/2014 4:49:07 PM
yohvsnaruto posted...
fuzzylittlbunny posted...
ssjggoku posted...

3. Clunky.

I'm not sure why're you expecting a 1v1 mode. Especially when it would just be Saiki > All so it would be pointless. And I can agree with the rest.

All me and my friends do is 1v1
-Saiki gets stopped by Ryu, Vegeta, Zebra, and any other projectile heavy character
-Evens out with Sasuke, Yusuke, Toriko, Luffy(grab him and Ur invincible until he hits U), etc.
-And then Saiki of course shuts out everyone else.

Best 1v1 character is Sasuke.

=D
#9fuzzylittlbunnyPosted 7/20/2014 5:05:48 PM
I wanted to 1v1 SONIC_305. I think he visits this board occasionally...

I like to play him in online games. It started with JUS, continued on with MvC3, then PS All Stars, and wanted to play him in this game. And it didn't even have to be just 1v1; FFA would be funny. It might've been like in PS All Stars where we would mess around with some other friends. The rules were simple

- Only Zeus
- Only attacks you could use were supers and fully charged attacks
- Taunting was mandatory after landing an attack or dodging a super

This lead to such hilarity since most of Zeus' charged attacks would guard break, and in a hectic 4 man FFA there wasn't time to dodge. What that meant was that the match would go like this

1) Someone smacks another player(s) across the screen and taunts
2) One of the other players sees him taunting and uses that time to charge up a move and smacks him across the screen then taunts
3) Repeat

Zeus had such a pro taunt that it was hilarious hearing it so often, especially while seeing people get knocked by his superman punch lol
---
( ^_^)/\(^_^ )
Maya high five!
#10RagingKoalaBearPosted 7/20/2014 7:05:04 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]